Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who would've you voted for during the Ukrainian presidental elections?

Petro Poroshenko
- 5 (29.4%)
Yulia Tymoshenko
- 2 (11.8%)
Oleg Lyashko
- 2 (11.8%)
Anatoly Hrytsenko
- 2 (11.8%)
Serhiy Tihipko
- 0 (0%)
Mykhailo Dobkin
- 0 (0%)
Other
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 62

Author Topic: Ukrainian Crisis Discussion Thread №3: Love your Country  (Read 74131 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
Re: Ukrainian Crisis Discussion Thread №3: Love your Country
« Reply #765 on: December 05, 2014, 06:57:11 am »

It's like Kosovo is Serb  -   Crimea is Russian?

What's that thing written over Crimea?
The inscription above the picture: "Kosovska Mitrovica"
The inscription below the picture: "Kosovo is Serbia" (in Russian), "Crimea is Russia" (in Serbian).
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 05, 2014, 06:57:44 am »

Oh, that's why it was different. What does Mitrovica means?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 05, 2014, 07:05:13 am »

Oh, that's why it was different. What does Mitrovica means?
Kosovska Mitrovica is the name of the town. It is divided into the northern Serb part (Severna Kosovska Mitrovica) and the southern Albanian part. Like most territories of Kosovo where Serbs live, Severna Kosovska Mitrovica has its own government institutions which function separately from the rest of Kosovo.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 05, 2014, 08:45:49 am »

They do not function fully separately from kosovo and there is also tendency to slowly move it and fuse it with the albanian kosovo government. But majority of people living there do not acknowledge kosovo as independent state, or its government.

But lets go back to ukraine, as I found some interesting things.
Ukraine parliament fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O4hVnLGAgM

"Reuters (among other news agencies) is reporting a brawl broke out in the Ukrainian Parliament today when government members approved the appointed foreign-born members of the government cabinet.

After the vote, the People's Deputy Vladimir Parasyuk began requesting an explanation of vote (as he was uncertain if this move was constitutionally appropriate), but the chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Volodymyr Groisman peremptorily refused it...

And fist-t-cuffs broke out, mainly with the more fascist-minded members of the Svoboda Party throwing punches."

The interest thing i found is Mr. Poroshenko was exposed as thoroughly corrupt by wikileaks back in 2008 (as the leaked memos make very clear, Mr. Poroshenko worked as a paid informant of the US State Department since 2006; Mr. Poroshenko is refered to as "Our Ukraine insider," and much of the cable referred to information that he was providing to the State Department and the CIA on a pay-to-play basis.
http://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/06KIEV2038_a.html

Make love not war

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 05, 2014, 08:50:06 am »

Poroshenko used to be a paid CIA informant? lol, that's going to really start the conspiracy theories rolling, though it may have already.

Also, how does being a paid CIA informant make one corrupt?

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 05, 2014, 09:04:35 am »

Poroshenko used to be a paid CIA informant? lol, that's going to really start the conspiracy theories rolling, though it may have already.

Yeah its old news, those papers can be googled in a matter of seconds. I went through them(although not word by word) before the Ukrainian presidential elections earlier this year and judging by those papers he was just an informant, on what happened in Ukrainian politics at least. Thats corruption nonetheless.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 05, 2014, 09:11:18 am »

Yeah its old news, those papers can be googled in a matter of seconds. I went through them(although not word by word) before the Ukrainian presidential elections earlier this year and judging by those papers he was just an informant, on what happened in Ukrainian politics at least. Thats corruption nonetheless.

So he spied for another government, I still fail to see how that's corruption. To me, that's in the 'being a spy' category, not 'being corrupt' category. And yes, I know I'm speaking as an American and he was an US informant.

All he did was explain to the US the deeper points of whats going on in Ukranian politics, right? Not like he gave away state or military secrets.

Edit: Actually, I can see how it might be viewed as corrupt, but I still see it as being a spy, not being corrupt like yanukushenko or whatever that guys name was.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:18:39 am by smjjames »

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 05, 2014, 09:18:43 am »

Just posting thing that show that CIA and USA is a  lot more interested in all this long time before all this problems started.

Also WTF? A person is paid by a CIA doesn't make him corrupt? Do you know what CIA is? What is it doing in ukraine a foreign country, and what for does it need information?
Let me guess you are a american?

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:26:57 am by miljan »
Make love not war

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 05, 2014, 09:23:45 am »

---
All he did was explain to the US the deeper points of whats going on in Ukranian politics, right? Not like he gave away state or military secrets.

Edit: Actually, I can see how it might be viewed as corrupt, but I still see it as being a spy, not being corrupt like yanukushenko or whatever that guys name was.

Yeah, a bit of both. Or a lot. From what is known he apparently was not hired to do anything or behave in any way, but simply got paid for keeping the US up to date in what was happening.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 05, 2014, 09:25:14 am »

Just posting thing that show that CIA and USA is lot interested in all this long time before all this problems.

Also WTF? A person is paid by a CIA doesn't make him corrupt? Do you know what CIA is? What is it doing in ukraine a foreign country, and what for does it need information?
Let me guess you are a american?

Yes I'm American, and have said it several times before. And CIA is Civillian Intelligence Agency, our intel network essentially.

As for what the CIA was doing in Ukraine, I can't answer that because I don't know. Might have been an extension of the NSAs doing, like what they did in Germany for example. Wouldn't be surprised if it was actually.

I'm probably thinking different levels of corruption here (CIA informant corrupt vs all out oligarch yanukushenko corrupt) and while a congressman doing that here would certainly be corrupt, they'd be mostly labelled a spy.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 05, 2014, 09:40:07 am »

The hypocrisy of Serbian ultranationalists proclaiming "Kosovo is Serbian, Crimea is Russian" amuses me to no end. The irrationality of such people shines through in this example.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 05, 2014, 09:46:54 am »

The hypocrisy of Serbian ultranationalists proclaiming "Kosovo is Serbian, Crimea is Russian" amuses me to no end. The irrationality of such people shines through in this example.
Why is it irrational to say that for kosovo?
Make love not war

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 05, 2014, 09:47:55 am »

Quote from: Guardian G.I
Probably the closest analogy that can be applied here is that the Crimea is a part of Russia where much blood was shed for the defence of the country against the invaders. Kind of like Kosovo for Serbians.

The analogy isn't anywhere near close. Kosovo was originally Serbian for centuries - since late antiquity even. Russia invaded Crimea which was never Russian to begin with just 200 years ago, occupied the country and later expelled the indigenous population to settle it with civilised Slavic master race who always know better than the natives. Russians are closer to the Albanians in Kosovo except the Russians possibly have less of a moral right to be there considering the Albanians settled peacefully. The original Albanian settlers in Kosovo were actually refugees - expelled by the Serbs from their homes in Southern Serbia.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:50:51 am by Owlbread »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 05, 2014, 09:50:13 am »

They have the same mythological place in both countries - a place where great battles for the sake of the state occurred.

You should know that mythology is what determines the actions of the world's nations, not rationality.
._.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 05, 2014, 09:50:37 am »

Quote from: Guardian G.I
Probably the closest analogy that can be applied here is that the Crimea is a part of Russia where much blood was shed for the defence of the country against the invaders. Kind of like Kosovo for Serbians.

The analogy isn't anywhere near close. Kosovo was originally Serbian for centuries - since late antiquity even. Russia invaded Crimea which was never Russian to begin with just 200 years ago, occupied the country and later expelled the indigenous population to settle it with civilised Slavic master race who always know better than the natives. Russians are closer to the Albanians in Kosovo except the Russians possibly have less of a moral right to be there considering the Albanians settled peacefully.
Ahh, you mean in comparison to crimea, yea I agree. Anyway I am from kosovo, or better said was
Make love not war
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 62