Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If you could pick the next squire's starting location, would it be...

A southernly port where cultures and norms of society mix and clash with each other?
A westernly city akin to Marienburg, home of current squire in play?
An easternly outpost at the edge of kingdom's borders, a beginning of thisverse's Silk Road?
A northernly fortress where young men prove themselves in combat with giants, wildlings and mystical beasts?
Centre of the kingdom, trapping the young squire in a thick web of decadent court's schemings and plots?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 77

Author Topic: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game  (Read 57324 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game
« Reply #255 on: January 02, 2015, 08:32:37 pm »

Oh man.  That was great.  You roll quite well with the audience.

I wish to know why you fought the dwarves
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 02, 2015, 08:38:09 pm »

We can find some work for Sandra or a cheaper inn (or both) later.  Right now she is just kind of weighing us down, though.  I know we like her a lot, but she isn't really a greatly contributing partner.

Well not right now. But she's a vital part of my "Death Knight" goal :p
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 02, 2015, 08:54:12 pm »

We can find some work for Sandra or a cheaper inn (or both) later.  Right now she is just kind of weighing us down, though.  I know we like her a lot, but she isn't really a greatly contributing partner.

Well not right now. But she's a vital part of my "Death Knight" goal :p

'Tis a fine goal. People of this kingdom might not think so much of necromancy, however. For now at least. Later on we should prove to the common masses that speaking to the dead isn't that bad.

Crazy idea: (Not really a suggestion. Just a thought) Maybe later on Sandra can try to communicate with Sir Blackfish's dead sons, try to see what would please our lord best. Later, much later on, we can try to console Lady Blackfish by letting her talk to her sons. You know, when she trusts us. She'd probably freak out, but if she's really desperate and sorrowful it might work.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 02, 2015, 09:03:51 pm »

That's... actually a really good idea. He may also be more receptive to it now than at a later date, while in the middle of grieving and potentially with the desire to meet the dead again. Him or the Lady. Of course first we should make sure he isn't a BURN THE WITCH type.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 02, 2015, 09:06:37 pm »

On the other hand they might freak out at the idea of a necromancer being around their dead children and would be EXTRA sure to burn the witch.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 02, 2015, 09:26:41 pm »

"I have no beloved, though I do have a friend who I feel deserves some amount of support from myself. Secondly, I have no mortal enemies, and I have no wish to create them. Finally, yes. I Honzo Lutz do pledge myself to your house, and I shall perform to the best of my ability for whatever you may require of me."
+1.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 02, 2015, 10:10:29 pm »

Ah well. No castle for us, I guess. How bad could the life of a bodyguard/meatshield be anyway?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 02, 2015, 10:18:27 pm »

We could still get a castle in the future. Being a squire means one day we'll be knighted. Our liege Lord can give us our own castle if we distinguish ourselves, we just have to answer his call to war when he needs us.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 02, 2015, 10:50:28 pm »

If our liege lord was the kinda guy who could afford a castle, he'd be living in one of his own rather than in some lowly manor in some random city. The point of squiring is to become a knight. Once we're a knight, we'd be able to own land. Of course, we can't own land if we're under permanent retinue of some noble. We'd be high-status bodyguards and nothing more.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 02, 2015, 11:30:54 pm »

With an attitude like that you'll never be king of the world but +1.

With and attitude like that we'll probably be hanged. :P

"I have no beloved, though I do have a friend who I feel deserves some amount of support from myself. Secondly, I have no mortal enemies, and I have no wish to create them. Finally, yes. I Honzo Lutz do pledge myself to your house, and I shall perform to the best of my ability for whatever you may require of me."

This. +1

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 03, 2015, 06:17:40 am »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 03, 2015, 06:37:10 am »

Oh shit.

Wander around and look for the chamberlain or the armory. Remember to shut our mouth next time.
Dying of laughter?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 03, 2015, 09:37:16 am »

Nonsense, we know now that our liege is a low-ranking or undiplomatic syncophant.

Still, best get ourselves settled in.  And see about training.  Could we buy a bow for the female?  Necros and bows should go well together.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 03, 2015, 11:19:08 am »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 03, 2015, 11:33:49 am »

Ask him about the facilities a squire might have access to, such as an archery range or library. All to better serve our new lord of course.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 77