Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 257642 times)

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2775 on: January 25, 2015, 05:19:45 am »

What is probability to meet a dinosaur during a walk? It is 50%. You will either meet a dinosaur or not.
What are you talking about?

You mean you don't meet a dinosaur every 2nd day or so? Pfft, I feel sorry for you, must make life a little dull...

@ChairmanPoo - I remembered someone posting a recipe for Chifir in the food thread, so I dug it up: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=107598.msg5520161;topicseen#msg5520161

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: January 25, 2015, 05:54:18 am »

Col. Cassad's update on the battles. So far, the rebels are slowly advancing, but the AFU are showing great tenacity and bravery in defense.
It's to be expected, since they're a Slav nation (and more importantly, Slav culture), and all Slav nations/cultures have that common trait.
Ukrainians fought the Grand Army and stormed Berlin - no matter how harebrained their commanders are, the common soldiers are not going to yield easily. Already, there are reports of rebels taking heavy losses.

I thought it was the Russians that stormed Berlin? Maybe it was an Ukrainian unit, I dunno.
This is why Germans talking about not opposing Russia because of WWII makes me rage: All the good things the USSR did are ascribed to Russia without batting an eyelid, but try once to talk about the horrors of the USSR and its continuity with the Russian state, and...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: January 25, 2015, 06:16:31 am »

What is probability to meet a dinosaur during a walk? It is 50%. You will either meet a dinosaur or not.

You mean you don't meet a dinosaur every 2nd day or so? Pfft, I feel sorry for you, must make life a little dull...

@ChairmanPoo - I remembered someone posting a recipe for Chifir in the food thread, so I dug it up: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=107598.msg5520161;topicseen#msg5520161

I encounter dinosaurs every single day. And you probably do to!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: January 25, 2015, 06:48:40 am »

Col. Cassad's update on the battles. So far, the rebels are slowly advancing, but the AFU are showing great tenacity and bravery in defense.
It's to be expected, since they're a Slav nation (and more importantly, Slav culture), and all Slav nations/cultures have that common trait.
Ukrainians fought the Grand Army and stormed Berlin - no matter how harebrained their commanders are, the common soldiers are not going to yield easily. Already, there are reports of rebels taking heavy losses.

I thought it was the Russians that stormed Berlin? Maybe it was an Ukrainian unit, I dunno.
Wojsko Polskie Berlin brało, a sowieckie pomagało!
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: January 25, 2015, 09:39:07 am »

A mixture of all the USSR's peoples stormed Berlin - including Ukrainians. Soviet units tended to be extremely ethnically diverse.
Yay! Diversity!

Indeed. In true Soviet fashion, to identify as Russian or Ukrainian or Kazakh or anything other than Soviet during that time was... unhealthy.
That's a rather crude misrepresentation, I'm afraid. A Soviet Kazakh could identify as Kazakh as much as a modern Native American man can identify as Native American, nobody would've said a thing. My grandmother worked most of her life as a markscheider in Kyrgyzstan (then Kyrgyz SSR), and the locals were perectly fine with openly calling themselves Kyrgyz, speaking in Kyrgyz language, having all those state-sponsored festivals of Kyrgyz culture and associating themselves with the famous Kyrgyz of history. Of course, the USSR did some culture manipulating propaganda campaigns, but they cannot be condemned as unequivocally morally wrong, in my opinion, seeing how along with learning Russian language, they promoted stuff like literacy and women's rights.

Now the peoples who got condemned as "traitors" and deported, those poor bastards had problems. Until the amnesty, at least.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:14:15 am by Knit tie »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: January 25, 2015, 12:20:12 pm »

Google translate butchered that horribly - who's mopping the floor with who now?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: January 25, 2015, 01:01:56 pm »

Google translate butchered that horribly - who's mopping the floor with who now?
Novorossiyan forces have launched an offensive towards the town of Popasnaya in the Lugansk Region, where the positions of the NAF were previously very weak. Novorossiyan tanks broke through the poorly defended Ukrainian lines and reached the town. The Ukrainian forces should have responded by attacking them at the flanks, but they couldn't do it due to lack of men. There are already unconfirmed reports claiming that NAF are in control of Popasnaya. Ukrainian commanders are pulling available reserves from other areas of the frontline towards Popasnaya, according to Strelkov, but the available reinforcements are too few in numbers to plug the hole in the frontline.

The situation is weirdly resembling the fighting during the Great Patriotic War.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:17:38 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: January 25, 2015, 01:31:53 pm »

A bit of WTF-ery and kinda propaganda from the Russophone twitter: either this is a fake, or Kyiv buries its soldiers under the designation of "surgical waste."

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: January 25, 2015, 01:50:16 pm »

._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: January 25, 2015, 05:05:41 pm »

Hey, don't mock Surgical Waste. His parents gave him a stupid name, and still he manage to grow up s an hero, loosing his life while protecting his brother Recyclable Wast from the advancing Novorussians forces!

As for the need for Kiev to manufacture terrorists attack... Well, we got the Malaysian Airlines flight already. At this point, a few dozens Ukrainians civilians dying won't change public opinion much.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: January 25, 2015, 05:14:53 pm »

Hey, don't mock Surgical Waste. His parents gave him a stupid name, and still he manage to grow up s an hero, loosing his life while protecting his brother Recyclable Wast from the advancing Novorussians forces!

As for the need for Kiev to manufacture terrorists attack... Well, we got the Malaysian Airlines flight already. At this point, a few dozens Ukrainians civilians dying won't change public opinion much.
Well, that poor airplane didn't secure NATO help for Kyiv and didn't get Novorossiya declared a terrorist organisation, so the public outrage it caused apparently wasn't outrageous enough. Hence repeated attempts to ignite the Europeans' hearts with Volnovakha and Mariupol provocations/rebel war crimes/unfortunate accidents/whatever they really were being turned into propaganda tools.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 05:19:50 pm by Knit tie »

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: January 25, 2015, 06:18:29 pm »

British/BBC (i think) documentary Ross Kemp: Extreme World  of azov battalion in ukraine, nazis, Mariupol and civil defense. Unfortunately he did not film the other side (it was filmed last year somewhere before the elections).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84503534&v=DdAtkzSeoVc&x-yt-ts=1421914688

Around 10 size armor/tank column of pro rusian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh_PpNkt-Qk

Pro russian tank getting stuck on/under the bridge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB-VB7GWLAU

Mariupol and what not to do when you are near unexploded/or exploded shell (you never know and should be left to professional... that comes later with a shovel/metal pike xD)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfdHspfAPbI
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 06:23:41 pm by miljan »
Make love not war

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: January 25, 2015, 06:26:05 pm »

According to Col. Cassad, El Murid's victorious messages, cited by Sergarr, have been rather preemptive - both sides confirm that Popasnaya is still contested.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: January 26, 2015, 03:46:52 am »

According to Col. Cassad, El Murid's victorious messages, cited by Sergarr, have been rather preemptive - both sides confirm that Popasnaya is still contested.
:(

I remember there being people trying to say that Russians are sexist based on one Mozgovoy statement taken out of context. Here are the reasons why this claim is bullshit.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 220