Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485660 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #255 on: February 03, 2014, 10:54:44 pm »

Everyone sorta lays into the Tyranids once they pick up speed. Eldar get all violent, Dark Eldar are attacking (no more life, no more souls, they go 'shieeeet' and attack the nids), Ghazghkull leads a lot of Orks into Waaagh, the Necron start waking up, the Tau mobilise, surviving Space Marines fight to the bitter end. Only race not directly gunning for the Tyranid is Chaos, which is still doing damage.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #256 on: February 03, 2014, 10:55:34 pm »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 03, 2014, 10:57:24 pm »

I'd prefer an orbital fighter to a fancy helicopter.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 03, 2014, 11:03:59 pm »

Everyone sorta lays into the Tyranids once they pick up speed. Eldar get all violent, Dark Eldar are attacking (no more life, no more souls, they go 'shieeeet' and attack the nids), Ghazghkull leads a lot of Orks into Waaagh, the Necron start waking up, the Tau mobilise, surviving Space Marines fight to the bitter end. Only race not directly gunning for the Tyranid is Chaos, which is still doing damage.
Wow. Seems a bit...hacky.

THE FUTURE!
Neat.
Incidentally, here. Sorry Amazon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 03, 2014, 11:09:47 pm »

I'd prefer hacky to the Tyranids killing everything and then depart to the next galaxy, leading the Necron to either sleep forever or wake up and take over.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 03, 2014, 11:16:10 pm »

True.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #261 on: February 03, 2014, 11:22:53 pm »

To be completely honest the 1000 ru limit is mostly to keep things at a manageable size. Frankly, if we went all out and you were all piloting avatars or battlesuits, I would have to ratchet up the difficulty to the point that not many of you will survive.  It's thematic more then anything. Whatcha gonna do.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 03, 2014, 11:25:29 pm »

((Is it just me or has ER taken the turn from Hero-group dungeon crawler to massive sprawling RTS? Because that is Awesome.))

I guess I'm the only person who preferred the dungeon crawler/seeing what interesting new world/alien PW was going to throw at us next over this rebellion angle. :\ Or to put it another way, ER used to be like Star Trek. Now it's like Star Wars.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 03, 2014, 11:30:04 pm »

Won't the difficulty be insane once the UWM realizes we're a proper rebellion and sends larger, better equipped and more powerful fleets to take us out and reclaim Hephaestus, simultaneously?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 03, 2014, 11:34:59 pm »

Won't the difficulty be insane once the UWM realizes we're a proper rebellion and sends larger, better equipped and more powerful fleets to take us out and reclaim Hephaestus, simultaneously?
By then, we'll be gone, ARM having beefed up the defenses enough to take it and/or we really need to invade elsewhere.

I think.
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #265 on: February 03, 2014, 11:38:52 pm »

((Is it just me or has ER taken the turn from Hero-group dungeon crawler to massive sprawling RTS? Because that is Awesome.))

I guess I'm the only person who preferred the dungeon crawler/seeing what interesting new world/alien PW was going to throw at us next over this rebellion angle. :\ Or to put it another way, ER used to be like Star Trek. Now it's like Star Wars.

Ah don't worry about it SC.  The general mission structure of "Go to planet, mess about, find artifacts, murder dudes." isn't gonna change all that much. There's gonna be more of a variety, and your actions will actually be going toward a purpose you can get behind and directly see, but I still want to do lots of alien exploration and such.

After all, ARM still needs a way to gain a tech edge over UWM right?

Actually, if you want, I could give you a hint about the coming missions. There's one I've been kinda wanting to do for a while now.

1.We're not staying on Hephaestus.
2. I want you to imagine steve handing over the deed to Hephaestus to simus and then yelling "NO TAKE BACKIES" as we blast off and the UWM Death fleets roll in. Thats not whats gonna happen, but damn if It wouldn't be funny.
3.By the time they can get a fleet together to try and get over to hephaestus they're gonna have problems on a dozen planets. And simus is gonna have a lot of freaking lasers and automated ships and linear accelerators on the moons and shit bro. This place is gonna make Earth-3 look like a fucking cardboard box protected by a starving Ethiopian with a potato gun filled with marshmallows!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 03, 2014, 11:40:15 pm »

((I thought that was for when May asks for random 2000s pistols.))

I first interpreted this as Toaster thinking May will eventually use up all the RU to buy 2000 pistols, which confused me greatly.

And it's a 90's pistol, thank you.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 03, 2014, 11:41:25 pm »

My bad!  She'd need a few more arms for that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 04, 2014, 12:02:18 am »

Actually, if you want, I could give you a hint about the coming missions. There's one I've been kinda wanting to do for a while now.
Gush about your best ideas. It helps you form them, and might give us hints that turn out to be disastrously wrong when we act on them.

This place is gonna make Earth-3 look like a fucking cardboard box protected by a starving Ethiopian with a potato gun filled with marshmallows!
Wait, "Earth-3"? Did they blow up the first two or are they naming systems after major planets and not stars?
And for the same reason you want smurf to imagine Steve handing over the deed to Simus, I insist on the first version.
Sig

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 04, 2014, 12:15:13 am »

I thought we had an advantage over UWM because:
1. We do lots of genetic modification, which UWM is way against.
2. We do big synthflesh things, which... I think UWM doesn't like?

So how large would a synthflesh organism need to be in order to be fully sentient?

Also, If we get our own sub-board, I'm wanting TINKER THREAD.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 2205