Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: Separatists  (Read 27967 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Separatists
« Reply #315 on: April 03, 2015, 05:21:20 pm »

No they just can't just jump in, they need crowbars. No I'm not kidding I seen it done on the local guard base. But It's still stupid to do under a barrage so.

-1 to jacking a tank.
+1 to 3man75's plan.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 03, 2015, 07:23:58 pm »

Oh, fun. Armor.

Well, lets see if Bravo guys know how to use arty, if they do, we are gonna need their support. From somewhere a few KM from any of our bases...

Also, Im thinking all of our forces not otherwised occupied should go and be in the fight.

+1 I think we should do what we did last time though. Lets send in some guys to locate the armory and destroy it this time though. With their weapons destroyed we can focus on taking out their armor with our artilery and RPG units (which we should train some of the new guys with those. Buy a few extras if needed.

The plan:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Take into account however the amount of guns we have and make sure everyone is armed and trained.
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 03, 2015, 09:31:46 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fada

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_War

These were really interesting because they basically outline what we're doing. Something that really struck me was how the second article compares the Libyan bases in Northern Chad to "isolated and vulnerable islands", and also says how the Libyans had "inadequate knowledge of the area". I agree with using similar tactics to those we used on the previous base for this FOB, but in the future we might look into using more siege tactics. We could make it unsafe for the Derownish to leave their bases using snipers, artillery, and booby traps. Now that we have the mobility provided by armored cars and technicals, we can get away before they can respond, and use our knowledge of the area to get to ground.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 03, 2015, 09:49:59 pm »

In future endeavors I propose finding their food stockpiles and destorying them via long range artilery or sneaky sabotage. From there surround the base with snipers and prevent food from getting in. We'll starve them out after 2 months but it'll leave us very vulnerable if they decide to overwelm us with a surprise attack from the outside.

Right now time is of the essence since they captured our guys and may know where we are right now. If we take this base and legitimize ourselves then we can gain much more support and prevent derown from just nipping us in the bud with their intel. However, after this and gaining foreign support we may want to start finding a new base of operation as well as expanding our territory some more.

Anyone know a good place to look for a secret interrogation chamber?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 04, 2015, 04:10:51 pm »

Can you guys specify what you want to assign the recruits as? I don't want to have to decide for you.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 04, 2015, 04:45:51 pm »

We will when we get them.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 04, 2015, 04:53:29 pm »

You have them, assign them to units.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 04, 2015, 05:13:12 pm »

Rifle squads, since thats what we have gear for.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 04, 2015, 06:58:25 pm »

One AT and one MG detachment, the rest riflemen.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 04, 2015, 07:07:01 pm »

One AT and one MG detachment, the rest riflemen.

+1

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 09, 2015, 10:07:23 am »

bump

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 15, 2015, 05:46:35 pm »

Separatists

The artillery shelling starts as your trojan horse gets through the checkpoint, and it misses the armory, landing outside the security fence. Instantly, soldiers begin swarming the armory, and grab guns, rushing to defend the base. The 50 or so men defending the gate fall quickly, taking 12 rebels with them, and your men quickly rush into the base, attacking the enemy. The artillery continues firing, but to little effect due to how close the fighting is. Eventually, the enemy surrenders, and you survey the damage. 131 rebels are wounded or dead, versus 191 enemy soldiers wounded or dead.

Spoiler: Battle Summary (click to show/hide)

((Not giving a status update, because I'm a little burnt out right now.))
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 15, 2015, 06:08:30 pm »

Well... Start recruiting from towns newly under our control, disperse vehicles that we currently arent using, see if Bravo has anyone who knows to use tanks and is willing to train some crews in return for half the tanks, assign the armored cars to some more mobile squads, and prep the APCs  for mechinized units.

Lets also see if we cant convert some of the trucks into SPAA, since we are getting rather close to their airfields. The other half of the trucks can be used for motorized squads or for general transportation.
Highly Opinionated Fool

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 15, 2015, 08:45:03 pm »

That was the enemy base?

Well... Start recruiting from towns newly under our control, disperse vehicles that we currently arent using, see if Bravo has anyone who knows to use tanks and is willing to train some crews in return for half the tanks, assign the armored cars to some more mobile squads, and prep the APCs  for mechinized units.

Lets also see if we cant convert some of the trucks into SPAA, since we are getting rather close to their airfields. The other half of the trucks can be used for motorized squads or for general transportation.

+1

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 15, 2015, 09:31:10 pm »

That was the enemy base?

+1
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26