Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 163753 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #1965 on: October 28, 2015, 04:46:58 am »

http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Artifact_Data

This page, but more updated, could serve that purpose.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: October 28, 2015, 09:15:37 am »

ive wanted to make specific detailed pages for each artifact and the reverse engineered tech that comes from each but ive never had the time or determination to sift through the threads for all the relevant details.

if someone could do it for me id be greatly appreciative.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: October 28, 2015, 11:58:06 am »

Yeeaah, I intended to do that a long time ago.  One of my months-old Heph edits mentions moving stuff to the research page.  Can't really do it now, because I'm in the middle of a semester and don't really have the time. :\

A lot of more recent tech has citation links in the Heph page itself--specifically in the #CURRENT_STOCKPILES section.  Anyone trying to move the info might want to start there.  Paris' thread analyzer tool would probably also be useful, to sift out only PW's posts.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: October 28, 2015, 09:29:09 pm »

Still working on that flesh-suit idea: If we go less for flesh-horror and more for reliability, tweak the flesh to be more strong/tough and less malleable, maybe. In terms of use, I'm imagining that this might be a battlesuit-sized suit, fleshy, covered in one of our more fun armor variants (hexsand sharkplate?), able to be used like a normal suit with aux, able to be used to do cool unphysical things with exo, from simple things like magic-enhanced strength/dex/end checks, morphing bodyparts using IVAN/Xanblob tech, maybe have the ability to implant a symbiotic hive. If we implant them with all sorts of magic-warping tech, we might be able to make them do all sorts of even cooler stuff, for higher price and higher skill requirements, of course. Maybe for an Avatar-analogue.

Thoughts?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: October 28, 2015, 09:35:42 pm »

Still working on that flesh-suit idea: If we go less for flesh-horror and more for reliability, tweak the flesh to be more strong/tough and less malleable, maybe. In terms of use, I'm imagining that this might be a battlesuit-sized suit, fleshy, covered in one of our more fun armor variants (hexsand sharkplate?), able to be used like a normal suit with aux, able to be used to do cool unphysical things with exo, from simple things like magic-enhanced strength/dex/end checks, morphing bodyparts using IVAN/Xanblob tech, maybe have the ability to implant a symbiotic hive. If we implant them with all sorts of magic-warping tech, we might be able to make them do all sorts of even cooler stuff, for higher price and higher skill requirements, of course. Maybe for an Avatar-analogue.

Thoughts?
so an exo based device kinda similar to what an avatar...so an  exo based avatar, an exotar
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: October 28, 2015, 09:42:42 pm »

so an exo based device kinda similar to what an avatar...so an  exo based avatar, an exotar

Exactly. Figure it could hold conventional and unconventional weapons too, but where's the fun in that?

Could also require Med to repair in the field -- by adding more stat requirements, I can justify making it more awesome ;P

Can you think of any improvements to the concept?

I wouldn't mind making Root work on Heph a while to develop this thing, either -- if we can come up with an experimentation-driven, risky (so maybe working off-planet would be better) system of space-magic research, to make things fun for piece, anyway.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: October 28, 2015, 10:31:40 pm »

I honestly think the best thing would be to make Heph into a Suggestion Game.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: October 28, 2015, 11:48:02 pm »

I posted some ideas in the tinker thread for PW a few days ago, before he redirected new proposals to Heph. Should I wait for him to process the next batch of items, of would it be better if I just reposted here?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: October 29, 2015, 12:09:44 am »

I'd say post here for now, then post into the Heph thread after he's done with the current batch
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: October 29, 2015, 06:04:44 am »

I wonder if it's possible for Sods to control Hardlight and/or Pimpcanes since those aren't Origin tech and may not be too picky.

Also I wonder if it's be practical to have a mass of Pimpcane metal controlled by a braincase, that is linked to a second braincase that controls Hardlight. So it's a two-player gestalt unit that wields two kinds of space magic in tandem. So it can just hurl and block using hardlight wielded by pimpcane.

Autopimp units could be useful as well if they're possible. Just have a mass of pimpmetal set to move forwards and use it as propulsion.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 06:12:10 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: October 29, 2015, 11:39:25 am »

I posted some ideas in the tinker thread for PW a few days ago, before he redirected new proposals to Heph. Should I wait for him to process the next batch of items, of would it be better if I just reposted here?
Well, I can suggest posting the ideas here, if only just to claim chronological superiority of your designs (should the matter arise), and maybe discussing them with us to refine and polish the designs themselves. They'll still have to be posted in Tinker thread for Piecewise's review, from what I gather.

Okay, I just got news that my crystalline tech idea was pwned (not the body upgrade, hopefully), so it's time to revisit the concept with your help and comments!

Quote from: piecewise
Quote from: Nikitian
Piecewise, what does crystalline tech do? How are the crystals psychic, what can they do, and how does being infused with them affect the person in question?
They're mildly psychic in that they can determine intent.

And it would basically transform their body into a controllable crystalline form.

So: They can sense intent, i.e. will - just the recipe for a weapon controlled by Mind/Exo rolls. But what can they do upon that intent? I assume that the only way the crystals can act upon intent is, well, grow - and, maaaybe, move (seriously, how does the Crystalline Projector launch these things, and how did the 'crystalline tumor' in M6 explode?..).
Thus, the following designs have come to me:

1. Exo grenades. Basically a magazine for Crystalline Projector that can be 'primed' with mind and explode outwards. Usefulness depends on the range of 'intent-sense'.
2. Exo spikes/blades (melee weapon). Depending on whether it can 'ungrow' ('wither'? 'rewind'? 'collapse'?) this can be either a one-use-only weapon (albeit very cheap) or multi-use (but more expensive, probably). Just think of those juicy battlesuits' vulnerable joints that the crystals grow through to reach and impale the squishy pilot sitting inside. ;)
3. Crystalline ammo. Same as one-use spikes above, only delivered by a Con weapon (Gauss rifle? Crystalline Projector itself?) and can grow into the target (intelligently, controlled by the user) after the round has reached it. Maybe as a payload for Sibilus shots or something (the armor is cracked by initial shot, then the crystal grows into the cracks, widens them and destroys the whole armor layer).
4. Sandbag alternative? So you take around a clip of Crystalline Projector, and, when needed, can form it into what you wish. At least makes more sense for not being to move when 'spent' (unlike the xenosand).
5. Exo battlesuit/robobody, YASDesign! Probably better if infused with sharkmist (Milno-style) for greater resilience and control and features.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: October 29, 2015, 01:00:17 pm »

From the tinker thread:

Exo:
Pimp Dagger
A Monoatomic Razor with small deposits of pimpcane metal (not sure what it's actually called) in the handle. Because flying daggers with invisible blades are a safe idea.

Lenocane
A granular substance composed of pimp metal molecules bonded to calcium. If ingested or injected into the bloodstream, it naturally deposits itself in the bones. Exo users could either do this to themselves, in order to gain psychic control over their own limbs, or to enemies, essentially converting them into meat puppets. For the latter to be feasible, we'd need either syringe guns or hypodermic spears to forcibly deliver the Lenocane.

Uncon:
Radial Monosaw
A messy polearm weapon. It has Five monoatomic razors distributed evenly around a central wheel, each turned at an angle. An axle through the wheel connects it back to its long handle. When the wielder squeezes a button on the handle, internal motors rotate the wheel at a high velocity, allowing him/her to mow down anyone and everyone standing in their path.

Chain Monosaw ("The Gusonator")
A bulkier, close-quarters Monosaw variant. Rather than using full-length razors, the Gusonator has a multitude of tiny (we're talking a few centimeters long) monoatomic blades attatched at a sharp angle to a rotating chain. In appearance, it's essentially a bulky sword-chainsaw hybrid with invisible teeth.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: October 29, 2015, 06:06:51 pm »

5. Exo battlesuit/robobody, YASDesign!

Aw man, is that a dig at my flesh-suit idea? Dang :p

Also dang, had my mind-controlled crystals idea ninja'd by a few hours :p It's okay, you can have it, you're doing better things with it anyway ^^

Edit: Think we might be able to recreate the god-computer in its entirety, controlled by Steve? To be used in case of extreme need?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 09:52:24 pm by Moopli »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: October 29, 2015, 09:53:26 pm »

uncon- do we  have anything that fires needles that heat up as they are thrown to the point that when they impact the target they burn and boil the surrounding flesh away?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #1979 on: October 29, 2015, 09:56:17 pm »

You could probably do it with the matter saver, if you had a bunch of cartridges.  You could also do it with manipulators, but using them like that is not sustainable anymore.

But nothing that directly does that.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 10:12:20 pm by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 155