Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 130

Author Topic: Starbound - Caveat emptor  (Read 450310 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - Caveat emptor
« Reply #1710 on: August 16, 2016, 01:04:21 am »

And that means promised mechs that are now currently missing would be billed as integrating a popular mod into the game, so yay modders!

>.>
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: August 16, 2016, 01:18:59 am »

By pets, are you guys referring to the pokemon features?

Also, about "underground villages" - I think they can be of mixed races because each house count as it's own instance, so to speak, and just happen to be spawned next to each other rather than actually belonging together and generated together like a village.

I've seen "villages" of those individual generic houses (on the surface) that got generated right next to each other. They also had mixed populace because of it, bit again, it's just separate houses that happen to be next to each other.
Love, scriver~

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: August 16, 2016, 04:20:22 am »

I think there's a separate less-useful pet feature, but it did sound like they were talking about the pokemon feature, mostly.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: August 16, 2016, 07:54:49 am »

The only other pet feature I can think of is the ship pet you start with, which does literally nothing. It's hard to be less useful than the pokemon feature, but the ship pet manages it.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: August 16, 2016, 08:12:26 am »

The only other pet feature I can think of is the ship pet you start with, which does literally nothing. It's hard to be less useful than the pokemon feature, but the ship pet manages it.

I thought the ship pet had some tamagotchi properties?  like, it's behavior will change depending on how much food and attention it gets?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: August 16, 2016, 08:45:41 am »

What ship pet?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: August 16, 2016, 09:09:43 am »

The one most would throw out of airlock remove if it was possible and you most likely installed some mod that does it.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: August 16, 2016, 11:17:40 am »

What ship pet?

The thing that starts on your ship and stands in front of the pilot's chair so you can't ever use it. ever.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1718 on: August 17, 2016, 02:07:23 am »

Gah... Using FU, how do I get the mercury to make the battery to upgrade the forge? I want my durasteel equipment, dammit! But I haven't seen cinnabar anywhere...

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: August 17, 2016, 02:25:10 am »

Oh, that's the problem with FU: the wiki is nowhere near as complete as the stock one, to the point of it having no specific object information at all.

And so many biome types now!  Thank goodness for planetary surveys.

I think I picked up some cinnabar from somewhere, so that would limit it to places you can get to without an epp (or just a breathing one).  I might have gotten it from a volcano?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: August 17, 2016, 02:28:54 am »

Gah... Using FU, how do I get the mercury to make the battery to upgrade the forge? I want my durasteel equipment, dammit! But I haven't seen cinnabar anywhere...

I'm pretty sure you can also make batteries at the pre-upgraded forge with Poison, copper wire and gold. I used that a lot more often than the mercury recipe.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1721 on: August 17, 2016, 03:02:37 am »

I'm pretty sure you can also make batteries at the pre-upgraded forge with Poison, copper wire and gold. I used that a lot more often than the mercury recipe.

Fraid not. I just checked. I did find a recipe for mercury that requires tainted water, though, that might be easier to find than mercury itself... Maybe on a wasteland planet? I'm looking now... I haven't seen any volcanoes. Where are they normally?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: August 17, 2016, 03:04:03 am »

O-o

What is with space games and making common materials more rare then... well... rare ones?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: August 17, 2016, 03:07:26 am »

FU is inspired by Minecraft tech mods, so it tends to have far more complexity than necessary.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: August 17, 2016, 03:16:16 am »

Oh, yeah you need the atomic furnace to make that...

Though you could just go to the outpost to buy a battery, they're at the convenience store looking building outside.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 130