Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If you could pick the next squire's starting location, would it be...

A southernly port where cultures and norms of society mix and clash with each other?
A westernly city akin to Marienburg, home of current squire in play?
An easternly outpost at the edge of kingdom's borders, a beginning of thisverse's Silk Road?
A northernly fortress where young men prove themselves in combat with giants, wildlings and mystical beasts?
Centre of the kingdom, trapping the young squire in a thick web of decadent court's schemings and plots?

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 77

Author Topic: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game  (Read 57322 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game
« Reply #240 on: January 02, 2015, 06:39:12 pm »

"I Dunno I just wanna start a Dynasty and get rich."

"I have no beloved, though I do have a friend who I feel deserves some amount of support from myself. Secondly, I have no mortal enemies, and I have no wish to create them. Finally, yes. I Honzo Lutz do pledge myself to your house, and I shall perform to the best of my ability for whatever you may require of me."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 02, 2015, 06:45:17 pm »

With an attitude like that you'll never be king of the world but +1.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 02, 2015, 06:50:27 pm »

With an attitude like that you'll never be king of the world but +1.

With and attitude like that we'll probably be hanged. :P

"I have no beloved, though I do have a friend who I feel deserves some amount of support from myself. Secondly, I have no mortal enemies, and I have no wish to create them. Finally, yes. I Honzo Lutz do pledge myself to your house, and I shall perform to the best of my ability for whatever you may require of me."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 02, 2015, 06:57:01 pm »

I say we decline. We can't support Sandra on a ducat a day let alone a ducat a week. (5 crowns = 1 ducat, right? Inn costs 6 crowns a day.) If we were to find cheaper housing we might be able to accept. Does he know of anywhere a person might stay for less than a ducat a week?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 02, 2015, 07:01:38 pm »

We don't need to support she has a job we should just give of what we earn every week and keep the rest for equipment and such also +1 to joining

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 02, 2015, 07:03:19 pm »

I say we decline. We can't support Sandra on a ducat a day let alone a ducat a week. (5 crowns = 1 ducat, right? Inn costs 6 crowns a day.) If we were to find cheaper housing we might be able to accept. Does he know of anywhere a person might stay for less than a ducat a week?

A job is better than no job. We could find cheaper housing, or we could convince Sir Blackfish to take her in as a handmaiden, to clean stuff and prepare the tables. That'll keep her close to us and give a roof over both our heads.

Try not to be pushy when asking Sir Blackfish. Accept the job first, then later on a bit after he trusts us recommend Sandra to work here. In the meantime, find a cheaper inn for Sandra and give her our ducats. 
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 02, 2015, 07:04:24 pm »

A job is better than no job. We could find cheaper housing, or we could convince Sir Blackfish to take her in as a handmaiden, to clean stuff and prepare the tables. That'll keep her close to us and give a roof over both our heads.

Try not to be pushy when asking Sir Blackfish. Accept the job first, then later on a bit after he trusts us recommend Sandra to work here. In the meantime, find a cheaper inn for Sandra and give her our ducats.

+1
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 02, 2015, 07:05:41 pm »

+1
+1

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 02, 2015, 07:08:51 pm »

HORRIBLE IDEA! We shouldn't sign ourselves over to death just to get a mere job, and one at a single ducat a week, no less! Moreover, if they find out that Sandra has greenskin, who knows what'll happen! At the very best she'll have no private space to practice necromancy due to being lodged within the manor.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 02, 2015, 07:09:57 pm »

That's a fair point. -1 to my +1.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 02, 2015, 07:21:32 pm »

We didn't want this job for the money. We did it to become a knight! The ducat isn't payment, it's our allowance for whatever we want to do. Good point about Sandra though. We should ask around for cheap inns later on.
Dying of laughter?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 02, 2015, 07:26:10 pm »

Still, I think we should have some degree of independence. We need to be able to have our own holdings and our own manor some day. We can't ever get that if we're stuck as permanent servants to some guy who is expecting us to inevitable die for him.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 02, 2015, 07:30:26 pm »

Still, I think we should have some degree of independence. We need to be able to have our own holdings and our own manor some day. We can't ever get that if we're stuck as permanent servants to some guy who is expecting us to inevitable die for him.

He's bound to die before us. He's only got one heir left. Their house is dying and weak. And I'm pretty sure the GM will allow us the choice to leave at some point in the game.

This is also one of the only guys who'll take us for a squire. We spent most of the game job-hunting than squiring.
Dying of laughter?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 02, 2015, 07:35:14 pm »

He's bound to die before us. He's only got one heir left. Their house is dying and weak. And I'm pretty sure the GM will allow us the choice to leave at some point in the game.

This is also one of the only guys who'll take us for a squire. We spent most of the game job-hunting than squiring.
No. No he won't. We chose for this setting to have Warhammer-levels of grimdark. We can expect no mercy. Also, we'd have to spend at least a decade or two in their service before we can reasonably expect either the master or the heir to die, and that's assuming the master doesn't have a brother or something. There's just way too many risks for not enough reward.

Nunzillor

« Reply #254 on: January 02, 2015, 08:23:46 pm »

Hmm, frankly this is probably our best shot at becoming a squire, though the house head doesn't seem like a barrel of laughs.  And the whole "you leave by dying" thing is rather unfortunate.  But even so...
Becoming a squire is our greatest desire right now.  I think the status of squire alone is reward enough for our character so I suggest that we take it since we don't really have any other options in the regard.

We can find some work for Sandra or a cheaper inn (or both) later.  Right now she is just kind of weighing us down, though.  I know we like her a lot, but she isn't really a greatly contributing partner.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 08:27:01 pm by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 77