Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 163699 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #1995 on: October 30, 2015, 01:50:50 pm »

Ah, right.

The Modified Gauss Rifle Magazine is approved for Armory inclusion as an option for the Gauss Rifle. (It's free, and it goes to the Gauss Rifle's own page, like the Rapid-Fire Gauss Rifle.)

The Braincase Escape System is approved for Armory inclusion.
(You might or might not want to keep it on the same page as the Mobility System, since they have tied prices and are of similar purpose.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: October 30, 2015, 04:37:42 pm »

AUX idea:
Jetbike upgraded with some of our new armour so it doesn't explode along with a crystalline piloting computer/controls so that the bike can more rapidly react to your commands by predicting what you are likely about to do. Possibly use hardlight to generate lifting surfaces / cockpit / additional armour. Possibly have a single use auto-manip of some variety that flings it into/toward space as a "screw this" button.

I think that we can already do this better with a MMI (and possibly radio or something like that). Crystals might work better if the radio is jammed, though.
But I really like the "screw this" button. Even though it's of very narrow use, just the ability to skip the surface of a planet in case of imminent danger might be worth it, I guess.

The Idea with the crystals is that as they sense intent they can more accurately guess what you want to do next and improve performance that way. Also the "screw this" button idea came to mind after this mission where without the freighter we would have been toast. Another thing I was thinking of is to have weapon mounts and possibly a second seat gunner position with some sort of small emplaced weapon. The idea of the upgrade is to make the jetbike (which is terrible) into something useful.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: October 30, 2015, 05:52:13 pm »

Do you think we can give blaster weapons a serious nerf while we're changing up the armoury? They are massively overpowered and underpriced. I really have no idea how they got past the council...oh wait
What you're insinuating there is rather baseless. I tinkered it with pw in irc, posted all the logs in the thread. Then did an armory-write-up, posted it in the thread, worked out some things with feedback from people and fine-tuned balance some more. Rewrote armory description, got ok'd by pw. Copy-pasted write-up into pm for council, asked them to take a look at it, they didn't find a problem with it. And no, they don't just give an easy pass to things from fellow council people, whenever anyone says anything someone doesn't agree with they'll raise their voice. Or why you think some council decisions take so long?

So yeah, it was all done very above-board, so while you certainly have the right to think they're OP (which is hard to say since they've hardly been used on missions yet), I don't think it's fair to say anything sketchy happened.

@ nik: still waiting for response on armory stuff.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: October 30, 2015, 06:01:39 pm »

@RC Eh, which stuff, could you remind me? I must have missed it.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: October 30, 2015, 06:44:21 pm »

@RC Eh, which stuff, could you remind me? I must have missed it.
Hmm, déjà vu.
And just as one leaves, another returns.

By the way syv, I asked pw about what to do with Hep on ship a little while ago, could check that if you haven't already.

Oh, and nik, have you taken a look at the various armory stuff I've been making for lately? There's several things in there.

Eh, could you link/repost summaries (or at least, final tinkering posts)? And have the prices been confirmed (either by Piecewise or the Council)?

I seem to recall the electro-grenades, which were handy, and reasonably priced (for the most of their designing time), but I don't remember how expensive/good they ended up.

(I also recall the shark-limb-vats from before; I think I've still been mulling over them, haven't I? Consider those approved for Armory inclusion as well, in that case. We need more stuff to fill in the "Med" section, and I'm sorry for taking so much time. )

There is also the artillery shuttle (though there pw still needs to answer my question about armoring it, but the rest has been ok). Council also seemed ok with my coupon pricing scheme, though I should probably also run by the general ooc and see what people think.

There was also the extended sensor package (needs write up). And booby trap kit (has a write-up). And blaster pistol upgrade (pending response from pw).
Blaster pistol upgrade was approved by pw, by the way, see tinker post before pw asked for the new stuff. Armor for shuttle: we'll just go with the standard option, not the forcefield (too expensive). Think i might drop the sensor package, at least for now.

Some data, in case you don't wanna search yourself:
Spoiler: electronade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: trap kit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: gunship (click to show/hide)

Should probably wait with sensor package for write-up. Gonna run voucher system by the peeps here though, see what they think.

so, thoughts people? Should some things go down, or up, or be removed?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: October 30, 2015, 08:09:00 pm »

Just a thought for more missile flavors: Grav-shot, kinamp, redshot, blackshot, and melter. Yup. Straight up copying gauss rifle rounds. Might as well give as many options as possible.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: October 30, 2015, 08:31:54 pm »

i reject the gunship idea in its entirety.

why would i want to pay 11 tokens for a nuke drop when i can just call the sword for a kinetic strike of far greater magnitude for free?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: October 30, 2015, 08:33:56 pm »

i reject the gunship idea in its entirety.

why would i want to pay 11 tokens for a nuke drop when i can just call the sword for a kinetic strike of far greater magnitude for free?
Because PW would probably veto that on the grounds of making stuff far too easy?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: October 30, 2015, 08:34:04 pm »

Isn't the sword unable to do kinetic strikes right now?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: October 30, 2015, 08:40:00 pm »

"We have a gunship ready to provide air-support, but first we need to charge the soldiers on the ground out of their paycheck."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: October 30, 2015, 08:42:19 pm »

"We have a gunship ready to provide air-support, but first we need to charge the soldiers on the ground out of their paycheck."
Obviously the weapons are literally powered by capitalism!
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: October 30, 2015, 08:46:41 pm »

Would be much smarter to just have one for free on every mission where it's practical and give the one in charge of the mission authority to call airstrikes.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: October 30, 2015, 08:53:57 pm »

Well, remember that tokens aren't money, they represent Steve's trust in you.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: October 30, 2015, 09:01:58 pm »

Maybe lower the cost of calling it in to 2-3 tokens? And if you call it in you can use up to a 2 voucher laser sweep without using any more vouchers?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: October 30, 2015, 09:54:09 pm »

Well, remember that tokens aren't money, they represent Steve's trust in you.
Trust isn't expendable.
Really the whole token system doesn't make any sense. But this makes no sense in a way that will make no one use it.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 155