Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 163673 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #2220 on: February 20, 2016, 05:45:07 am »

Council thought it didn't really need a stat requirement. I mean, it's hardly more than a big fancy combat knife really, and most people can grab hold of those without cutting themselves up. Actually using it without liberating your teammate's bowels from their oppressive enclosure would benefit from having some skill in the appropriate places, of course.

I'll wait for the council's verdict on the helmet before overloading you with more designs.

What does the council think of adding standardized rails to all our guns?

I'll bring it up.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 06:29:14 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: February 20, 2016, 07:27:13 am »

Quote from: NAV link=topic=145831.msg6800120#msg6800120
Are you against the entire concept of tinker and attempting to design things or improve the armory?

Yes.

Mostly though it was just that 40% cheaper not being good enough, along with possible drawbacks related to automating a very new system.  At what point are you just creating new items and dictating their prices?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: February 20, 2016, 06:20:10 pm »

Say, any miscellaneous chores to do around Heph this time of the apocalypse? I'm gonna be here for the next foreseeable while, so if you have any random explorations or shit you want me to do say it now before I decide to butt in on the mission.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: February 20, 2016, 08:09:31 pm »

Say, any miscellaneous chores to do around Heph this time of the apocalypse? I'm gonna be here for the next foreseeable while, so if you have any random explorations or shit you want me to do say it now before I decide to butt in on the mission.
Greet the refugees? :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: February 20, 2016, 08:51:21 pm »

let the flesh monster talk t the already scared shit less people we've just kidnapped liberated...WHAT A BRILLIANT IDEAL!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: February 20, 2016, 09:50:20 pm »

Hey hey now, I'm an arm monster. Most of them are synthetic, too.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: February 20, 2016, 09:53:11 pm »

let the flesh monster talk t the already scared shit less people we've just kidnapped liberated...WHAT A BRILLIANT IDEAL!
They can't run around causing trouble if all their limbs have been confiscated! :D
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: February 20, 2016, 11:04:11 pm »

They can't run around causing trouble if all their limbs have been confiscated! :D
The image I just got in my head made me laugh way to hard. Am I a sociopath?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: February 20, 2016, 11:07:05 pm »

Statistically, yes.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: February 20, 2016, 11:17:14 pm »

there's a joke in there about liberating their arms from their bodies as we liberate them from their oppressive government...
Yo dawg, I heard you liked liberatin'
So I put some liberatin' with your liberatin'
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: February 20, 2016, 11:19:28 pm »

In space, ARM liberate you!
In Soviet Heph, Xan liberate your ARMs!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: February 22, 2016, 12:55:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Do you only have to pay the upkeep if the helmet was actually used, or every mission regardless if you died or not?

There is absolutely no logical reason for the helmet to have an upkeep cost and not the backpack. And it makes no sense for the base helmet to cost same as backpack despite automation. Things should at least work and be priced logically.

Seriously how hard is it to get a proper fair token price for this thing, without changing the way it works? Sorry for being persistent.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:10:51 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: February 22, 2016, 04:34:55 pm »

How about you stop and think about it like this radio.

Fibroblast grants immunity from stat loss, from all sources, forever.
Brainbox grants Immunity from stat loss from dying once, needs a med roll probably, and then has to have the biogel replaced.

I think 4 tokens for the backpack system and 2 tokens to repace the biogel after each use is perfectly reasonable.

note I said after each use, not mandatory upkeep... thats just a terrible idea.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: February 22, 2016, 06:46:51 pm »

Do you only have to pay the upkeep if the helmet was actually used, or every mission regardless if you died or not?
The second.

There is absolutely no logical reason for the helmet to have an upkeep cost and not the backpack. And it makes no sense for the base helmet to cost same as backpack despite automation. Things should at least work and be priced logically.

Idea was that the upkeep cost would be the 'price you pay' for it being automated, not requiring a roll or even a teammate you have to rely on. You basically pay for your continued peace of mind and security against stat loss.

Seriously how hard is it to get a proper fair token price for this thing, without changing the way it works? Sorry for being persistent.

Originally pw proposed a way where you pay a 1 time price, then you get to keep it 'for free' but it was single use. That idea seemed to get some traction in the council, but then other people pointed out they thought that was too cheap for a lot of peace of mind, and that seeing as how people rarely tempdie (and that tokens are much easier to come by than level ups) it'd almost effectively be the same as permanent peace of mind, and so the idea of an upkeep was introduced. Then pw made the proposition quoted above, the council voted between it and the previous, and the former won out by a narrow absolute vote margin.

I could always try to see if that first idea couldn't be put on the table again, but i doubt it'll work, this will be the nth time it comes up. And again, they can't all be winners.
(For the record, 'a proper fair token price' is very subjective, or we wouldn't have needed a council for pricing things in the first place.)

How about you stop and think about it like this radio.

Fibroblast grants immunity from stat loss, from all sources, forever.
Brainbox grants Immunity from stat loss from dying once, needs a med roll probably, and then has to have the biogel replaced.

I think 4 tokens for the backpack system and 2 tokens to repace the biogel after each use is perfectly reasonable.

note I said after each use, not mandatory upkeep... thats just a terrible idea.

The fibroblast doesn't give immunity against all stat loss sources, unless pw is willing to have us rebalance the thing, which would be the first I hear about it (and is unprecedented, balancing an old pw made item in order to help justify something new).

Most importantly though, you shouldn't be directly appealing to me here, I'm just presenting the council decision on the matter, which doesn't necessarily line up with my own opinions or with what I voted on. I can always collect opinions and quote them in the council pm's or put a link up, but it's not like convincing me will just change the council decision. I'm a spokesperson, I'm not the whole of the council.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: February 22, 2016, 07:25:08 pm »

The helmet quite simply should be the price of the backpack + the price of automation. If an upkeep cost is added it should be added to both the backpack and the helmet because they are the same thing.

Here is a proposal.
Backpack: 3/4? tokens. ? tokens to refuel after each use.
Helmet: 3/4+?? tokens, ? tokens to refuel after each use.

Paying some tokens to get peace of mind against a minor problem is exactly what I was going for. If that is impossible to achieve without unbalancing the game then I will scrap the design and move on.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 155