Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If you could pick the next squire's starting location, would it be...

A southernly port where cultures and norms of society mix and clash with each other?
A westernly city akin to Marienburg, home of current squire in play?
An easternly outpost at the edge of kingdom's borders, a beginning of thisverse's Silk Road?
A northernly fortress where young men prove themselves in combat with giants, wildlings and mystical beasts?
Centre of the kingdom, trapping the young squire in a thick web of decadent court's schemings and plots?

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 77

Author Topic: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game  (Read 57310 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game
« Reply #285 on: January 04, 2015, 02:34:24 am »

Ok. We'll leave her a note saying we got a job with the Blackfish house. On the note it'll say that we'll be back around the same time tomorrow so we can start finding a cheaper place for her to live. We'll leave a bit of money to cover the costs of staying there and for buying food until tomorrow.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 04, 2015, 09:07:44 am »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 04, 2015, 10:55:46 am »

Over complicatedness.  We shouldnt be supporting her without returned investment.  Ask her to move to a single via a note w/a tip.  Inform her you wish to meet her on the holy day after noon.  At the inn.

We should take her for a walk and discuss the nature of her magic.  We will learn necromany if possible, study it if not, and learn more writing.  We can also provide her with a bow for practice.

Once a standard schedule is established as a squire we can work out details.
We have already talked with her about the nature of her magic, including how she got it, and what she can do, twice. Based on how she got it, we cant get it. We are currently supporting her because, and this was established before I came to even know about this game, we agreed to. In character, as a squire training to be a knight, it is not a good idea to become even remotely know as a betrayer without unavoidable reasons. The rest actually sits well. Ish.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Back to the compound.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 04, 2015, 11:09:14 am »

Practice Writing During Our Spare Time!

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 04, 2015, 11:17:17 am »

-1, Later

First return to Blackfish's scribe Abdal and learn some basic heraldry before we embarrass ourselves.

He's also able to help us with our writing and probably more efficiently than our previous studies, though I think it would only be as a distant instructor, while doing it with Sandra may have more of a relationship impact and deepens her commitment given how we're sharing our development with her.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 04, 2015, 12:47:07 pm »

-1, Later

First return to Blackfish's scribe Abdal and learn some basic heraldry before we embarrass ourselves.

He's also able to help us with our writing and probably more efficiently than our previous studies, though I think it would only be as a distant instructor, while doing it with Sandra may have more of a relationship impact and deepens her commitment given how we're sharing our development with her.
Agreed, and, also, that message was the cutest thing ever. So muc so, that I dont now what to truely att. . .  Sooo. . . +1
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 04, 2015, 01:28:06 pm »

+1 for asking the scribe to help teach us heraldry. Otherwise, getting an overall idea of how people view us inside the house as a newcomer would be useful, but avoid the chapel. Lets give the mourners their time to mourn in peace.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 04, 2015, 01:54:58 pm »

+1 for asking the scribe to help teach us heraldry. Otherwise, getting an overall idea of how people view us inside the house as a newcomer would be useful, but avoid the chapel. Lets give the mourners their time to mourn in peace.

+1

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 04, 2015, 02:38:15 pm »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 04, 2015, 02:50:31 pm »

well. . ..  that was interesting. Not much more we can do for tonight, but rest. And, in the morning, check our current stats.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 04, 2015, 04:40:03 pm »

Actually, we've still got a while before bed time and we're in the library. Let's see if we can find any archery manuals or the like around here.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 04, 2015, 04:52:11 pm »

I dunno if we'll have time or the reading skill to get enough from the experience. Instead hrm..

Try to see if your new commander is available and meet your comrades-in-arms.

Long term I feel we should:

1.) Secure a place for Sandra where she can begin practicing her crafts

2.) Finish rounding out our skills, especially social ones and possibly health (which according to Haspen requires exercise and nutrition).

3.) Start building up our relationships. Personally I feel we need to get our R/W to the point we can begin corresponding with our younger sister who is engaged to a wealthy patrician.

4.) Find a better source of magic training for Sandra. I would suggest Vevane, but she seems to have ties with the Fey (and thus Elf). Maybe that wizard who helped build parts of the city is still around? As long as spellcasters don't have a habit of murdering each other for power or something in this universe we may even be able to solve her own lodging needs at the same time with an apprenticeship.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 04, 2015, 04:52:58 pm »

Or MAGIK books

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 04, 2015, 04:56:02 pm »

I was considering that as well, though who knows whether most places even have those kinds of books, and we may have to steal them depending on who has access to them.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 04, 2015, 05:16:13 pm »

I dunno if we'll have time or the reading skill to get enough from the experience. Instead hrm..
The thing about medieval manuals on archery and swordfightnig and stuff is that they're picture books. Lots and lots of pictures.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 77