- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286556 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: (Mostly-ISG) Darkness Redeemed: Necromechanic
« Reply #3105 on: August 11, 2015, 04:23:10 pm »

Start producing sunstone and split some of the magnesium.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: August 12, 2015, 12:23:32 am »

Fuse the giant crystal (if we can remove it) with some dead magic, hopefully creating something that absorbs mana.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: August 12, 2015, 03:35:01 pm »

Fuse the giant crystal (if we can remove it) with some dead magic, hopefully creating something that absorbs mana.
I think you mean aluminum. Dead mana is just insane evil shenanigans.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: August 12, 2015, 04:42:08 pm »

Unfortunately, Most everyone seems to be out of the cart, No breakfast for you.

You walk out and Get to work, Galarn't just sort of shakes his head in exasperation at your tenacity.

Walking over, He says, "You are chock full of luck you know?"

You start gathering the ingredients for a huge batch of nanobots, 20 times the normal dose.  "Oh? How did I manage this one?"

"Well firstly, I was within running distance when you started screaming, you were shooting bolts of lightning everywhere, then your hair fell out, in all honesty a good thing, since you would have caught on fire otherwise."

"Go on, I'm listening." You prod as you start fusing the Clear Steel and Raritanium, You consume two of the globs, and the small shards come out easy, tiny little toothpicks of potential. you hardly even feel them. -1 Mana, +10 Health.

"I thought that would be the worst of it, but thankfully your armor is clear, and despite the indecency, otherwise I wouldn't have seen the giant spike trying to worm it's way out of you, I Called Harkim over and grabbed you, had him shatter your armor with his Machine Weapon's piston attack, your armor was on too tight for anything else."

Another two doses made and consumed, Now you start to feel something. the big one budges, and your skin starts to flake like crazy, you scratch the worst areas as you confirm that your Cryskeel armor is totaled again, At least it hasn't been broken by anything weak yet. +10 Health

"When the thing started to really grow, it was shooting lightning off everywhere, but eventually we managed to direct most of it with some good use of extra iron bars."

"Eventually, it stopped, I nearly used my blade to slice it apart, But Harkim stopped me, the magic from my sword apparently could have caused what he called a 'We all die in a self-sustaining electrical explosion.' but later he said that that was just a theory from what he has seen of it.  So we had Fairy do one of his more impressive tricks, he punched it, breaking it off clean, and then we put you on your Silver Table and tried to keep you clean until you woke up, If you woke up.  I would have cut out that one shard, but it seemed like an unnecessary risk since I didn't know anything about it, Or you for that matter, since it could have been the only thing holding in your guts."

By the time he finishes you have taken the rest of the doses, and the grievous cluster has worked it's way out, clanking harmlessly on the floor, you other friends have drooped what they are doing to quickly move to your position next to the fusion tarp. Dublin cooking, Harkim just sitting Forlornly along with fairy before you came in, and Jeanne pacing, apparently they were rather stunned by your swift recovery. +90 Health.

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and I am in a very unique position of being hard to kill."

"You. you came close Valerik sir.. I had to do some stuff to the crystal to keep it from blowing up, move the energy around, if I had a few less seconds..."

He trails off, as Jeanne pipes up.

"I am looking for medicine, boss. It shouldn't take too long, I came across a pretty old looking place in the desert, it has some areas with pots and tables, Considering how tightly they were sealed, and all of the... interesting tools, I think it's an ancient hospital.  that was after I found all of the other fun stuff there though, The other me is half dead from the creatures though, so I'll have to drink up and go again."  She sounds cold.

Dublin thrusts a stone bowl of soup at you.

"You are not dead, you have a stomach, you eat."

Fairy flies up to your face slowly...

"...FUGGIN CUNT TRYING BE A BOOGYMAN AND SCARE THE  PISS OUT OF US? I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU PIECE OF SHIT, TEAR OUT YOUR FAVORITE ORGAN AND PLAY A GODSDAMNED SONG ON IT YOU BUCKET-FUMBLING COCKSMOCK PISS-HEAD, QUIT DYING ASSHATTED FAILREAPER MOTHERFUCKER."

He head-butts you in concern over your well being after telling you that "in danger" Is never somewhere he wants his valued friend to be. -47 Health.

Barely keeping your soup in hand, you call Harkim over for some on the job training, Teaching him how you make your Silver Mana engines, and how to operate, care for, and maintain them.

He soaks up the information like a sponge as you both Construct 10 of them.

His have a bit of imagination, with a stylized Meat Shank proudly displayed on each one, along with a more practical design stating the Factual numbers of each one's efficiency and production speed, along with a quick shorthand of what you taught him.

These ones produce 150 Mana a day and consume 50 Units of food to do it, with a capacity of 200 Pounds of food. -5 Mana, -5 Elbow Grease

Now just to get the 2000 Pounds of Food.

You also try to teach him the art of Severing magic from himself wholly, and after crafting a stone container to put it in, You have him make a batch, 5 (stone) Mana in total, a quick check confirms that no will is acting on it.

You feed all of the living things, yourself included, Apparently you were lucky enough that your organs were displaced rather than Ruptured.

Considering the creatures in question this eats up about 75 Marrow peppers and the leftover leaves you were using for mulch from some of your previous harvests.

The Rabbit has fallen into routine, no longer fearing death at present, a problem you either plan to encourage or quash depending on your mood you suppose.

In feeding the creatures you also harvest your plants, the Lions love marrow peppers as much as any carnivorous creature should, you plan to keep their feeding of this rich food to a minimum though, maybe you could supplement it with some sort of diluting agent? Those peppers are very energy rich after all.

Carrot (Carrion Parrot) Seems to adore the March lich seeds, While the other birds refuse to touch them, forcing you to employ other means of feeding them.

Your shovel blights and Mining mech have Brought to you:

150 Boulders

100 Unakite Boulders

50 More Boulders of Hematite ore, which you may process later depending on your needs.

50 Bars worth of platinum

25 Topaz Geodes

Another Large Raritanium Crystal, about 500 Pounds total.

32 Bars Of aluminum

27 Bars of Gold

105 Serpentine tiger's eye gemstones

25 Tan Chrysoberyl gems

10 Spinel Geodes

22 Cinnabar Boulders (Mercury)

35 Malachite boulders (Copper)

You create a large metal box on wheels and fill it with a fair amount of soil, creating a device that can grow plants without them spreading beyond that box. there is also a lid that can be put on it.

You have the minions drag this outside and plant a seed of lust, after Fertilizing the soil with super fertilizer.

The seed sprouts in minutes.

You decide for simplicity's sake to make some crackpots "Just in case" Out of stone. 5 Massive ones.

"Boss. If you are up to it, I need a New weapon and an upgrade for my sword. It's pretty damn sharp, but it needs a bit more pizzazz for those Catacomb Creatures. I just need more variety, since those areas have some pretty complicated defenses.  Something that goes boom, something that can break rocks and something that can let me conserve flying energy, like a glider or grappling hook."

You dig around a bit in the loot pile, and find no gypsum, Likely this mine does not contain any.

You split half of the refined magnesium, getting Chaos essence and Fire essence. -1 Mana

You Produce a Gold Pot and create some Congealed Sunlight, 5 Mana points worth, and for the next part, you set it over a fire and begin boiling it, in a few turns nothing but sunstone will remain. -5 Mana

Dead Mana hasn't been tested in fusion, Bold persistent experimentation is the hallmark of good science however.

You take the volatile crystal chunk that was previously in you and fuse it with 2 points of dead mana from your mana pearl, now that it is adequately fermented.

The result is a Bright yellow left arm, It thrashes about, carving gouges into the stone floor with it's lightning bolt shaped claws as it blasts arcs of steaming plasma everywhere, the fur on the arm is as sharp as knives and it clenches like a frog leg dipped in salt. -1 Mana

You quickly have the mining robot dig a hole and dump it in there, you can deal with it later.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 04:46:18 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: August 12, 2015, 05:14:22 pm »

>We need to make a weapon? We suddenly have lots of aluminum? Lets make some ****ing THERMITE! :D
Pulverize a boulder of Hematite and a bar of aluminum to a fine dust and mix them thoroughly, and you got some 200 pounds badass burning. Make some of the copper variant as well, that's less energetic but burns much faster, acting more like powerfull flash powder.

> learn Create Magitech Core

> Check on the blood farm. put a Sustain living around the crazy brain, and then infuse it with a Metal Essence and some Calcium, very carefull making sure it stays alive through the process.

> Distribute 500 pounds of bandit corpses to the mana engines, that should power them for 1 day even if it leaves no buffer.

> Homonculus a robe-shaped piece of very soft comfy skin covered in crimson silky fur to wear. Add metal essence and Adjectivity Climate Controled.

> make the Sparkwheel Gun protatype

> Fuse 1 stick of dynamite, 10 pouds of Thermite,  mana worth of congled sunlight, and a sustained Blast. Test it far away.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:17:17 pm by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: August 12, 2015, 05:19:48 pm »

Spend two pp on Enfeeble. Also split some manganese. And modify a buster box for sunstone production.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: August 12, 2015, 05:55:02 pm »

!!Ask Jeanne if she needs help.!!

If not: Make another dirt brush ( transmute area + pile of dirt)

have the digbots dig a trench about 20 meters long and 4 meters wide and 1.5 meters deep into the sand. Put our crackpots near them, then fill our new crackpots with Unakite Boulders.(have we ever tested their mana type?)
Send the digbots to dig towards the obsidian covered treasure trove.
prepare armok's Thermite.

use human leather to create a padded armor filled with our own fur as padding. Adjectivity - defensive, resilient.
make a belt with several pouches and potion holding loops out of human leather.

Wander around the city - using the dirt brush to paint a circle of dirt on the ground.
Keep our halfstaff tucked in our human leather belt until a dangerous situation occurs.

after completing the circle  - fusion experiments with the goop and the seeds.

after the experiments:

check the unakite crackpots - use the now hopefully liquid unakite to create a large basin - fill from the bottom: super fertilizer (1/100th) soil (1/3rd) Water (remainder)
plant fuming lilipad seeds in it.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: August 12, 2015, 07:50:15 pm »

Is there really much of anything we can do with dead mana that doesn't involve us going insane?

Stick support sigil on our bed. We still have the sustained spell bubble, and we could use the extra healing.
Follow the caliber crafting instructions using a newly shaped clear steel sword, a piece of psychocite, and a demand for magical power.
Ancesral power looks neat. Why don't we use an ID scroll on Valeric to determine his bloodline?

Spoiler: ABT (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:20:35 am by Whisperling »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: August 12, 2015, 11:56:46 pm »

+1 to Whisperling's stuff.

Do we have anything that would likely split into Obedience,  Law, Order, Holy, or Good (maybe sunstone)? If we fuse that with the new arm we could have ourselves a new "staff"/prosthetic for our electricity magic.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: August 13, 2015, 08:22:27 am »

Do we have anything that would likely split into Obedience,  Law, Order, Holy, or Good (maybe sunstone)? If we fuse that with the new arm we could have ourselves a new "staff"/prosthetic for our electricity magic.

Honestly, I think the way to go here is just keeping the arm trapped and setting it loose on anything we don't like. Preferably from a distance.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: August 13, 2015, 09:13:08 am »

Honestly, I think the way to go here is just keeping the arm trapped and setting it loose on anything we don't like. Preferably from a distance.
Maybe we should make a cage and just stuff all the monsters we make through failed experiments in... followed by anyone we don't like...

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: August 13, 2015, 11:18:54 am »

I have a feeling that that's going to end up like the scorpions. See, this is the reason why we have things like owlbears.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: August 14, 2015, 11:01:01 pm »

You craft 200 Pounds of Iron/aluminum thermite, using some help from your Giant zombie mill.

You also Craft 100 Pounds of Copper thermite.

You Learn to Craft Magitec Cores, Capable of Processing much more information, in return for not having any mana production of it's own. -5 Pontification points.

The blood farms are running smoothly, you recently fed them with a portion of Marrow Peppers.

You place A rune of sustian living around the Insane bandit, and then, Splitting some iron to do so, Infuse Him with Metal Essence and Calcium, Eventually making him very durable and slow to react.

You decide to take the easy route and Dump 500 Pounds of Corpses into the new engines.

You create a large gun, capable of being carried, but requiring a Tripod to stabilize it for usage, it is an iron tinged glass wheel with a setup to force an iron sparker onto it, along with mana, this causes High powered Sparks to be fired from the gun's barrel.  The wheel is set in a way to increase the chance of Shards being flung from it in the process.  A ring at the front Concentrates the sparks, but currently does little else. testing it out results in a very wide "fan" shape of red hot sparks, extending to an effective range of 20 pixels. it's wheel has 100 turns of full power before it needs to be replaced. 1 mana can keep it running for 5 turns at a time, and it requires a source of electricity before it can be made functional

You use the proper spells in order to create a living homunculus, a Robe of living Skin, covered in luxurious and silky fur.

You infuse Metal essence into the new robe and add the "Climate-Controlled" adjective. -2 Mana

You decide to do some additional things, you create a Vest, followed by padded Arm and leg Armor, with your own fur as the padding.

You wear the leg, and arm armor under your robe, and the vest over it, before enchanting it with Defensive and Resilient.

Despite the shift in materials, you feel this outfit is actually safer than your cryskeel armor, you clip the compressed stealthsuit to the vest's back and the Hematite towershield over that.

You also make a human leather belt with several pouches and Loops for your various tools, for the loops, you actually have the idea to add some buttons to clip the loops together, Raritanium for the outer part, and Platinum enchanted to be an energy collector, in this way, the instant you reach for something the raritanium pops the button loose, and when it is locked in place, the platinum energy absorber makes an electrical current to increase the raritanium's durability.

You can keep up to 10 items that are not too absurdly large (Up to a dirk) in your belt slots, allowing them to be used reflexively and quickly. -10 Mana, -7 Elbow grease.

1 Stick of Dynamite + 10 pounds of the new Iron thermite + 5 Mana's worth of Congealed sunlight + Sustained Blast = "Gaze of Apollo" A powerful Fragmentation grenade that defies Identification aside from minor details.

You test it in the desert and Cover your everything behind your Hematite Shield.

Your ears ring as the light covering of glass stretching out from it's crater tells you all you need to know. It seems to create a Bright flash and a loud sound, A cloud of light in the air makes it look like a lens flare is hovering where it exploded, making it hard to look at.  Several shards of sizzling metal adorn the area.

You spend some time studying the Enfeeble spell, and manage to learn it.

You split Manganese, Gaining Essence of Caricature, a small bottle containing what Wailascopography identifies as a magical element that exaggerates many unique details of something, though this often destroys the objects usability by Degenerating it's less defining features, and blank matter.

"Do you need help with that Jeanne?"

"No, I don't need your help aside from that equipment.

"I'll do what I can. You get some rest Ok?"

"You probably should as well."

You fuse Transmute Area with a pile of dirt and receive for your troubles another Dirt Brush.  for whatever reason, this one is much longer, about twice as tall as yourself, and made of an odd clay.

You have the Shovel Blight's and Mining mechs dig out a trench and place the Crackpots in it, before putting Unakite Boulders in all of them.

Unakite's mana type seems to cause strange magnetic effects on stone, but not metals or other materials. When applied to a type of stone containing silicon, it lifts into the air, and spins around it's center of gravity. It's spin is along the same axis as the planet.

You send the Mining Crew to Dig towards the Magma tubes that now are probably filled with obsidian instead.

"Dead mana's insanity only lasts as long as you have it in your system, and you seem to become more crazed than crazy.

It is commonly used in creating powerful necromantic weapons, as when it is released upon a hapless victim rather than absorbed into a user of that particular batch, it is a sweet and mercyless slaughter. Undead rising from their still living hosts, an Amazoness strangled by her own hair, a fat rogue whose stomach contents had it's final chance to enact revenge.  And that is just dead Death mana, available to anyone with a hollowed out femur, a small Fingerbone to cork it, and a children's book teaching channeling.

While I never delved deeply into that particular branch of the necromantic arts, even I are aware of it's power and capability. It can even be used on undead, undead weapons, or even completely unrelated things in the case of Non-death/life manas to enhance their power at the cost of requiring a quick hand and a penchant for psychology to tame these dead weapons.

Such as that Lightning arm I just made for example."

You add support sigil to your bed.

A Clear Steel Flamberge, a Hunk of Psychocite, and a piece of parchment that reads "Give me magical power" combined together grants you an interesting weapon.

It is a large flamberge, not absurdly large, but still heavy enough to impede you, purple tinted in color, it is still transparent, save for the very middle, where a thin line of solid purple holds tiny writing.

"My master can lift me by himself, his willpower knows no bounds."

And on the opposite side, it says "I speak only truth, my master's words hold great sway with the counsel of his magic."

The handle contains some scrap of parchment, On it reads in the same black ink you wrote the demand with; "A sheet of parchment containing the solution that was used for a recent problem of the user, The Overselling Calber, A magical weapon."  -5 Mana

-1 Mana

Spoiler: Armok Brand Testing™ (click to show/hide)

You tuck your Halfstaff in your new belt, Craft a quick sheath for your Overselling Caliber and go for a walk around town.

You start to paint a large circle around the city, until you encounter several Treasure Chests  scattered around, distracting you.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: August 14, 2015, 11:57:50 pm »

Well, time for some training. Lets use pyrokinesis and some flame charges to burn the rear-panels of the chests and nothing else...

Also, what do the forge spells split into, there must be some underlying form magic to get those specific forms produced and it must have some utility beyond merely getting a doohicky to function...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: August 15, 2015, 02:45:21 am »

I quite enjoy how loaded down with stuff we have become.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 250