Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If you could pick the next squire's starting location, would it be...

A southernly port where cultures and norms of society mix and clash with each other?
A westernly city akin to Marienburg, home of current squire in play?
An easternly outpost at the edge of kingdom's borders, a beginning of thisverse's Silk Road?
A northernly fortress where young men prove themselves in combat with giants, wildlings and mystical beasts?
Centre of the kingdom, trapping the young squire in a thick web of decadent court's schemings and plots?

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 77

Author Topic: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game  (Read 57316 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game
« Reply #270 on: January 03, 2015, 11:43:10 am »

Ask about need in the fields of Heraldy and more practice in combat. Then leave to get Sandra informing her of what happened. Maybe we can get her a job as a handmaiden also one day. But for now lets give her a ducat and tell her to wait while we work something out.

We are NOT abandoning her and we should tell her that we can be seen together just that she can't live with our host right now.

Elves and Dwarves are now in our cross hairs.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 03, 2015, 11:49:28 am »

Hrm, +1 to 3man75's suggestion, but also try to bring up the subject of knowing a scribe seeking employment who may be helpful if the manor is in need.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 03, 2015, 11:59:02 am »

Ask about need in the fields of Heraldy and more practice in combat. Then leave to get Sandra informing her of what happened. Maybe we can get her a job as a handmaiden also one day. But for now lets give her a ducat and tell her to wait while we work something out.

We are NOT abandoning her and we should tell her that we can be seen together just that she can't live with our host right now.

Elves and Dwarves are now in our cross hairs.
+1. We might also want to let her know that The lord of the Goldfeather house might be willing to hire her, as she has reading a writing skills. And we should give her something to help her know for sure that we are coming back. And all our ducats. She will need them far more than we. We did chose to leave her in a horrid situation, you know. Though, for the life of me, I dont know why you. . . . we jumped at the chance of death without considering our companion. (selfish children *mumble mumble*)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 12:04:12 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 03, 2015, 12:05:43 pm »

More ducats for sure. Enough to survive for at least a week. But first we should see about our questions to the Chamberlain before we find Sandra and tell her the situation (as well as give her whatever ducats we can spare).

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 03, 2015, 12:23:36 pm »

So. . . . . in order of what should be done, when is:
Ask him about the facilities a squire might have access to, such as an archery range or library. All to better serve our new lord of course.
Then
Hrm, +1 to 3man75's suggestion, but also try to bring up the subject of knowing a scribe seeking employment who may be helpful if the manor is in need.
because we are already there. no need to tell her, then go back to inquire, then go back to tell her Ye or Nay.

And then my addition of
We might also want to let her know that The lord of the Goldfeather house might be willing to hire her, as she has reading a writing skills. And we should give her something to help her know for sure that we are coming back. And all our ducats. She will need them far more than we. We did chose to leave her in a horrid situation, you know. Though, for the life of me, I dont know why you. . . . we jumped at the chance of death without considering our companion. (selfish children *mumble mumble*)
Sounds like a good idea?
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 03, 2015, 12:42:38 pm »

So. . . . . in order of what should be done, when is:
Ask him about the facilities a squire might have access to, such as an archery range or library. All to better serve our new lord of course.
Then
because we are already there. no need to tell her, then go back to inquire, then go back to tell her Ye or Nay.

And then my addition of
We might also want to let her know that The lord of the Goldfeather house might be willing to hire her, as she has reading a writing skills. And we should give her something to help her know for sure that we are coming back. And all our ducats. She will need them far more than we. We did chose to leave her in a horrid situation, you know. Though, for the life of me, I dont know why you. . . . we jumped at the chance of death without considering our companion. (selfish children *mumble mumble*)
Sounds like a good idea?

I like it.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 03, 2015, 01:08:27 pm »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 03, 2015, 01:43:48 pm »

Hrm, how about

If we have enough material to do the following with...

Try to write a message (as best you can) using whatever materials were left over from your practice telling Sandra about your new situation, including when you are at liberty to meet with her. Also mention that you've paid the innkeep for several days for the room to help with her expenses but in the meantime that she should begin looking for long-term arrangements in a cheaper room. Share your enthusiasm for finally being on the road to knighthood, with an eventual end of a villainous elf's demise.

But do this no matter what:

Pay the Innkeeper 4 ducats for the room (20 crowns worth - 5 days?) and ask him to tell Sandra that you've been looking for her and that if possible she should leave a note about when we can next see her (or where, such as her place of work).

?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 03, 2015, 02:00:52 pm »

Hrm, how about

Try to write a message (as best you can) using whatever materials were left over from your practice telling Sandra about your new situation, including when you are at liberty to meet with her. Also mention that you've paid the innkeep for several days for the room to help with her expenses but in the meantime that she should begin looking for long-term arrangements in a cheaper room. Share your enthusiasm for finally being on the road to knighthood, with an eventual end of a villainous elf's demise.

Pay the Innkeeper 4 ducats for the room (20 crowns worth - 5 days?) and ask him to tell Sandra that you've been looking for her and that if possible she should leave a note about when we can next see her (or where, such as her place of work).

?
I was about to post something similar. if we ask the innkeeper to move her into a one person room, that would be back down to four ducats. we should also leave another ducat or two for her to eat one or two meals a day.  for those few days.

(Danm it. Just got rick rolled walking to work.)
We should keep in mind she works at the market place, so we should ask were to find that, instead.
On a side note, I wish we had humorously youthful, naivete.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:15:52 pm by zomara0292 »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 03, 2015, 02:30:57 pm »

Hrm, how about

?
I was about to post something similar. if we ask the innkeeper to move her into a one person room, that would be back down to four ducats. we should also leave another ducat or two for her to eat one or two meals a day.  for those few days.

(Danm it. Just got rick rolled walking to work.)
We should keep in mind she works at the market place, so we should ask were to find that, instead.
On a side note, I wish we had humorously youthful, naivete.

Leave one verbal messenger with the the innkeeper. "I haven't forgotten about you. I'll be back." Make sure to let him know how she looks like.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 03, 2015, 02:37:33 pm »

I am sure he will know who we are talking about since she is the only person we spoke to, and have been sleeping in the same room with, for a week. And we have matching scars, but he may not know that.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 03, 2015, 06:26:39 pm »

Things could get very muddy very quickly. If we leave a note telling her we live at Blackfish now then that could be a problem if she doesn't know where it is. If she does and she finds a better place to live, we'll have no way of knowing where her new place of residence is. I say we leave her a note saying we'll be back in a few hours and that we got a permanent job, then we go back and acquaint ourselves with who we have to serve, then we'll go back to the inn so we can tell Sandra in greater deal about our new job and we can take her to our new residence so she knows where to find us.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 03, 2015, 09:12:51 pm »

Over complicatedness.  We shouldnt be supporting her without returned investment.  Ask her to move to a single via a note w/a tip.  Inform her you wish to meet her on the holy day after noon.  At the inn.

We should take her for a walk and discuss the nature of her magic.  We will learn necromany if possible, study it if not, and learn more writing.  We can also provide her with a bow for practice.

Once a standard schedule is established as a squire we can work out details.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 09:14:35 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 04, 2015, 01:47:09 am »

Over complicatedness.  We shouldnt be supporting her without returned investment.  Ask her to move to a single via a note w/a tip.  Inform her you wish to meet her on the holy day after noon.  At the inn.

We should take her for a walk and discuss the nature of her magic.  We will learn necromany if possible, study it if not, and learn more writing.  We can also provide her with a bow for practice.

Once a standard schedule is established as a squire we can work out details.
We have already talked with her about the nature of her magic, including how she got it, and what she can do, twice. Based on how she got it, we cant get it. We are currently supporting her because, and this was established before I came to even know about this game, we agreed to. In character, as a squire training to be a knight, it is not a good idea to become even remotely know as a betrayer without unavoidable reasons. The rest actually sits well. Ish.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 04, 2015, 02:27:10 am »

We should leave a letter in our room and one verbally. Remember we can't be out late and we should be home quickly. We CANNOT afford to lose this job an BlackFish has made it clear to not be out at night. So we can't wait for her.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 77