Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: (TSG) Reclaim a Wizard's Tower!  (Read 23167 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: (TSG) Reclaim a Wizard's Tower!
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2014, 05:08:31 am »

Another vote for the Canyon for the settlement. We should also probably find ourselves some corpses. The local garrison must keep the dead of the enemy somewhere.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2014, 05:35:22 am »

Option One: Don't Piss Anyone Off
We settle at Site A in order to please Archer. We retain the Osmosis Chamber to please Jorgen. Rivialia is put in charge of establishing a silk industry (our trio of Ego Magic Apprentices will transfer our weaving talents into some humans) while we, Archer and this very skillful orcish apprentice put together a wall raising spell. Jorgen goes on a good will mission into town. Ideally, we avoid showing favouritism to any apprentice in particular.
+1. Option Four sounds nice but we'd probably have to invest a lot of time and resources and we might not get it up before the imperials arrive.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2014, 06:43:25 am »

Split between Cash Money (because cash money) and Overnight City (because fungal tower is awesome).
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2014, 06:43:57 am »

Option One: Don't Piss Anyone Off
We settle at Site A in order to please Archer. We retain the Osmosis Chamber to please Jorgen. Rivialia is put in charge of establishing a silk industry (our trio of Ego Magic Apprentices will transfer our weaving talents into some humans) while we, Archer and this very skillful orcish apprentice put together a wall raising spell. Jorgen goes on a good will mission into town. Ideally, we avoid showing favouritism to any apprentice in particular.
+1. Option Four sounds nice but we'd probably have to invest a lot of time and resources and we might not get it up before the imperials arrive.
+1
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2014, 07:24:28 am »

I say we keep the enchanted dwarven equipment. Osmosis chambers are cheatsy, and digging equipment is replacable, (we have an enchanter).

"Your osmosis chambers could be a massive boon indeed, but they would serve a true wizard very little."

"And your digging and construction tools are very fine I am sure, but they could be replaced in time, while the lives that could be saved by them in battle could not."

Take Rivialia off to the side and say:

"Your tools however. Serve a great purpose, and if I allow you to keep them, you will have to work EVEN harder than the other two, to make up for any imagined slight against your fellow journeymen, I refuse to have infighting in my tower.  Do you accept? Otherwise, it all goes to the troops, to preserve discipline among potentially jealous apprentices"
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2014, 09:24:30 am »

I say we keep the enchanted dwarven equipment. Osmosis chambers are cheatsy, and digging equipment is replacable, (we have an enchanter).

"Your osmosis chambers could be a massive boon indeed, but they would serve a true wizard very little."

"And your digging and construction tools are very fine I am sure, but they could be replaced in time, while the lives that could be saved by them in battle could not."

"Your tools however. Serve a great purpose, and if I allow you to keep them, you will have to work EVEN harder than the other two, to make up for any imagined slight against your fellow journeymen, I refuse to have infighting in my tower.  Do you accept? Otherwise, it all goes to the troops, to preserve discipline among potentially jealous apprentices"

+1 and the rest of Don't piss anyone off. Also the least dangerous part of Giant Chitinous Bird Flipping

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2014, 02:00:31 pm »

Lets do cash money and Fungal tower then!

1. We'll keep the enchanted work stations and tools. We'll live in the Canyon where agriculture is very possible. We'll have the Orc dude erect a good solid wall somewhat inside the cave (with bodyguards and apprentice mages of course). Once that wall inside the cave is finished we can work on collapsing the real opening in such a way that nothing will ever get out. We'll station some guards to watch the cave of course but the issue will die there and then.

2. The Dwarf could enchant just about everything, starting with the farming equipment which we can later use to raise abundant food. When we can feed our people and have a good surplus then we'll start sending a caravan over to the human city to start bribing the less well off with promises of a better living. We can also make small contact with the Assassins guild and see how they work. Maybe we can have them steal back our confiscated equipment. After all, these assassins are still under an archmage who is probally disliked EVEN more then we are.

3. Later we can also have a HUGE fortress set up in order to protect our settlement. What's stopping us from having both? It'll be harder to get that tower up but with some work and enough time we can do it.

By the way GM: Can there only be one Overmage?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 02:08:44 pm by 3man75 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2014, 02:26:02 pm »

I'm pretty sure that's what the title implies.

Though I will restate that we should find out if the enchanting equipment is capable of replicating the other equipment before deciding on an action, but if we are doing that, then I'll toss my vote onto this suggestion:

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2014, 02:28:06 pm »

With all of the extra food and machines we can make and enchant, couldn't we sell some to the dwarves for some pickaxes and shovels? Hell maybe we can crack a deal with them to pay some of there engineer bro's to swing on by and help us architect a tower or help just build the settlement.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2014, 04:14:54 pm »

+1 and the rest of Don't piss anyone off. Also the least dangerous part of Giant Chitinous Bird Flipping
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2014, 06:09:47 pm »

Problems with Shadestyle's speech:
-We insult Jorgen. "You know that thing you wanted to bring? A true wizard wouldn't need it. Scrub."
-We don't actually give Jorgen anything he wants.
-We lose a lot of face if we say Rivialia can replace Archer's tools and it turns out that she can't.
-We show favouritism to Rivialia by speaking with her privately after addressing the other two publicly.
-We call our journeymen apprentices. Seriously. That's insulting.

I'm going to personally vote for Cash Money but without using that speech.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2014, 06:16:33 pm »

Problems with Shadestyle's speech:
-We insult Jorgen. "You know that thing you wanted to bring? A true wizard wouldn't need it. Scrub."
-We don't actually give Jorgen anything he wants.
-We lose a lot of face if we say Rivialia can replace Archer's tools and it turns out that she can't.
-We show favouritism to Rivialia by speaking with her privately after addressing the other two publicly.
-We call our journeymen apprentices. Seriously. That's insulting.

I'm going to personally vote for Cash Money but without using that speech.

"Your osmosis chambers could be a massive boon indeed, but with only a meager few of us, it's use will be lessened. An army of soldiers could find good use in them."

"Your tools however. Could serve a great purpose, and if I allow you to keep them, you will have to work EVEN harder than the other two, and work to replace lost equipment to make up for any imagined slight against your fellow journeymen, I refuse to have infighting in my tower.  Are you capable of all of this? Otherwise, it all goes to the troops, to preserve discipline among potentially jealous Wizards."

Better?
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2014, 06:33:47 pm »

I'd personally aim for something a lot less complex. Maybe...

"All of these tools are vital for my plans for the Tower. We cannot afford to be without any of them. But equally, we cannot afford to defy the imperials. For now, the crafting tools will be retained. Rivialia, you will be tasked with preparing replacements for the missing equipment. Do not disappoint me in this."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2014, 06:46:59 pm »

Or maybe just use our actual reasoning? "Sorry, all this stuff's neat, but right now we need [THING] most because [REASON]." Particularly if [REASON] involves what we need right now rather than what we'd like eventually.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2014, 06:47:44 pm »

Lets do cash money and Fungal tower then!

1. We'll keep the enchanted work stations and tools. We'll live in the Canyon where agriculture is very possible. We'll have the Orc dude erect a good solid wall somewhat inside the cave (with bodyguards and apprentice mages of course). Once that wall inside the cave is finished we can work on collapsing the real opening in such a way that nothing will ever get out. We'll station some guards to watch the cave of course but the issue will die there and then.

2. The Dwarf could enchant just about everything, starting with the farming equipment which we can later use to raise abundant food. When we can feed our people and have a good surplus then we'll start sending a caravan over to the human city to start bribing the less well off with promises of a better living. We can also make small contact with the Assassins guild and see how they work. Maybe we can have them steal back our confiscated equipment. After all, these assassins are still under an archmage who is probally disliked EVEN more then we are.

3. Later we can also have a HUGE fortress set up in order to protect our settlement. What's stopping us from having both? It'll be harder to get that tower up but with some work and enough time we can do it.

By the way GM: Can there only be one Overmage?
+1
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13