Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 163689 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #2235 on: February 22, 2016, 08:58:51 pm »

How about you stop and think about it like this radio.

Fibroblast grants immunity from stat loss, from all sources, forever.
Brainbox grants Immunity from stat loss from dying once, needs a med roll probably, and then has to have the biogel replaced.

I think 4 tokens for the backpack system and 2 tokens to repace the biogel after each use is perfectly reasonable.

note I said after each use, not mandatory upkeep... thats just a terrible idea.

The fibroblast doesn't give immunity against all stat loss sources, unless pw is willing to have us rebalance the thing, which would be the first I hear about it (and is unprecedented, balancing an old pw made item in order to help justify something new).

Most importantly though, you shouldn't be directly appealing to me here, I'm just presenting the council decision on the matter, which doesn't necessarily line up with my own opinions or with what I voted on. I can always collect opinions and quote them in the council pm's or put a link up, but it's not like convincing me will just change the council decision. I'm a spokesperson, I'm not the whole of the council.
Fine, all physical sources of stat loss.
space magic as always is an exception.

as fir appealing directtly to you...
you're the face of the council, who else am I gonna target my complaints at.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: February 23, 2016, 05:25:10 am »

The helmet quite simply should be the price of the backpack + the price of automation. If an upkeep cost is added it should be added to both the backpack and the helmet because they are the same thing.

Here is a proposal.
Backpack: 3/4? tokens. ? tokens to refuel after each use.
Helmet: 3/4+?? tokens, ? tokens to refuel after each use.

Paying some tokens to get peace of mind against a minor problem is exactly what I was going for. If that is impossible to achieve without unbalancing the game then I will scrap the design and move on.
I'll see what the council says then.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sure, you can tell them to me so I can pass them on to the other council members, just be clear that that’s the idea then (so not “radio, have you considered x” and more “radio, has the council considered x/could you tell them y”). The distinction might seem semantical at first, but I wanna avoid the thing we had in the past where some people seemed to think they needed to argue with and convince me of whatever, up to the point where I kept explaining/defending a council decision I hadn’t voted in favor for myself, and people seemed astonished when they found out they were preaching to the choir.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2237 on: February 23, 2016, 07:07:26 pm »

Hmm... Can we make an item really powerful but have it have a mandatory upkeep cost? Because that seems like a nice way to make some money...

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: February 23, 2016, 07:22:05 pm »

if you dont mind me attempting to murder you on principle go for it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: February 23, 2016, 11:42:16 pm »

Please don't ever make anything that requires tokens for upkeep. That's horrible concept.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2240 on: February 24, 2016, 01:55:22 pm »

Please don't ever make anything that requires tokens for upkeep. That's horrible concept.
Not really. Imagine something like... Maybe something equivalent to renting an Avatar of War. It's great for the user because it makes them very powerful and it's good for the creator because they get a constant stream of money.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: February 24, 2016, 03:14:05 pm »

Then you should rent it for single mission. And then again for next one. Separately.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: February 24, 2016, 03:16:48 pm »

and it's good for the creator because they get a constant stream of money.
Hold on.
IBSM now costs 2 token per mission. For balance reasons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2243 on: February 24, 2016, 04:44:56 pm »

and it's good for the creator because they get a constant stream of money.
Hold on.
IBSM now costs 2 token per mission. For balance reasons.
Capitalism!

Make it degrade after a few years. You know. For  environmental reasons. Think of the children;

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: February 24, 2016, 06:11:24 pm »

Which is why the price is higher, too!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: February 25, 2016, 12:00:38 pm »

What does the council think of adding standardized rails to all our guns?
Approved. However, a small 'but'. Some council members thought that we should specify the kind of things that could be mounted to prevent abuse or straight up ridiculous things. However, this was removed in favor of us trusting you guys to stay within reason. Of course, any armory thing still has to be passed via the council, which should help to block problematic things, but we trust you not to unload a whole bunch of ridiculous rail add-ons and make us say no a billion times. So, a small scope, laser pointer or flashlight on top of your pistol? A small nade launcher under your assault rifle sized deathtube? Sure. But no mounting a whole laser rifle equivalent on your gauss pistol or a gauss cannon on your gauss cannon or any of that. As for 1-time things you just tinker for yourself, pw will decide what's acceptable and what not, maybe adding a penalty to a roll or veto-ing depending on circumstances. Again, in return for us not to make a whole list with rules and restrictions, we ask of you to stay reasonable.

As for the automated brainsaver helmet, the council has decided that we won't be making a new offer. The previous council proposals, for both the helmet and the backpack, still stand. Other than that though, it's take it or leave it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: February 27, 2016, 08:42:30 pm »

Aww alright :(

The backpack's going in the armoury then. Helmet isn't.

A couple minor designs.
Spoiler: light exoskeleton (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: March 02, 2016, 07:50:20 am »

A couple minor designs.

I'll bring it up. We're very close to the game's end though, you planning to make a whole bunch of designs more and get them approved after these? Not gonna say you can't, just realize it might be futile/waste of effort.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: March 03, 2016, 01:25:16 pm »

A couple minor designs.

First is ok.

For the second though, council has a remark/question first: what prevents someone from taking a -2 in str, then using this 2 token item to get around a lot of the drawbacks and all but get two levels worth of statpoints for 2 tokens?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: March 03, 2016, 02:42:23 pm »

Remember that stats don't actually determine your strength, just how good you are at using it. This suit, it might help you not roll for simple things depending on PW's whims. But if that person with -2 strength has to make a roll, they're still completely fucked. It removes some limitations of having a squishy human body, but if someone sucks at using their human strength then they'll suck at using their slightly better strength just as much. That does not even come close to buying 2 levels in a stat.

It will let them wield a slightly wider range of conventional weapons. If the council thinks that's's overpowered then I don't know what to say.
Also lets them use auxilliary programs like exaggerated movement mode, or joint locking, or toribash.

Just something that fills a couple small niches for beginner characters. I don't see how it's all that powerful. Hell, it even already exists as part of the MCP-Aero suit, which already has "Strength Augment : Equivalent to standard Robobody".

Edit:
I'll bring it up. We're very close to the game's end though, you planning to make a whole bunch of designs more and get them approved after these? Not gonna say you can't, just realize it might be futile/waste of effort.
Yep! I enjoy making things even if it turns out futile. It sy or the council wants to stop though I will.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:53:01 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 155