Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 257723 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2760 on: January 24, 2015, 10:04:12 pm »

That was announced by leader of DNR few hours before that
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: January 24, 2015, 10:10:18 pm »

That was announced by leader of DNR few hours before that
Quote?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: January 24, 2015, 10:27:35 pm »

What the point of providing any links to a conspiracy theorist moron? Anyway, is Russian television good enough source?

http://www.ntv.ru/novosti/1293478/

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: January 24, 2015, 10:37:32 pm »

Zakharchenko doesn't say a word about indiscriminate shelling. Potentially taking no prisoners, yes, but nothing about either shelling or civilians.

vonduus

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your captain speaking
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: January 24, 2015, 10:50:30 pm »

Please, Ukrainian Ranger, this topic is very interesting, I find it very educational to hear Russians and Ukrainians discuss their relations in a civilized way. No need to call Knit tie a moron. Unless you want me to believe that you are one.
DF: where imagination beats animation

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: January 24, 2015, 10:55:49 pm »

Please, Ukrainian Ranger, this topic is very interesting, I find it very educational to hear Russians and Ukrainians discuss their relations in a civilized way. No need to call Knit tie a moron. Unless you want me to believe that you are one.
Silly N'wah, there is no civility to be found here. Only a back-and-forth between hardcore fanatics.

And if you want to know what I actually think happened in Mariupol, I believe that it most likely was a simple miss - either the Ukrainians undershot, or the rebels overshot. Collateral damage and friendly fire is very much a thing with the notoriously imprecise rocket artillery.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: January 24, 2015, 11:16:09 pm »

Zakharchenko doesn't say a word about indiscriminate shelling. Potentially taking no prisoners, yes, but nothing about either shelling or civilians.

a) guy that considers war crime of taking no prisoners(war crime) surely can't order indiscriminate shelling of civilians (another war crime). Not that this drunkard does and orders but retranslating Putin's will
b) Of cause that is one of many coincidences...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: January 24, 2015, 11:16:39 pm »

What is probability to meet a dinosaur during a walk? It is 50%. You will either meet a dinosaur or not.

What are you talking about?

Col. Cassad's update on the battles. So far, the rebels are slowly advancing, but the AFU are showing great tenacity and bravery in defense.
It's to be expected, since they're a Slav nation (and more importantly, Slav culture), and all Slav nations/cultures have that common trait.
Ukrainians fought the Grand Army and stormed Berlin - no matter how harebrained their commanders are, the common soldiers are not going to yield easily. Already, there are reports of rebels taking heavy losses.

I thought it was the Russians that stormed Berlin? Maybe it was an Ukrainian unit, I dunno.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: January 25, 2015, 12:04:19 am »

I thought it was the Russians that stormed Berlin? Maybe it was an Ukrainian unit, I dunno.
A mixture of all the USSR's peoples stormed Berlin - including Ukrainians. Soviet units tended to be extremely ethnically diverse.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 02:31:13 am by Knit tie »

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: January 25, 2015, 02:44:20 am »

A mixture of all the USSR's peoples stormed Berlin - including Ukrainians. Soviet units tended to be extremely ethnically diverse.
Yay! Diversity!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: January 25, 2015, 02:49:31 am »

Yay! Diversity!

Indeed. In true Soviet fashion, to identify as Russian or Ukrainian or Kazakh or anything other than Soviet during that time was... unhealthy.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: January 25, 2015, 02:54:10 am »

Yay! Diversity!

Indeed. In true Soviet fashion, to identify as Russian or Ukrainian or Kazakh or anything other than Soviet during that time was... unhealthy.
You don't say? Wasn't the term "political correctness" also coined in the Soviet era?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: January 25, 2015, 03:00:13 am »

Yay! Diversity!

You don't say? Wasn't the term "political correctness" also coined in the Soviet era?

m9 you're talking about a period of time from 1922 to 85, 89 or even 91 if you ask the right people and we don't credit the soviets with creating fiber optics

but sure, if you exclude the part where it's only used in the mainstream since the 90s, stalin and his friends are responsible alright

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: January 25, 2015, 03:32:07 am »

LSP, I'm trolling, shhh...

Actually though, "political correctness" was used by some supporters and critics of the USSR to describe how much something conformed to the party line. At least according to Wikipedia! :P

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: January 25, 2015, 05:00:19 am »

"I know it's not politically correct to say so but..." has preceded most political views at one point or another over the past few decades. I know it's not politically correct to say so but it just goes to show how people no longer think for themselves and simply follow the bleatings of other politically correct sheep.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 220