Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If you could pick the next squire's starting location, would it be...

A southernly port where cultures and norms of society mix and clash with each other?
A westernly city akin to Marienburg, home of current squire in play?
An easternly outpost at the edge of kingdom's borders, a beginning of thisverse's Silk Road?
A northernly fortress where young men prove themselves in combat with giants, wildlings and mystical beasts?
Centre of the kingdom, trapping the young squire in a thick web of decadent court's schemings and plots?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 77

Author Topic: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game  (Read 57118 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2014, 07:57:16 am »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2014, 10:37:41 am »

"Ahh, Tis but an old travelers lucky charm, "Hail Cuebone", is exclaimed after a bout of good luck to show gratefulness, as it shows that you are also grateful for the simpler things, such as not having your bones cued up for the coffinmaker. It helps to ward off Insolence by reminding you that there are many more things to be grateful for rather than a simple boon of coincidence."
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2014, 10:52:04 am »

"Yesssss. soon I will have religion, and then with propaganda powers I will conscript these people to serve as minions to help TAKE OVER KHANTO!!!!!! MUHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!"

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2014, 10:53:07 am »

"Ahh, Tis but an old travelers lucky charm, "Hail Cuebone", is exclaimed after a bout of good luck to show gratefulness, as it shows that you are also grateful for the simpler things, such as not having your bones cued up for the coffinmaker. It helps to ward off Insolence by reminding you that there are many more things to be grateful for rather than a simple boon of coincidence."
+1, Also ask the man if he wishes to accompany us on our adventures, After all we could use a party cleric.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2014, 11:19:38 am »

But we are just a squire, and there is no indication of magic existing, so all that a priest could really do is apply the power of reading and writing to our party. Wheres the incentive to join us? :V

-Snip-
Yeah, no. -1 to this dumb thing.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2014, 11:30:08 am »

But we are just a squire, and there is no indication of magic existing, so all that a priest could really do is apply the power of reading and writing to our party. Wheres the incentive to join us? :V

-Snip-
Yeah, no. -1 to this dumb thing.
IT'S SOMEONE ELSE COMMENTING!!!!!!! DON'T YOU SEE THE DIFFRENT COLOR!!!!!!!

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2014, 11:47:56 am »

Earlier the GM said that there were isolated wizard towers and if nothing else he could teach us, Furthermore having a priestly companion in the church can only be a good thing, This is a medieval setting after all. Poketwo you remember the European Holy Crusades, If we start a new religion it'll be just like that only their only fighting one squire and a few dozen poorly trained peasant soilders, Let's at least wait until we've got a decent sized fiefdom and a dynasty going before we pull anything like that off. Although if we're gonna start a cult, let's base it around Armok, I mean this is Bay12 right.I say that we get as many maidens as possible pregnant with heirs so that our line can never be snuffed out! That would also level up our Courtship skill if nothing else.

Argument Concluded.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2014, 12:11:15 pm »

Earlier the GM said that there were isolated wizard towers and if nothing else he could teach us, Furthermore having a priestly companion in the church can only be a good thing, This is a medieval setting after all. Poketwo you remember the European Holy Crusades, If we start a new religion it'll be just like that only their only fighting one squire and a few dozen poorly trained peasant soilders, Let's at least wait until we've got a decent sized fiefdom and a dynasty going before we pull anything like that off. Although if we're gonna start a cult, let's base it around Armok, I mean this is Bay12 right.I say that we get as many maidens as possible pregnant with heirs so that our line can never be snuffed out! That would also level up our Courtship skill if nothing else.

Argument Concluded.
THE SQUIRE IS NOT TRYING TO START A RELIGION. HE IS ONLY A TOOL IN INTERDIMENSIONAL PLANS.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2014, 12:12:44 pm »

Were we not supposed to meet the knight today

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2014, 12:15:55 pm »

THE SQUIRE IS NOT TRYING TO START A RELIGION. HE IS ONLY A TOOL IN INTERDIMENSIONAL PLANS.

Well, We're still gonna need a Fiefdom and a large dynasty before we can pull we can pull off world domination.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2014, 12:18:40 pm »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2014, 12:22:50 pm »

Well, We're still gonna need a Fiefdom and a large dynasty before we can pull we can pull off world domination.
NO, HE WAS JUST A TOOL THAT ONE TIME. HE DOES NOT CARE FOR THE SQUIRE NOW.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2014, 12:30:52 pm »

Pull out the sword and start swinging it threateningly and Yell"Stay Back, I'm warning you, If you come any closer the Demons might spread, No,Be Gone! Go Away!Be Gone From This Place!" Near the end of the tirade break down and start crying, Then grunt and collapse on the ground and start thrashing madly, After this slowly stand up as if though you are fighting your own body, Then stop struggling, snap our head up, Hold the sword in the air above our head and say" Thank God on High for healing my blackened soul!" Then we collapse on the ground and start weeping tears of joy and murmur various words such as beautiful, Holy, Mighty, Pure and so on. Then ask the Cleric to accompany us on our adventures so that we might be able to slay demons and corruption wherever they might be found in the name of God.

This plan should turn out favorably guys, If nothing else we can say that the demons took over our body for a short while, Should bolster our reputation as a faithful warrior.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 12:32:40 pm by LuckyKobold »

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2014, 12:34:52 pm »

Pull out the sword and start swinging it threateningly and Yell"Stay Back, I'm warning you, If you come any closer the Demons might spread, No,Be Gone! Go Away!Be Gone From This Place!" Near the end of the tirade break down and start crying, Then grunt and collapse on the ground and start thrashing madly, After this slowly stand up as if though you are fighting your own body, Then stop struggling, snap our head up, Hold the sword in the air above our head and say" Thank God on High for healing my blackened soul!" Then we collapse on the ground and start weeping tears of joy and murmur various words such as beautiful, Holy, Mighty, Pure and so on. Then ask the Cleric to accompany us on our adventures so that we might be able to slay demons and corruption wherever they might be found in the name of God.

This plan should turn out favorably guys, If nothing else we can say that the demons took over our body for a short while, Should bolster our reputation as a faithful warrior.
+1.

NO, HE WAS JUST A TOOL THAT ONE TIME. HE DOES NOT CARE FOR THE SQUIRE NOW.
-1 to any of Poketwo's posts from now on?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2014, 12:35:17 pm »

Nope nope nope nope nope -1 to LuckyKobold's action. That will kill us.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 77