Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If you could pick the next squire's starting location, would it be...

A southernly port where cultures and norms of society mix and clash with each other?
A westernly city akin to Marienburg, home of current squire in play?
An easternly outpost at the edge of kingdom's borders, a beginning of thisverse's Silk Road?
A northernly fortress where young men prove themselves in combat with giants, wildlings and mystical beasts?
Centre of the kingdom, trapping the young squire in a thick web of decadent court's schemings and plots?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 77

Author Topic: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game  (Read 57399 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game
« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2014, 04:51:44 pm »

I doubt she has such control over her power considering its just at one. We may be able to help her hone her ability though, but we should also try to help her keep it quiet. She has more to lose than us, since we're just stupid, but she's quite literally someone they'd burn at the stake.

But where, would be a good thing to note.

1) Hm, there's usually always something that needs doing. Let's listen to gossip for a bit in a tavern, we might overhear something interesting.

2) Another thing to try would be to head to the guards one last time, and say we wish to prove ourselves martially. We tell them they gain to lose is a few lumps if they lose, or they get to hit the annoying kid that keeps pestering them.

3) A third might be to head to the church and thank them for "cleansing" us, and ask for proper education in the divines so as to properly gird ourselves away from further temptation and damnation. No way they'd turn down the opportunity to teach us.

I think we should try 2 (see above) first, then head on to 1, then try 3 if we still have a bit of time. Or maybe swap 3 and 1, depending on how things go.

Seems sensible.  +1.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2014, 04:57:49 pm »

Well then, we wouldn't win a tournament most likely, but we still might catch a lord's eye!  In any case, why not ask Sandra if she is able to increase our martial prowess somehow.  Perhaps she can summon a sword master to guide our moves in battle?  Or bind the souls of the dead in our sword?

I still think that we should leverage out greatest skills in pursuit of our goals...
-1. Can we at least get a safe base of operations before we start meddling in the dark arts?

I doubt she has such control over her power considering its just at one. We may be able to help her hone her ability though, but we should also try to help her keep it quiet. She has more to lose than us, since we're just stupid, but she's quite literally someone they'd burn at the stake.

But where, would be a good thing to note.

1) Hm, there's usually always something that needs doing. Let's listen to gossip for a bit in a tavern, we might overhear something interesting.

2) Another thing to try would be to head to the guards one last time, and say we wish to prove ourselves martially. We tell them they gain to lose is a few lumps if they lose, or they get to hit the annoying kid that keeps pestering them if they win. In better words, obviously. Maybe we might impress someone, assuming they take us up on it.

3) A third might be to head to the church and thank them for "cleansing" us, and ask for proper education in the divines so as to properly gird ourselves away from further temptation and damnation. No way they'd turn down the opportunity to teach us.

I think we should try 2 (see above) first, then head on to 1, then try 3 if we still have a bit of time. Or maybe swap 3 and 1, depending on how things go.
+1

We should also ask Sandra for advice about what to do in the city. It seems like she's been here for longer than us, or at least knows cities in general better than us.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2014, 05:23:18 pm »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2014, 05:30:34 pm »

If it needs be said, I echo my previous post.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2014, 05:33:27 pm »

If it needs be said, I echo my previous post.
+1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2014, 05:55:57 pm »

SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2014, 06:02:23 pm »

"Then I seek to prove I'm not just anyone! Your whisperings are true, I had been taken by a force dark and had been cleansed by the gracious priests of the mighty on high, and I've walked away a stronger man than before, both my faith in the true God and in myself affirmed in the hardest stone. If he's indeed so furious, then perhaps he'd take enjoyment in seeing me be beaten and bruised, for I request a test of martial might to show my true mettle. Should I fail, I'll bother you no more."

Say something akin to the this. If they make some snide remark about possibly not being fully cleansed, make a comeback about why they doubt the honesty and power of the church.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 06:06:46 pm by Xanmyral »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2014, 06:06:29 pm »

"Then I seek to prove I'm not just anyone! Your whisperings are true, I had been taken by a force dark and had been cleansed by the gracious priests of the mighty on high, and I've walked away a stronger man than before, both my faith in the true God and in myself affirmed in the hardest stone. If he's indeed so furious, then perhaps he'd take enjoyment in seeing me be beaten and bruised, for I request a test of martial might to show my true mettle. Should I fail, I'll bother you no more."

Say something akin to the this.
+1

You are now having excessive amounts of fun

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2014, 06:09:21 pm »

+1
+1

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2014, 06:15:18 pm »

+1
+1
+1

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2014, 06:24:57 pm »

+1 to above me

Also we should ask if necromancer girl will teach us to write and read

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2014, 06:30:36 pm »

SigFlags!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 28, 2014, 06:43:37 pm »

Remain still, Calm, Draw upon your experiences, and wait until the last minute, Dodge His attack when he makes one, And then Dodge the one sure to follow, before Kicking at His left leg. If that fails, roll away, while if it succeeds, Take to your feet and hold your blade at him.

If he refuses to attack, Feint at him no less than three times with your sword, The Kick at his leg, If it fails, Roll away, than Sweep your sword at where you just were, If it succeeds, Take to your feet and Point your blade down where he lay.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 28, 2014, 06:45:22 pm »

We're pretty outmatched here, but such as it is.

We have far less reach than him, so being on the defensive will gain us nothing. However, he has for more reach than us, if we get inside his guard then he'll have trouble bringing the full of the blade to bear on us, then we'd just need to be wary of the pommel/guard and the man himself. We'll need to be quick and try to use his size and reach against him. Parrying would probably be unwise, we lack the blade and strength to probably fully deflect/redirect any attacks. Being more skilled than us, I also doubt a charge would work, he's expecting it.

Go in quick but not foolhardily, be wary of the man and his blade. His empty hand is just as dangerous as the blade, we need to be aware of that. Don't seek to parry unless we have no other choice, try to dodge and avoid the blows. If we can, try to get ourselves in a position where he can't use the full of his height or reach, if we're inside his range than he'll have a harder time hitting us with that sword. Aim for his sword arm, to try and disable that. Attacking his empty arm will just give him opportunity to strike back.

Nunzillor

« Reply #149 on: December 28, 2014, 07:20:54 pm »

We're pretty outmatched here, but such as it is.

We have far less reach than him, so being on the defensive will gain us nothing. However, he has for more reach than us, if we get inside his guard then he'll have trouble bringing the full of the blade to bear on us, then we'd just need to be wary of the pommel/guard and the man himself. We'll need to be quick and try to use his size and reach against him. Parrying would probably be unwise, we lack the blade and strength to probably fully deflect/redirect any attacks. Being more skilled than us, I also doubt a charge would work, he's expecting it.

Go in quick but not foolhardily, be wary of the man and his blade. His empty hand is just as dangerous as the blade, we need to be aware of that. Don't seek to parry unless we have no other choice, try to dodge and avoid the blows. If we can, try to get ourselves in a position where he can't use the full of his height or reach, if we're inside his range than he'll have a harder time hitting us with that sword. Aim for his sword arm, to try and disable that. Attacking his empty arm will just give him opportunity to strike back.

+1!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 77