Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who would've you voted for during the Ukrainian presidental elections?

Petro Poroshenko
- 5 (29.4%)
Yulia Tymoshenko
- 2 (11.8%)
Oleg Lyashko
- 2 (11.8%)
Anatoly Hrytsenko
- 2 (11.8%)
Serhiy Tihipko
- 0 (0%)
Mykhailo Dobkin
- 0 (0%)
Other
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 62

Author Topic: Ukrainian Crisis Discussion Thread №3: Love your Country  (Read 73946 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Ukrainian Crisis Discussion Thread №3: Love your Country
« on: November 11, 2014, 04:58:20 pm »

Hello again, ladies and gentlemen of the bay12 forums! Ever since the last two threads about the erstwhile Malorossiya have been closed down by our Benevolent Overlord, there has been no let out for the violent, righteous hatred some of you may feel for the horrible wretched ukropi or vatniks, and I can only imagine your suffering as your desire for action remained unquenched. Well, no longer! In this thread you can finally make your fiery comments and eloquent arguments with impunity!

And so, without any further ado, let's begin!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 04:09:13 pm by Knit tie »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ukrainian Crisis Discussion Thread №3: Salo and Vitriol.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 04:59:18 pm »

* LordSlowpoke raises finger

does it rain brits in ukraine

also ptw

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 05:01:05 pm »

* LordSlowpoke raises finger

does it rain brits in ukraine

Not really, no, but according tho this article, chechens have decided to use the ongoing crisis as an excuse to settle their own internal conflicts.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 05:03:36 pm by Knit tie »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 05:05:48 pm »

Right, to kick things off, Ukrainian government claims rebels have begun conscripting locals to fill out their ranks. In related news, Ukrainian forces pet the dog by... petting a dog.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-11-11/germany-says-ukraine-risks-return-to-conflict-with-rebels.html

Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 05:07:41 pm »

PTW.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 05:21:53 pm »

Right, to kick things off, Ukrainian government claims rebels have begun conscripting locals to fill out their ranks. In related news, Ukrainian forces pet the dog by... petting a dog.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-11-11/germany-says-ukraine-risks-return-to-conflict-with-rebels.html
Ukrainian government has claimed many things already, most of which are only tangentially related to the actual course of events. The rebels have no need for draft because they already have a stream of "battle tourists" coming in from Russia and Caucasus and a slightly narrower stream of local volunteers who are displeased with the behaviour of Ukrainian volunteer battalions, who are mostly made up of ultra-right wing militants. But the rebel commanders are also squabbling among themselves, not violently, thankfully, but hard enough to undermine the DNR and LNR's war effort. Bezler, for example, got essentially exiled recently, and Strelkov is trying to be politically active in Russia.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 06:35:22 pm »

Some very "profesional" pro russian and ukraine actions:

Ukraine shooting a empty police station (or what ever that building is)  back in I think september, or before that, dont remember now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=673xsvAZ7hU&list=UUG2L5r9T5iYCH0Mmgq85jNQ

Pro russian shooting at water
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z73FAbtxNlg#t=29

Donetsk artillery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbyieUw-xuo&list=UUG2L5r9T5iYCH0Mmgq85jNQ

Ukraine troops reinforcements for donetsk area
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nleyC6kbr9A

Ukraine hitting a village
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOtraIU9sJo&list=UUG2L5r9T5iYCH0Mmgq85jNQ

Make love not war

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 06:50:31 pm »

There is nothing more dangerous than a bored guy with a gun.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 04:53:04 pm »

Posting to watch.
Knit tie, you'd better have a fire extinguisher at the ready.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 04:08:15 pm »

No fire still?

How about this: Russia didn't shoot down that plane. Ukraine did.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 04:09:09 pm »

Well, this is a bit redundant, what with the Eurothread and the Russia Watching thread.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 04:11:28 pm »

Hello again, ladies and gentlemen of the bay12 forums! Ever since the last two threads about the erstwhile Malorossiya have been closed down by our Benevolent Overlord, there has been no let out for the violent, righteous hatred some of you may feel for the horrible wretched ukropi or vatniks, and I can only imagine your suffering as your desire for action remained unquenched. Well, no longer! In this thread you can finally make your fiery comments and eloquent arguments with impunity!

I'm pretty sure that qualifies as instigating a flame war.

That's bad. You should feel bad.

I disagree. Just because you got interethnic tension doesn't mean you resort to violence. I should know, I'm from Belgium. There is no way this would have blown up without the Crimea precedent and the potential rebels expecting Russian support and being fed shit about neo-nazis out to kill them by Russians media.
I agree that the Crimean annexation was most likely the spark that drove the rebels to armed resistance, but I don't believe that the rebel forces expected the Russia to provide support - why would it risk a war with NATO over some random miners and their coal pit? Crimea Putin could risk, because the peninsula's geography is so defensible it just screams "try and take me by force!", but not Donbass.

And besided, do you honestly believe that interethnic tensions is a prosperous, democratic first-world country such as Belgium is comparable to interethnic tensions in dirt-poor dictatorships that suggenly have their centralised power removed? Don't look at Belgium, look at Uganda, Congo and Sudan - when the holder of the biggest stick fell, all the different ethnicities started grinding their axes in each other's skulls.

And I do believe that we should relocate this discussion tho the thread that I've made specifically for discussing the crisis in Ukraine.
Strelkov (the guy who was basically in charge of the rebel forces for until the fall of Slavyansk) actually expected the Russia to help them out directly, basing this on some speech Putin has said about how "our soldier will stand behind the civilians, and will immediately intervene if there's a confirmed evidence of crimes against the civilians population".
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 04:25:02 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 04:43:00 pm »

"Let anybody in the military dare, and they’d be shooting their own people, whom... who would stand up in front of us. Shoot at women and children"

That is a true translation of Putin's words.   I must say he did as promised and Russian "brave" soldiers  fight by using liveshields

Note that he wanted to say whom we will place in front of us

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 04:45:44 pm »

Ok.. we have 3 threads now for the same thing... where should I post? In all 3?
Make love not war

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2014, 04:53:55 pm »

Ok.. we have 3 threads now for the same thing... where should I post? In all 3?
Here, because this is the thread that's specifically about the ukrainian crisis.

"Let anybody in the military dare, and they’d be shooting their own people, whom... who would stand up in front of us. Shoot at women and children"

That is a true translation of Putin's words.   I must say he did as promised and Russian "brave" soldiers  fight by using liveshields

Note that he wanted to say whom we will place in front of us
Oh hi there, друже! Care to provide a source of what you just quoted?

I'm pretty sure that qualifies as instigating a flame war.

That's bad. You should feel bad.

Strelkov (the guy who was basically in charge of the rebel forces for until the fall of Slavyansk) actually expected the Russia to help them out directly, basing this on some speech Putin has said about how "our soldier will stand behind the civilians, and will immediately intervene if there's a confirmed evidence of crimes against the civilians population".
The problem here is that Strelkov is not representative of the rebels as a whole. Another commander, with nom-de-guerre "Batman", claimed in his interview that neither he nor his troops ever expected any support from Russia.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 62