Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 155

Author Topic: Hephaestus OOC  (Read 164022 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus OOC
« Reply #1380 on: June 21, 2015, 08:21:43 am »

Says a 5 kiloton explosion has a 20psi blast radius of 0,78 km, and a fireball radius of 150m. Yeah. Yeaaaah.

Good thing that kiloton-level nuclear devices are rare and expensive, and not handed out to former convicts of dubious reliability if they say "Please" and wave a handful of plastic at the AM.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: June 22, 2015, 12:50:19 am »

Hi. I'm pretty new to ER, as some of you know. My character is alive on the ship, and has been facepalmed and thrown at another character, with some success!

I intend him to be primarily a support character, and wondered about working on some modified items for support crew on missions. I have little knowledge of the game universe - I kinda want to explore as I go, but wold my character know how to contact the Hephaestus people? Would he even likely get a hearing?

A couple things I am interested in are suits designed for medics and mechanics, and perhaps something like a grav sled or something for transporting spare parts. I think I had a couple other ideas too, but I would kinda like my character to be involved in broaching the topic o the suits and some other things if those aren't already a thing.

Please forgive any clumsiness in this post :P

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: June 22, 2015, 01:27:41 am »

If you want to help with medical stuff, you're welcome to bounce ideas off of me and RC for the AMMT(armored mobile medical transport). Right now I'm trying to sort out what equipment we can reasonably take, and other input is welcome.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: June 22, 2015, 01:29:59 am »

what's an armored mobile medical transport? Like an APC?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: June 22, 2015, 01:36:30 am »

Sorta yeah(though currently it needs the cargo capacity of a full sized panel van for all the stuff). Basically a field medical transport for stirching up and reviving troopers
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: June 22, 2015, 02:23:48 am »

Okay, so I googled panel van. Looks much smaller than an armored personnel carrier, or even an ambulance (oh, some of them look to be as big as an ambulance ,and looks like APC is a catchall term for armored vehicles - I was thinking of the large 20 seaters and whatnot, not 6 seat jeeps). What's the issue? Where would I find the list of items currently considered for taking?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: June 22, 2015, 12:51:04 pm »

Okay, so I googled panel van. Looks much smaller than an armored personnel carrier, or even an ambulance (oh, some of them look to be as big as an ambulance ,and looks like APC is a catchall term for armored vehicles - I was thinking of the large 20 seaters and whatnot, not 6 seat jeeps). What's the issue? Where would I find the list of items currently considered for taking?

..excuse me, I meant white panel delivery truck. A bit of a difference there  :P

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: June 22, 2015, 12:57:00 pm »

..excuse me, I meant white panel delivery truck. A bit of a difference there  :P
is it a white beat up truck?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: June 22, 2015, 01:31:29 pm »

not a pick-up, spazyak. More like a commercial delivery vehicle, (a box truck, but not an eighteen wheeler)

Yeah, those are on the larger side. Essentially, you would require a dedicated shuttle for medical. That seems unlikely, given the small team sizes for missions. Now, if it were two to four teams of twenty persons, maybe.

I'd like a list of medical equipment you're thinking of installing and see if I can help prioritize for different size vehicles a little. Honestly, I just don't know what we have in terms of medical. I've read something about a nanobot infusion, (Did I read that Mesk had bugs inside him? Someone else mentioned a Hive, too) some kind of hole plugging gel, stasis bags, and ... that's about it that I can remember off the top of my head.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1389 on: June 22, 2015, 01:45:29 pm »

Irrelevant idea: The teleporter gun works by some sort of reasonance or harmonics or some sort of vibration like that which is why it can't handle complex or organic stuff.
But its range is limited because it requires exponentially more energy the greater the distance you want to teleport something and the greater the size of the thing you want to teleport.
Then we have a material that is really good at vibration.
Combining the two might up the range, make telefragging more viable, maybe even make it long range enough to be used on fighter ships or missiles.
Or it might amplify the effect, allowing you to teleport larger things.
Or it might cause it to explode. Or it might cause a blastwave of teleporting particles to appear around the user.
Whatever happens there's a chance it'll be fun.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: June 22, 2015, 01:46:30 pm »

not a pick-up, spazyak. More like a commercial delivery vehicle, (a box truck, but not an eighteen wheeler)

Yeah, those are on the larger side. Essentially, you would require a dedicated shuttle for medical. That seems unlikely, given the small team sizes for missions. Now, if it were two to four teams of twenty persons, maybe.

I'd like a list of medical equipment you're thinking of installing and see if I can help prioritize for different size vehicles a little. Honestly, I just don't know what we have in terms of medical. I've read something about a nanobot infusion, (Did I read that Mesk had bugs inside him? Someone else mentioned a Hive, too) some kind of hole plugging gel, stasis bags, and ... that's about it that I can remember off the top of my head.
ahhh...cool. So we could make it a ups truck.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: June 22, 2015, 01:56:11 pm »

Irrelevant idea: The teleporter gun works by some sort of reasonance or harmonics or some sort of vibration like that which is why it can't handle complex or organic stuff.
But its range is limited because it requires exponentially more energy the greater the distance you want to teleport something and the greater the size of the thing you want to teleport.
Combining the two might up the range, make telefragging more viable, maybe even make it long range enough to be used on fighter ships or missiles.
Or it might cause it to explode. Or it might cause a blastwave of teleporting particles to appear around the user.
I like that! I'll add it to the list of "stuff to experiment with".
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: June 22, 2015, 02:07:00 pm »

I like that! I'll add it to the list of "stuff to experiment with".
can I work on that/test it. I like the sound of it.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: June 22, 2015, 02:15:13 pm »

My character is brand new. Is there an IC reason he would be communicating with Hephaestus? I kinda doubt he even knows it exists, yet. Hasn't even seen the armory / Ship R&D yet.

I'll still post thoughts here, either way.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: June 22, 2015, 02:31:20 pm »

Well, at the very least, you'll probably learn of its existence when the new missions come as a shipment from Hephaestus will arrive (hopefully containing delicious prototypes).

And sure, any useful thoughts are welcome here!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 155