Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If you could pick the next squire's starting location, would it be...

A southernly port where cultures and norms of society mix and clash with each other?
A westernly city akin to Marienburg, home of current squire in play?
An easternly outpost at the edge of kingdom's borders, a beginning of thisverse's Silk Road?
A northernly fortress where young men prove themselves in combat with giants, wildlings and mystical beasts?
Centre of the kingdom, trapping the young squire in a thick web of decadent court's schemings and plots?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 77

Author Topic: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game  (Read 57390 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2014, 06:26:53 am »

Sweet, we get a necromancer!

"Fair maiden, thy story has moved me so. If that fiend of an elf were here I would spit him upon mine sword in but an instant if only to receive thy favor! I will gladly take thee with me on my path to nobility if thou shalt accompany me."

I guess we could become gypsies and tell people's fortunes and talk to their dead. Then we scam this town and leave.

Just got an amazing revenge plan for that jerk guard from the garrison. Ask our new friend to see if she can find a dead relative of that guy and mysteriously toy with him about it, threaten him with some hocus pocus and force him to get us an audience with Sir Whatshisface. Force him to duel us and intentionally lose. When that knight sees his captain of the guard struck down by a boy he'll have to take us and our friend in!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2014, 06:51:47 am »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2014, 07:00:28 am »

So, can we control her too now? Or do we just control Honso?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2014, 07:04:26 am »

PTW
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2014, 07:05:39 am »

I am so watching this o_o

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2014, 07:08:38 am »

So, can we control her too now? Or do we just control Honso?

Yoou control only Honso.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2014, 07:16:12 am »

Start a cleansed community, gathering up cleansed from places around the worldddddd and conquering it.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2014, 07:42:08 am »

Start a cleansed community, gathering up cleansed from places around the worldddddd and conquering it.

* Glowcat supports this decision. Nyah.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2014, 08:59:06 am »

Just read it up-...wow we have such a great opportunity at hand.
Loyalty and fealty for the King!...Starting with the 'least' among the people. I wonder if all we see are truths and sincerity :P
Still, being kind to her is awesome. Nice :D

* Glowcat supports this decision. Nyah.
Append this decision to future goals.

But first: Present thyself to Sir Fallsworth, and before leaving--inquire (To Sandra, at least) as to any laws the church has regarding knowledge of magic after being Cleansed, or at least how the church sees the general use of magic.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:01:02 am by Tiruin »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2014, 09:59:18 am »

SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2014, 03:06:34 pm »

To slightly help me with this game, I have added a poll! This way I will know where you/we want this game to get one day :3
SigFlags!

Nunzillor

« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2014, 04:12:49 pm »

((A necromancer, eh?  I'm sure this can only go well...))
Ask around at the inn and look outside for posters detailing martial tournaments in the area.  We have high combat skill-- let's use that to our advantage in attracting a lord, whether they be Sir Fallworth or someone else.

((Is our combat skill considered high for a squire, high for a knight, or high relative to all people?  Or is it relatively low?))
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 04:17:02 pm by Nunzillor »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2014, 04:24:22 pm »

//Skill goes from 0 to 10. 10 would be legendary and renowed swordmaster, 0 would be a boy who never got into a swordfight. 5 would be quite high for a squire, but low in comparison with veteran knights.
SigFlags!

Nunzillor

« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2014, 04:32:01 pm »

Well then, we wouldn't win a tournament most likely, but we still might catch a lord's eye!  In any case, why not ask Sandra if she is able to increase our martial prowess somehow.  Perhaps she can summon a sword master to guide our moves in battle?  Or bind the souls of the dead in our sword?

I still think that we should leverage out greatest skills in pursuit of our goals...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 04:35:13 pm by Nunzillor »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 28, 2014, 04:49:58 pm »

I doubt she has such control over her power considering its just at one. We may be able to help her hone her ability though, but we should also try to help her keep it quiet. She has more to lose than us, since we're just stupid, but she's quite literally someone they'd burn at the stake.

But where, would be a good thing to note.

1) Hm, there's usually always something that needs doing. Let's listen to gossip for a bit in a tavern, we might overhear something interesting.

2) Another thing to try would be to head to the guards one last time, and say we wish to prove ourselves martially. We tell them they gain to lose is a few lumps if they lose, or they get to hit the annoying kid that keeps pestering them if they win. In better words, obviously. Maybe we might impress someone, assuming they take us up on it.

3) A third might be to head to the church and thank them for "cleansing" us, and ask for proper education in the divines so as to properly gird ourselves away from further temptation and damnation. No way they'd turn down the opportunity to teach us.

I think we should try 2 (see above) first, then head on to 1, then try 3 if we still have a bit of time. Or maybe swap 3 and 1, depending on how things go.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 04:53:57 pm by Xanmyral »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 77