- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286090 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: (UPDATE) Necromechanic
« Reply #3645 on: March 06, 2016, 12:45:32 am »

Oasis Water comes with a demonic IOU though.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: March 06, 2016, 01:18:11 am »

Oasis Water comes with a demonic IOU though.

Meh, we could toss some gold or something in while we were at it. It's still a lot easier than expending mana on everything in sight.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: March 06, 2016, 01:20:35 am »

Last time the demon ate several of our minions as payment.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: March 06, 2016, 01:27:07 am »

Last time the demon ate several of our minions as payment.

Nah, that was just the first time he came collecting. We've made much more civil transactions with him since.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: March 06, 2016, 01:51:27 am »

A.R.M.O.K's side of the story is as follows,  A.R.M.O.K offers a book on lua coding, to which the Nerd replies that he has a portable device that is far superior, A.R.M.O.K reveals a creature he had been producing to assistance in scientific and other endeavors which he feels is like his child, at which point the Nerd insults the creature, and demands that A.R.M.O.K let him do the job he was being paid to do. 
A.R.M.O.K then attempts to carve an Eignobject sigil, which renders the object in it into it's component parts, allowing one to switch out individualize parts and get a preview of what it will split into, for the purpose of a prank, at which point the Nerd uses his Phone's built in Dwarven taser to Paralyze and damage A.R.M.O.K and leave, assuming it to be some type of curse, or other fell magic.

A.R.M.O.K claims that several hurtful remarks were used by the Mine Manager, Including "Hippie Rockhead"

You point out to the workers that you have just now bought furniture, and have access to much cleaner tunnels, and the fact that their rooms are being constructed right now.

You also inform the maid that she has full access to your current minions as labor to clean the place up.

You calmly request for your Mine manager to hold on, with some sort of offer, if you can work this out.

When you apply the "Clean" Adjective, ithe object becomes clean.  Problem being that it might not be the best use of 45 Mana to cast that on 45 objects.  You try it on dirt and it becomes smoother dirt.  Trying it on water makes it take on a glimmering glow.

You ask A.R.M.O.K to mine out a nice underground apartment while you take care of the business with... Craig, he says his name is.

Oasis water would be a great idea, and you do remember using gold to pay off the demon, wouldn't be a terrible idea, using it as a cleaner.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: March 06, 2016, 03:28:39 am »

So, when it became clean, what happened to whatever was preventing it from being clean? Is it forcefully expelled? Does it become intangible relative to the clean object? Does it spontaneously cease to exist? Does it become the natural state of the object and thus no longer qualify as a lack of cleanliness(Does this then forcefully alter the perceptions of anyone viewing it?)? Does it remain clean when introduced to an unclean environment? "Clean" is an adjective, but it is an adjective that extends beyond the object that it is describing. The implications of such broad-reaching adjectives being forcefully imbued into a thing are staggering. although I suppose this was all addressed before my time...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: March 06, 2016, 10:05:29 am »

"It ceases to exist, the creation or destruction of matter and energy, while staggering for you to consider, are a common, and even expected occurrence in our world."

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: March 06, 2016, 03:15:12 pm »

shouldn't  we bounce some mana off the spice we got?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: March 06, 2016, 03:26:17 pm »

> Use cloning ritual to plant a few plants each of each of the spices bought that are plants
> See if you can get to buy smaller amounts than 10 servings from the spice shop for this purpose of the more expensive ones. Maybe also including a promise to give them a potted plant version when you succeed? Heck, if that fails, just offer to clone them *for him* *for free* and then wait for market forces to make him drop the price.

ooh yea on the spice bounceing
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: March 06, 2016, 04:03:30 pm »

Well, yes, but...
Apply "Ancient", "divine", "best" and "better" to the essence of desperation.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: March 06, 2016, 09:41:15 pm »

shouldn't  we bounce some mana off the spice we got?

Most of the spices give variations of plant mana, but a few have something more to them.

Bay Leaves, the Laurel of Rome, this plant's mana type Grants strength, wisdom, and clairvoyance, but only while the leaves are on or in the body, to varying strengths.

Parsley's mana creates a red smoke, smelling of sulfur and iron.  You do not know what this may mean.

Sage creates a white smoke, smelling of cold ashes and ice, You feel better, breathing it.

Thyme creates a yellow smoke, faint and glowing, it has no smell, You feel different, breathing it.

-4 Mana

The plants created by cloning are shriveled and black, likely a result of the DNA iin the spices being completely deteriorated.

You plant them anyway. -4 Mana

The Man seeling the spices, glad that you have given him so very much business, would be happy to allow you to buy samples of the richer ones, 1 serving for a 10th of the price.

"Furthermore, Adjectivity seems to try and change the mundane nature of an object if it is cheaper than applying a magical effect, these mundane changes are naturally immune to dispelling as well, as no magic remains."

You enchant Essence of Desperation with several powerful enchantments.  While it looks the same, the bottle becomes opaque preventng you from seeing the liquid's color, and the "Drink me" is now in gold ink. -4 Mana

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: March 06, 2016, 11:12:58 pm »

The stuff in the Old Junk spoiler from a few turns ago was a reference to the 12 Days of Christmas.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: March 06, 2016, 11:28:33 pm »

"Drink me" is a reference to Alice in Wonderland.

Adjectify some of those healing nanites with "renewable" and "permenant," then stick a clear steel golem core into the center of a mass of them, shape the whole thing into an armband, and wear it on your wrist.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: March 07, 2016, 07:28:27 pm »

((Doubleding))

Adjectify some of those healing nanites with "renewable" and "permenant," then stick a clear steel golem core into the center of a mass of them, shape the whole thing into an armband, and wear it on your wrist.[/b]

You take a blob of Nanites, and try to enchant it with several adjectives, but they are so tiny! The enchantment can't register a single target. -1 Mana.

"So, are you going to try and convince me to stay?" the Mine-manager says, sitting on a couch.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 07:32:15 pm by Shadestyle »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: March 07, 2016, 07:30:35 pm »

Try that again using imbued firebreath.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 250