Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 163779 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #1815 on: August 31, 2015, 11:30:39 am »

I figure invented would have to involve an action.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: August 31, 2015, 12:06:48 pm »

Ah, yeah, maybe 'invented' is a bit too strong word here. How about 'discovered', or 'researched'?

Anyway. STAR-EATER TECH!  :o

(I mean, even with manipulators, actions on that scale are next to impossible. A Ghostship could cleave asunder a planet with the force of its amp attacks, were it not aiming for 'splash' rather than 'penetration', per the memories, but I seriously doubt even it could freeze a sun. And that's a freaking Ghostship for you.)

I can foresee a gradual change in naming pattern of ships and stuff in ARM after this discovery. Forget Greek mythology, Lovecraftian for the win!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 12:09:28 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1817 on: August 31, 2015, 12:22:57 pm »

Wonder how fast a world can go quiet to avoid freezing to death.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: August 31, 2015, 01:08:54 pm »

Current trend of discoveries seems to be related to lack of heat. Or excess of heat.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: August 31, 2015, 01:12:54 pm »

I bet you could use the space magic eating pollen as a sort of mine around jump points. Maybe give them some sort of drive and sensor and anything that tries to deviate from a flight path gets a face full of them.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: September 01, 2015, 10:51:27 am »

3.By the time they can get a fleet together to try and get over to hephaestus they're gonna have problems on a dozen planets. And simus is gonna have a lot of freaking lasers and automated ships and linear accelerators on the moons and shit bro. This place is gonna make Earth-3 look like a fucking cardboard box protected by a starving Ethiopian with a potato gun filled with marshmallows!

Where are our promised linear accelerators on moons and shit bro? It should be about time to start building them.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: September 01, 2015, 11:25:22 am »

3.By the time they can get a fleet together to try and get over to hephaestus they're gonna have problems on a dozen planets. And simus is gonna have a lot of freaking lasers and automated ships and linear accelerators on the moons and shit bro. This place is gonna make Earth-3 look like a fucking cardboard box protected by a starving Ethiopian with a potato gun filled with marshmallows!

Where are our promised linear accelerators on moons and shit bro? It should be about time to start building them.

We have the laser/lens network and jump point defenses, as well as the Hammer cannon. And a ring of ftl defenses and sensors at systems further away from Hep. Wanna build a second hammer cannon sometime soon. Should have some ships by now as well. Still not enough of course.

More than half of Hep personnel being braindead isn't helping though.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1822 on: September 01, 2015, 11:42:55 am »

We may have people coming for a mission soon. You can always draft some of the new guys until the end of the mission cycle. And by draft I mean accept volunteers. Better than sitting on the sword not getting paid.

Edit: IC, you can say it is a temporary draft to replace personnel lost during the incident until the next transport from a friendly world arrives.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 11:44:55 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: September 01, 2015, 12:40:30 pm »

We may have people coming for a mission soon. You can always draft some of the new guys until the end of the mission cycle. And by draft I mean accept volunteers. Better than sitting on the sword not getting paid.

Edit: IC, you can say it is a temporary draft to replace personnel lost during the incident until the next transport from a friendly world arrives.

Normally Nik wanted to go over recruitment drive though. Maybe it'd be best to wait till end of this mission batch and then do an interest check.

Thing is also, we don't need people on Hep if they'll just pursue 'pet projects', we need artifact testers and administrators and such more. I mean, setting up a sensor net around the Hep jump point systems isn't glamorous, but something basic that needed to be done sooner rather than later, yet it took a long time before I just decided to do it myself. And Nik said he doesn't like the idea of paying people for Hep work, so yeah.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1824 on: September 01, 2015, 12:48:32 pm »

But they wouldn't be doing Heph work. They'll be on a Heph mission with emergency executive powers granted by the big green man himself.[/legal_excuse]
Basically an IC excuse to allow that to happen. Not really suggesting you do that without Nik's permission.
And there's always ways to ensure people won't get some sort of booze automanipulator and spend the entirety of their stay drunk. Or at least minimise the chances of that happening, you can never eliminate such things completely.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: September 01, 2015, 12:56:25 pm »

I wouldn't mind going to Heph and help setting things up and running experiments/projects. Though I would like some sort of compensation for it. Hell, give me a free(ish) piece of gear and I'd be happy
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: September 01, 2015, 01:44:32 pm »

Is the Q'Baja Hammer ready/being built?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: September 01, 2015, 01:55:20 pm »

RC: Don't misquote me. I didn't say that I was against compensation; I am all for fair and equal rights to compensation for their Hep work!  :P

Specifically, now that renegade suggested it, how about this:
In line with no actual tokens and Hephaestus being the Forge World of ARM, a person who works there can claim an item of standard equipment from the Hephaestus Armory. (Standard because duh, there shouldn't be anything non-standard out there, at least as far as non-zero-token equipment is concerned.) The price limit for that item is set by the fair committee of all active Hephaestus Administrators and members of Board of Generals, based on the amount of public contributions made by that person. (People don't get awarded for personal tinker projects, but only for those of national interest of ARM.) Any person who provides a significant enough contribution to Hephaestus and ARM is subject to this law; general restrictions pertaining to that person still apply, though. (So, even an Administrator or Leo could acquire an item from the Armory, but Xan would still be denied "space magic"-class items (until the order is rescinded) and Leo wouldn't be able to acquire weapons, for example. This is a general implementation of the policy you worked out with him, actually.)

(Also, sorry for not dealing with all the stuff as promised yet. I'll look into it soon.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1828 on: September 01, 2015, 01:58:39 pm »

Do a test to see if having more people around it increases their growth. Do the same, but this time for sods instead of regular people. Send one to deep space and see what it does. Does being close to another planetary body affect it?

What are its other physical properties (hardness and such)? Is there a minimal effective size? Can you chop them up, and are they still active then?
Maybe it's Cthulu's testicle-in-a-box you have there for the SM factory that's making it crazy. Or some sort of residual magical radiation from the Gratesplosion.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: September 01, 2015, 02:35:59 pm »

Is the Q'Baja Hammer ready/being built?

Yes, I took care of that. Also gave them FTL jump point defenses.

@nik: wouldn't it be much easier though to just offer a certain amount of tokens for certain jobs done? Much less hassle, just 'do X and get Y tokens for it'.

Maybe it's Cthulu's testicle-in-a-box you have there for the SM factory that's making it crazy. Or some sort of residual magical radiation from the Gratesplosion.

That's why I'm sending it to deep space, to, to see what happens. We'll want to be careful with mixing unknown spess magics though.

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 155