Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Vizier: A Game of Treachery [6 Players]  (Read 16267 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vizier: A Game of Treachery [6 Players]
« Reply #195 on: December 13, 2014, 08:52:31 pm »

Quote from: Proposals
Wolfgang Arnoldsson proposes a solution to the Dangerous Fanatic crisis, using his Cat Burglar (2 Guile, 1 Gold).
   Harriet Bradley supports the proposal with the aid of a Corrupt Noble (2 Guile, 1 Etiquette).
   Mehlenna Blusterant supports the proposal with the aid of a Stylish Banker (2 Gold, 1 Etiquette).
   Pangaea Homologue supports the proposal with the aid of a Holy Expert (2 Gold, 1 Piety) and the Interior Ministry (2 Guile).
Total Resources: 5 Gold, 6 Guile

Harriet Bradley proposes a solution to the Agent Exodus crisis, using her Sly Gentleman (2 Etiquette, 1 Guile).
   Wolfgang Arnoldsson supports the proposal with the aid of a Skillful Cleric (2 Piety, 1 Gold).
   Kyle Johnson supports the proposal with the aid of an Effortless Cleric (2 Piety, 1 Etiquette).
   Cinad supports the proposal with the aid of the Foreign Ministry (3 Etiquette) and a Wrathful Priest (2 Piety, 1 Might).
Total Resources: 6 Etiquette, 6 Piety

The Dangerous Fanatic

One morning you wake up and Father Aspell is gone.  Not dead.  Not 'left the country'.  Gone.  No trace remains of him, no trace remains that he was ever here, no written word or spoken thought.  Nothing.

Lord Carl invites anyone who might have known Father Aspell to a banquet that evening.  The topic of conversation is how the faith seems to be lacking these days, and it's a shame that no priests have ever stepped up to tackle it.  There is much head nodding, and the general agreement that such a priest has yet to come.

Respect for Mr Arnoldsson has increased somewhat, and fear of Homologue's agents in the night.

Cost: 2 Gold, 1 Guile
The Ministry of the Interior has been strengthened by this.

Agent Exodus

Bradley's sly acquaintance leads a troupe of clergymen, including the somewhat famed Archibald IV, throughout the realm.  They stop in at various houses, seeking out the poor to bestow kindness upon and the rich to seek charity from.  They are devout, well-spoken and utterly companionable.

They also stop at every house of every agent in the Interior, and the unspoken threat is clearly received.  Dissent falls accordingly.

Cost: 3 Etiquette, 4 Piety
The Ministry of the Interior has been strengthened by this.

Crisis Auto-Worsens: The Health Broker

The unscrupulous power broker holding the cure to the Sleeping Sickness has only grown more brazen.  He wields his power openly, trusting to his allies in court to keep his identity concealed.  Worse still, the Sickness has come to Sheepstead once again.

This is now a Major Crisis.

December

After the catastrophe that was November, December has proven relatively smooth sailing for Elbreth.  The sickness has returned to the capital again, but the country holds steady, and the king is ready to show his gratitude.

Wolfgang Arnoldsson and Harriet Bradley have the king's favour this month.

Spoiler: Crises (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Government (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 13, 2014, 10:23:16 pm »

"Good morning, Your Majesty. Good morning, Sirs and Ladies of the council. Here's a summary of what we have to deal with this month."

Summary of crises
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"It would be splendid if this time we could agree to handle at least one of the major crises we are facing. With Your Majesty's blessing, of course."

Pangaea makes herself comfortable in her chair. Better to wait for Harriet and Wolfgang to finish their business with the King.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 14, 2014, 01:13:42 am »

"And quickly as well. I think the men are getting less vigorous."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 14, 2014, 04:42:52 am »

(OOC: The favours last until you use them right?)
A young boy enter the room, hands a letter to Harriet and leave. She opens the letter and a smile appears on her lips "Well, well, it seem that a Intriguing Knight(2 Might, 1 Etiquette) of mine may live across the street from the 'The Plague-Master'. Of course he will need men and resources to check this out. Otherwise he may simple disappear like that, um, what-his-face, a big problem a month ago.

So may I Propose a plan for that?"

She turns to Pangaea "I don't have anything to deal with the other issue." (The Prosperous Diplomat 2 Etiquette, 1 Gold along with the captain of last month.)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 14, 2014, 09:39:28 am »

"My king, could I have the position of marshal?"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 14, 2014, 04:22:34 pm »

(OOC: The favours last until you use them right?)

OOC: I was under the impression that favors had to be cashed in immediately. Even before the work on new proposals starts, strictly speaking. If players could save favors, then the "King's Ear" favor would be even less useful than it currently is. Still, there's nothing in the posted rules that explicitly forbids saving royal favors for later, so some clarification from Iituem would be good.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 14, 2014, 04:28:36 pm »

OOC:  Cash favours immediately.  You can't store them for later.  After all, the king's favour is fickle.

Wolfgang Arnoldsson is now the Marshal.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 14, 2014, 04:31:00 pm »

OOC:  Cash favours immediately.  You can't store them for later.  After all, the king's favour is fickle.
(That what I thought.)

"I'll need to borrow some more men, your highness." Grant Resources
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2014, 04:59:11 pm »

"Since our Spymistress has yet to get around to it, here's a list of declared and undeclared assets each of us is suspected of having. I've gone ahead and declared all of my own, of course."

Spoiler: "Assets" (click to show/hide)

"Assuming we want to go after both major issues this month, and were willing to throw everything we had at it...

Spoiler: "Proposals" (click to show/hide)

...I don't think we stand much of a chance at finding this Plague Master without some very good news from those who've just gotten fresh recruits."
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:56:47 am by Grek »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 14, 2014, 05:08:18 pm »

The Prosperous Diplomat 2 Etiquette, 1 Gold

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 14, 2014, 08:21:06 pm »

Pangaea is roused from slumber by Mehlenna's sweet tones.
"Eh, excuse me. I haven't been getting enough sleep lately. In an entirely unrelated development, I have recently made the acquaintance of a dapper devil in the Royal Guard (The Charming Captain, 2 Might, 1 Etiquette). Not quite as cool and aloof as certain other Guard officers. There's definitely nothing wrong with his vigour, let me vouch for that (tee-hee). With his support behind Harriet's proposal, I'm sure it will soon be the so-called 'Plague-Master' who will find himself grabbed by the you-know-what (tee-hee).

Then there's the Poisonings. The Faithful Scholar (2 Knowledge, 1 Piety) and our reinvigourated (tee-hee) Interior Ministry (4 Guile) are standing ready to help. We just need to decide who should receive the honour of leading them into battle against murderous fiends and enemies of learning. So, who wants a favor from His Majesty?"

Pangaea rests her chin on her clasped hands and looks around the room.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 08:23:38 pm by Mopsy »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 14, 2014, 08:43:21 pm »

"I've updated the prior scroll to account for recent announcements."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 14, 2014, 08:43:39 pm »

Kyle glares at Pangaea for half a second. Not a malicious one, but something more... jealous? Whatever it is, Kyle immediately speaks.
"I will be supporting miss Bradley's proposal with The Learned Knight (2 Knowledge, 1 Might) Jameson."
He quickly sits down with a 'humph'.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 14, 2014, 09:07:24 pm »

Rule Rebalance:  Grant Resources now grants 3 extra cards.  It was underpowered compared to having a Ministry.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 15, 2014, 02:49:30 am »

Harriet reads her list with a worried look "I now worried about our king."(New:
The Learned Thief 2 Guile, 1 Knowledge The Reverent Thief 2 Guile, 1 Piety The Holy Rogue 2 Guile, 1 Piety )
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16