Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: Separatists  (Read 28022 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Separatists
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2014, 11:55:40 pm »

Also, what about sending one of the less valuable but relatively trustworthy men to scout out the nearest village? (or a group)
I support this. Also should we build some more defenses? Like tunnels under the village, towers, or secret rooms/bunkers?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2014, 11:58:47 pm »

Oops.

Also as to defense... I say no.

Gm what kind of people support the Lord Kull?

Also did he force the royal family to give up their princess, via at the use of a secret military/ security forces coup?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 19, 2014, 11:59:09 pm »

Shall we cut the 20 item list into, say, 4 5 item lists?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2014, 12:01:09 am »

Hmm yeah defenses probably won't be a good idea until we have secured the peoples loyalty.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2014, 12:02:59 am »

Hmm yeah defenses probably won't be a good idea until we have secured the peoples loyalty.

Plus it could arouse suspicions. Which I personally don't care but if Lord kull really wanted to kill us he could. Our.forces are very weak.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2014, 12:17:38 am »

Plus it could arouse suspicions. Which I personally don't care but if Lord kull really wanted to kill us he could. Our.forces are very weak.
That's why I was think more about the tunnels and hidden rooms. Things that we could make hard to find.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2014, 12:27:07 am »

hard to hide their construction.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2014, 12:32:41 am »

Ah.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2014, 01:25:29 am »

Most of the citizens of the main Derown province support Kull, due to vast improvements of quality of life during his reign, and the military supports Kull, due to his background.

Kull was a general, who was rewarded with the princess's hand for his service.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 11:30:27 am by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2014, 12:12:28 pm »

After bringing the truck back to the village, you hand out the supplies from the back of the truck to the villagers, before ordering two of your men to find a place to hide it. They're very grateful, and thank you profusely. You then take on the three who volunteered to be agents, and begin to train them, along with the others, with the Makarovs. After a short training session, you've finally finished teaching all your men the basics. You also send out a small group to find a better base, while posting sentries around the area. The scouts come back with great news. They've found a large cave complex  that starts with a small, shallow cave entrance. They estimate that the complex could hold, at the very least, a hundred and fifty men, plus some vehicles, equipment, and defenses.

Finally, you send a few men to scout out the nearest village, and they return a few days later. There's many, many small villages, the size of this one or smaller, scattered up and down the mountain, but the nearest village of note is Poppydown, with a population of around 300, 350. They've got a lot more shops than this village, with an inn, blacksmith, tailor and shoemaker, and a few more. If you wanted to take over, the handful of constables in the town probably wouldn't be able to stop you, but there's a militia outpost near the village that would probably take notice. The militia are poorly trained, and about a well armed as you, but you suspect that there's only about 10 of them, and they don't have the motivation you have.

Also, you go over a bit of bookkeeping, going over the events of the last month. The first month of taxes from the village has arrived, and the soldier who was wounded by the now dead constable has made a full recovery.

A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2014, 12:27:25 pm »

Hide the truck in the cave complex, and start sending men to scout out the militia base.

Do we have the uniforms from those we captured? Im thinking send a truck packed with troops in the back and "official" drivers to the base as supplies and taking it over...
Highly Opinionated Fool

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2014, 12:30:46 pm »

Most of the citizens of the main Derown province support Kull, due to vast improvements of quality of life during his reign, and the military supports Kull, due to his background.

Kull was a general, who was rewarded with the princess's hand for his service.

Well this is going to be hard. Everyone except the minorities like him. So why is it that he is having illegitimate problems?

Okay do we have those nice dresses? They don't have to be cocktail type things but i do want something nice they can wear for a mission to Poppydown to gather information on the constables in the area. She is to do that indirectly by asking around about goods, services, crime problems, and the such. Also see if they have some Police Cheif we can convince to help us..at gun point.
We can't gun point people..just not going to end well.

Re-depoly to that small cave and buy some lanterns to hang up on the walls. We'll be taking our prisoners their to interrogate them about everything they know. Name, Rank, Chain of Command (who's in charge of what and how good they are), and any black secrets about the Derown army. If we can find mass graves and photograph them then we could possibly start gathering support more widely here in Kubal.

I have no good ideas for taking over that town without a firefight alarming the militia. Maybe we can send an agent dressed and bodyguard (who drives the truck) ride in and tell them that the secret police is going to raid the town for dissidents and that they would like them to stand down...or suffer "administrative discipline"? It might scare them and mis-information is a great way to win people over :D

Hide the truck in the cave complex, and start sending men to scout out the militia base.

Do we have the uniforms from those we captured? Im thinking send a truck packed with troops in the back and "official" drivers to the base as supplies and taking it over...

Yes, we have 2 uniforms that were taken. An 2 more if we force the soldiers to take them off.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2014, 01:19:24 pm »

Local militia troops wouldn't be Derownish, would they? They would be.... whatever we are. What if we can convert them? We could send an operative in to start palling around with the militia troops, and have them spread dissidence from within, to the point where they're on our side in all but name.

I support redeploying to the caves, if we can find lanterns, as well as scouting Poppydown.

This is just a thought, but maybe we should look into getting a printing press? Creating support for our cause will go better if we can produce propaganda.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2014, 01:22:33 pm »

Local militia troops wouldn't be Derownish, would they? They would be.... whatever we are. What if we can convert them? We could send an operative in to start palling around with the militia troops, and have them spread dissidence from within, to the point where they're on our side in all but name.

I support redeploying to the caves, if we can find lanterns, as well as scouting Poppydown.

This is just a thought, but maybe we should look into getting a printing press? Creating support for our cause will go better if we can produce propaganda.

+1

We can buy that along with the nice dress with the 4k we have (GM can decide price). Said printing press should start with small pocket books or pamphlet type things. They are much easier to pass around and once we have black government secrets we can print out amazing stories.

Since we have a strong security police in this country it'd be prudent to change the name of the newspaper every now and again.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 20, 2014, 02:04:31 pm »

+1

We can buy that along with the nice dress with the 4k we have (GM can decide price). Said printing press should start with small pocket books or pamphlet type things. They are much easier to pass around and once we have black government secrets we can print out amazing stories.

Since we have a strong security police in this country it'd be prudent to change the name of the newspaper every now and again.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26