Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 110226 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day Two Dawns
« Reply #270 on: January 02, 2015, 12:00:29 pm »

The next day dawns, and the camp awakens to find everybody still accounted for.  mastahcheese is relieved of lookout duty and given an hour to sleep while everyone packs up camp.  An hour later, orders arrive: you are to rendeavous with an armored unit and support them in their advance.

Day 2 has begun.  It will end Wendesday January 7 at 6:00 in the afternoon.  And thank you everyone for getting your action and lookout declarations in on time.

Unfortunate Accident Voting:
mastahcheese(0):
TheDarkStar(0):
Caz(0):
Deathsword(0):
Persus13(0):
Vivalas(0):
Tiruin(0):
Silthuri(0):
flabort(0):
TolyK(0):
Comrade Shamrock(0):
Deus Asmoth(0):
No Lynch(0):
Not Voting: mastahcheese, TheDarkStar, Caz, Deathsword, Persus13, Vivalas, Tiruin, Silthuri, flabort, TolyK, Comrade Shamrock, Deus Asmoth

Lookout Voting:
mastahcheese(0):
TheDarkStar(0):
Caz(0):
Deathsword(0):
Persus13(0):
Vivalas(0):
Tiruin(0):
Silthuri(0):
flabort(0):
TolyK(0):
Comrade Shamrock(0):
Deus Asmoth(0):
Not Voting: mastahcheese, TheDarkStar, Caz, Deathsword, Persus13, Vivalas, Tiruin, Silthuri, flabort, TolyK, Comrade Shamrock, Deus Asmoth

Current Lynch Target: Nobody
Current Lookout Target: Anyone

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 02, 2015, 12:35:09 pm »

mastahcheese:
Did you hide? Or did you lookout?

Silthuri:
I'll go ahead and put my vote on the Mastahcheese wagon.
Why vote mastahcheese? The others gave a reason (however slim) beyond let's vote him for lookout because someone else is. Deus may not have but at least he asked if it's what mastahcheese wanted.
Scripten: Said minor town read and doesn't want Caz on the job. (Not sure what it means since I'm unsure of Scripten's alignment)
Flabort: Said he wasn't a bad pick. Implies trust.
TDS: Said he didn't want Caz picked. Which was a possibility at the time considering in the case of a tie lookout is randomly selected between those with the highest votes.

Anyone:
Looking at the mafiasum wiki it keeps directing me to miller when I look for outsider. So does Scriptens role mean something else?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 02, 2015, 12:43:38 pm »

Anyone:
Looking at the mafiasum wiki it keeps directing me to miller when I look for outsider. So does Scriptens role mean something else?
It means that his wincon is nonstandard.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 02, 2015, 12:46:39 pm »

Anyone:
It means that his wincon is nonstandard.
Thank you my good man for such a speedy reply.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 02, 2015, 01:19:15 pm »

No kills? Interesting. Do you think there's a possibility we have a cult?

(Currently in an airport. Will post more by next Monday)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 02, 2015, 01:27:08 pm »

No kills? Interesting. Do you think there's a possibility we have a cult?

(Currently in an airport. Will post more by next Monday)

That's certainly a possibility. It could also be that the killers got jailed, blocked, or picked someone immune to nightkills.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 02, 2015, 01:28:50 pm »

Well, we could have a cult as well, but I've got a cop result that Caz is mafia, so there's definitely a scum team.

mastahchees, what did you get up to last night?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 02, 2015, 01:31:17 pm »

Well damn, I only saw one thing.

@Comrade: I kept watch last night.

Hmm. My instict tells me to out who I saw, but since the person targeted is still alive, I'm wary of outing a possible town PR.
Shit.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 02, 2015, 01:38:12 pm »

Deus:
Well, we could have a cult as well, but I've got a cop result that Caz is mafia, so there's definitely a scum team.

mastahchees, what did you get up to last night?

Since you've shared that you are a cop, what is the name of the ability? Sorry I just want to be more sure.

mastahcheese:
Since you saw only one do you think there was a low number of actions last night?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 02, 2015, 01:38:47 pm »

Vivalas for all the reasons provided D1 and the fact they absolutely vanished after people started targeting them.

Deus: What was the term used to describe the result on Caz? Was it "mafia" (as in, exactly that word) or something else?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 02, 2015, 01:42:23 pm »

Deathsword:
Vivalas for all the reasons provided D1 and the fact they absolutely vanished after people started targeting them.
It would probably be handy if you provided a link or post number to your reasoning. I remember that you did state it but I'm not fond of rooting around for it.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 02, 2015, 01:46:59 pm »

mastahcheese:
Since you saw only one do you think there was a low number of actions last night?
Possible, but since it's only a 50% chance, it's equally likely I got screwed by the dice.
I wouldn't hinge a bet on it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 02, 2015, 01:47:34 pm »

Deathsword:
It would probably be handy if you provided a link or post number to your reasoning. I remember that you did state it but I'm not fond of rooting around for it.
Very well. Spoilered because size.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've read the guides, read through some games, and I'm the type that likes to read wikis completely before actually playing the game. I learn pretty quickly, but if ya wanna yell at me for beaking the "circle of mafia" then, I would understand. Other than that, I understand the game, although I didn't expect it to be this ruthless... Gah. Its a game of psychology pretty much, so I should be good at it :P[/quote]
 You claim that, despite being new to mafia, you've completely read wikis and such about it, thus making you quite informed about the game and how it works.

I'm gonna admit that I would hide if I were lookout so, sorry. No

I can't vote either for that matter since I am still trying to figure out who to trust.

Scum aren't gonna want people to see their first action of the game of course.
First you say you won't vote since you are trying to figure out who to trust... how exactly? By doing nothing?

Do you mean the one at the beginning of the game? I think it was rather eck for Scripten to attack Perseus for attacking Mastacheese.
What is even "eck". And why is it... "eck" for Scripten to do that?

But, despite whatever the fuck "eck" is (although I am assuming it is negative, somehow), you then do this:
Comrade Shamrock

Comrade Shamrock: If you were lookout would you hide?
Why do you do an RVS post clearly past RVS phase? Especially when you have a perfectly good lead with Scripten attacking Persus?

You even admit that it's RVS!
My vote for Shamrock is purely RVS.

By asking him what he would do as lookout, I am attempting to discern his allignment by analysing his response, even though the lookout mechanic is rather vague, I feel my question is an appropriate question, which should be easy to answer.

TolyK: Your heated counterattack seems borderline OMGUS.
Why?

Your motives are questionable.
Why?

Such a heated defense would seem scummy, for a simple D1 read.
Why?
[/quote]
Vivalas: You conveniently didn't answer most of my questions. For your convenience, here they are:

I'm gonna admit that I would hide if I were lookout so, sorry. No

I can't vote either for that matter since I am still trying to figure out who to trust.

Scum aren't gonna want people to see their first action of the game of course.
First you say you won't vote since you are trying to figure out who to trust... how exactly? By doing nothing?
Do you mean the one at the beginning of the game? I think it was rather eck for Scripten to attack Perseus for attacking Mastacheese.
What is even "eck". And why is it... "eck" for Scripten to do that?
Comrade Shamrock

Comrade Shamrock: If you were lookout would you hide?
Why do you do an RVS post clearly past RVS phase? Especially when you have a perfectly good lead with Scripten attacking Persus?

And then there is... this:
@everyone If you really must know, eck in that case implied I was slightly put off by the Scripten-Perseus exchange. Not really enough to warrant a vote or further investigation, since they later cleared it up.

TolyK:
Why are you so offended about the possibility of being considered town?
Followed by a vote. Scum can buddy up to others, as Persus mentioned. If I call you town, then am I completely and utterly cleared in your eyes? Because if not, you are going against your own logic.
[/spoiler]
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 02, 2015, 01:48:23 pm »

Great. Forgot that vivalas included a spoiler in his post and that ruined my own.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 02, 2015, 01:50:43 pm »

I almost did that earlier with one of Scripten's.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57