Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26

Author Topic: Separatists  (Read 27941 times)

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
Re: Separatists
« Reply #330 on: April 16, 2015, 01:09:32 am »

That was the enemy base?

Well... Start recruiting from towns newly under our control, disperse vehicles that we currently arent using, see if Bravo has anyone who knows to use tanks and is willing to train some crews in return for half the tanks, assign the armored cars to some more mobile squads, and prep the APCs  for mechinized units.

Lets also see if we cant convert some of the trucks into SPAA, since we are getting rather close to their airfields. The other half of the trucks can be used for motorized squads or for general transportation.

+1
+1
+1
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 17, 2015, 06:46:16 pm »

Separatists: Status Update

Your captain gives you a status update before you take any actions.

Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other (click to show/hide)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 17, 2015, 07:50:19 pm »

Take one of our large towns, and pick a large building or preexisting hospital and convert that into our medical headquarters. Staff it with our best medics and recruit local doctors to run it.

See if one of the previous bases/outposts we've taken over has decent walls that could be repaired in short order by the PoWs as laborers. We'll hold them there with a company of men to watch over and guard them. They will be given adequate food and water, and treated fairly. If they have family in our territory they may send letters and, should their family come to the prison itself, meet them outside the walls while being watched.

Preform the necessary tasks to organize our men into companies, which should consist of 4 rifle squads of mixed quality and one of each detachment.

Inform the population of our victory and encourage enlistment.

Set these plans in motion, and leave the captain and important members of our military behind while we take 20 of our best men to this meeting.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 17, 2015, 08:11:30 pm »

I support the above, in addition:

Convert half the captured trucks into SPAA by mounting autocannons on them. See if the smuggler can provide any.

Start recruiting for areas newly under our control before recruiting from older areas

See about having the Bravo people train us two tankcrews in return for a pair of tanks.

Assign the armored cars to squads

See about creating a mechanized company of troops, who will use the APCs

Have a company's worth of troops on standby incase the meeting is an ambush.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 18, 2015, 09:13:01 am »

Convert half the captured trucks into SPAA by mounting autocannons on them. See if the smuggler can provide any.

Start recruiting for areas newly under our control before recruiting from older areas

See about having the Bravo people train us two tankcrews in return for a pair of tanks.

We should also ask our Captain to find a military hospital nearby to take over. I'm sure we can find doctors and medical supplies in abundance their. Plus it would give us more prisoners to take to a camp.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 18, 2015, 09:33:15 am »

Take one of our large towns, and pick a large building or preexisting hospital and convert that into our medical headquarters. Staff it with our best medics and recruit local doctors to run it.

See if one of the previous bases/outposts we've taken over has decent walls that could be repaired in short order by the PoWs as laborers. We'll hold them there with a company of men to watch over and guard them. They will be given adequate food and water, and treated fairly. If they have family in our territory they may send letters and, should their family come to the prison itself, meet them outside the walls while being watched.

Preform the necessary tasks to organize our men into companies, which should consist of 4 rifle squads of mixed quality and one of each detachment.

Set these plans in motion, and leave the captain and important members of our military behind while we take 20 of our best men to this meeting.

+1 to all this, and note something else:

Hold a set of grueling physical and mental games for our troops, take the top 50 and assign them them name of Black Company, our elite troops. They will receive more gear, more pay (if any), and will receive tougher training and missions.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 11:54:45 am by FallacyofUrist »
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 18, 2015, 11:53:39 am »

We pay our people.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 18, 2015, 01:17:37 pm »

See if one of the previous bases/outposts we've taken over has decent walls that could be repaired in short order by the PoWs as laborers. We'll hold them there with a company of men to watch over and guard them. They will be given adequate food and water, and treated fairly.

Set these plans in motion, and leave the captain and important members of our military behind while we take 4 of our best men to this meeting.

+1 to the above. I made two modifications. 1: The prisoners will not be allowed to communicate with the outside world. I think it's too dangerous especially because we might face attacks on the prison facility. 2: 20 men is too many to meet with an underworld contact. They were referred by the smugglers, so I think it makes sense they might be the type that would be spooked by 20 armed men showing up to a meeting.

+1.

Hold a set of grueling physical and mental games for our troops, take the top 50 and assign them them name of Black Company, our elite troops. They will receive more gear, more pay (if any), and will receive tougher training and missions.
+1, this company and our mechanized company should be one and the same. I'm not sure we should hold the games now, when a lot of our men are still wounded. I feel like we should just assign troops who've been through at least one battle and performed well in it.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 18, 2015, 01:37:51 pm »

We'll have the meeting at the militia base we convinced. The militia will be our "independant" guards and we'll be in the front of the base where they'll have our back. We'll wear our Grey uniform, body armor, and a pistol. By our side will be our second in command with the same gear.

We'll keep it hush hush as to who we speak to.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 18, 2015, 02:08:32 pm »

Separatists

You take the Poppydown town hall, a large building with multiple stories, and convert it into a military hospital. Finding doctors in the mountain areas is hard, but after a few weeks you've staffed the hospital. Your men should recover soon.

The FOB may be big enough to hold the prisoners, but it could be targeted easily by the military. For now, Black Company is guarding them, since you're a bit shorthanded.

You reorganize your men into companies, and it's a mess. You only have two full strength companies, Black Company, who you also give the tanks, and a single rifle company. The rest of your men are all in medical, getting treated.

You send out another pamphlet, talking about your great victory, and almost 500 men enlist. You find yourself swamped in recruits, and you don't have enough men to train them, even if you dropped everything you were doing.

Bravo agrees to take two tanks, and trains a squad of Bravo Company men to use the other two.

The smuggler says he can get you quad-mount AA guns for about 10 grand a piece.

Finally, you go meet the mysterious contact, together with a few of your men. The smugglers grab you and your men, blindfold you, and take you to a dark room. When the blindfold is taken off, your men aren't there. You're in a chair, sitting at a table, and across the table from you is a pale man, wearing a suit.

"Hello. I don't think we've meet. What's your name?"

Spoiler: Forces (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Territory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Finances (click to show/hide)

((The reason wages are so high is because I forgot to charge you for them last time. Sorry.))
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 18, 2015, 02:21:03 pm »

Well that's not good. Expenses>income.

"My name is Alix Johanson. And I would like to know where my men are."
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 18, 2015, 02:31:47 pm »

+1 also "who are you and why have you blind folded us?"

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 18, 2015, 09:18:14 pm »

+1 also "who are you and why have you blind folded us?"
+1

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 18, 2015, 09:32:20 pm »

"I represent an...interested foreign government, Alix. We have been watching what you are doing, and we are interested in you and your men."

"Your men are safe. They'll be returned home with you, safely. You were blindfolded for security reasons."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 18, 2015, 09:42:54 pm »

"Interested how so? I'd like to know who I'm dealing with, but we can settle that later I hope."
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26