Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: Separatists  (Read 27931 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Separatists
« on: December 01, 2014, 09:03:51 pm »

You lead a small band of freedom fighters, separatists, or terrorists, depending on who you ask. You live in the northern province of Kulan, in the country of Derown. Your people were assimilated by Derown, and you have decided that it's time for you to take your country back. You and your small band have gathered in this cave, with weapons, and are preparing to take on the government.

Who are you?

Name:
Appearance:
Background:
Skills: 4 Points

What is your group?

Name:
History:
Advantage: You can choose one advantage, of your own description, and I'll add it in.
Lieutenant: You have a single Lieutenant, who has two points you can assign to the skills.

What is the nation like?

You can choose traits for the nation. For every positive (for you) trait, you must choose one negative. I'll let you decide what they are.

Skills: Skills in this are...less skills, more traits. There are four groups you can invest points in: Claw, Hands, Mind, Mouth.

Claw is most types of combat actions, hands is crafting and fine motor skills, mind is strategy, brainpower, and mouth is diplomacy, persuasion.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 09:54:58 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Separatists
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 09:33:11 pm »

The Leader
Name: Alix Johanson
Appearence: 35 years old, tall, athletically built, with straight grey hair.
Background: An ex-army officer, discharged due to injury, she was forced to beg on the streets of the nation that she fought to protect. Her view of the government was jaded even further as she watched them slowly take everyone's freedoms away.
Skills: Claw(1), Mind(2), Mouth(1)

The Group
Name: Kulan Independence Army
History: (Not sure at the mo)
Advantage: Guerrilla Tactics
Lieutenant: Claw(1), Hands(1)

The Nation
+Mountainious (Other than the official highways between settlements, the land is difficult to traverse unless you are a skilled mountaineer)
+Downtrodden Populace (A large minority of the people dislike the government, and would be open to our cause)
-Command Unit (The army is built around an elite corp, who are famed for their ruthless efficiency)
-Secret Police (Anyone who speaks out against the government suddenly disappears, and is never seen again)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 09:58:00 pm by Kashyyk »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 09:44:41 pm »

Name: Iris Morgan
Appearance: Iris is tall young woman, with the typical dense and power full muscular of northern hunter.
She has violet eyes and trio ugly raised scars across her left eye.
She wears her raven black in a single long plat.

Background: Iris was born and raised on the northern ice sheets, her time was spent in the normal pursuits, hunting bears, fishing and stealing the cattle of neighboring tribes.
Skills: 4 Points
Stealth
Melee fighting
Rifles

What is your group?

Name:
History:
Advantage:

You can choose one advantage, of your own description, and I'll add it in.
Lieutenant:
Uric Wolf-Eater
Melee fighting
Trapping
You have a single Lieutenant, who has two points you can assign to the skills.

What is the nation like?

Forceing every one to convert to there new religion
The new Derown governerment has a bureaucracy widely know to be heavy corrupt, everything is for sale with the right bribes, from the job of priest to a shipment of new military arms.

How ever it cannot be said that the bureaucracy is useless, the legal system is renowned for it speed, with many cases going from arrest, to trial and on to punishment inside a week.

You can choose traits for the nation. For every positive (for you) trait, you must choose one negative. I'll let you decide what they are.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 09:55:29 pm »

((My skill system is a bit different from what you'd expect, and I forgot to put it in the OP.))
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 10:03:30 pm »

Is this multiplayer or a suggestion game?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 10:07:04 pm »

SG.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 10:09:02 pm »

The Leader
Background: An ex-army officer, discharged due to injury, she was forced to beg on the streets of the nation that she fought to protect. Her view of the government was jaded even further as she watched them slowly take everyone's freedoms away.

The Group

The Nation
+Mountainious (Other than the official highways between settlements, the land is difficult to traverse unless you are a skilled mountaineer)
+Downtrodden Populace (A large minority of the people dislike the government, and would be open to our cause)
-Command Unit (The army is built around an elite corp, who are famed for their ruthless efficiency)
-Secret Police (Anyone who speaks out against the government suddenly disappears, and is never seen again)

+1

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 10:09:40 pm »

The Leader

The Group

The Nation
+2
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 01:27:15 am »

The Leader

The Group

The Nation
+3
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 08:08:22 am »

The Leader

The Group

The Nation
+4

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 07:32:47 pm »

You're sitting in the cave, looking over your map with your lieutenant. Your small band, totaling ten men, is sitting around, waiting for orders. Each man has an assault rifle, and you also have twenty pistols, Makarovs. You and your lieutenant have been looking at a small village nearby, around 100 inhabitants. The people there are poor, and if you showed up to liberate them from Derown, the only possible resistance would come from 3 lightly armed constables.

Spoiler: Your Forces (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Opinions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kulan Constables (click to show/hide)
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 07:48:51 pm »

We can't just liberate this area and not have a plan to deal with counter attacks.
we need to make a large area that Derown forces can't enter freely, this means we have to control traffic in.
So that means mineing roads, removing bridges and cutting phone lines.
Then we can rasie larger numbers to clam large areas.

Right the first thing we need to do is send a threating letter to each of the constables, basic stuff, be loyal to your country men not the invaders or else...

Whats the near by travel links like? any roads or railways with bridges or over looking terrain?

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2014, 08:09:23 pm »

Have 2 men tailing each constable and hold each of them up at the same time at secretive spots. Take away their guns and offer them a chance to join us..or shoot them dead. Corrupt ones are specifically to be killed because no one likes a bad police officer.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2014, 09:48:44 pm »

Another two men are to provide over watch for the three pairs of followers, armed with AKs. If all goes to shit, they step in to help. The pairs are to only be armed with pistols.

Remaining two men keep covering the base.

After liberating the town we find (gently) those who have military training, and arm them to protect their town.
If the cops are clean, well, we get them to find the trained townies, arm them, and see what they can spare to help us.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2014, 10:49:26 pm »

wosting to patch
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26