- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286574 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: (Mostly-ISG) Darkness Redeemed: Necromechanic
« Reply #3075 on: August 09, 2015, 02:56:55 pm »

What exactly would a lightning affinity let us do?

Also, how tricky would it be to get the volatile crystals out of our system if we did a reset?

((Added that stuff to the pro/con list.))

As is, you can feel electricity, magical or otherwise as a dull ache outsode of your body like a ghost limb, as it is developed, Electrokinesis, vision and immunity to higher and higher voltages and the electrical effect of Volatile crystal explosions.

It would be a Project, Or a trip to someone with a proper purging machine, medicine or spell. Or developing a cure yourself by experimenting on Volatile Crystals.

Alternately, you could train your body over a long period and gain untold power from controlling the dangerous crystals.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: August 09, 2015, 03:31:53 pm »

What exactly would a lightning affinity let us do?

Also, how tricky would it be to get the volatile crystals out of our system if we did a reset?

((Added that stuff to the pro/con list.))
Don't forget the explosive phobia...

Also, would we still be able to cast with the crystal or would it interfere with our mana usage until removed? If we can still cast magic normally it's probably worth using the token, otherwise it's more of a toss up...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: August 09, 2015, 04:08:42 pm »

In theory, the turns do not seem that massively advantageous. Some of those spells are kind of juicy, it would be sad to lose the ability to turn one of our loyal minions into a temporary buff spell, but there should be a complete new set of options with the potential to be as good or better than their predecessors, and that plot armour token might be pretty nice, and the volatile crystals might actually be a good thing with some investment...

On the other hand, redoing everything is a properly painful waste of time.

Long story short, using the plot armour means getting a known set of actions and losing a token, resetting means an unknown, but presumably equal, set of actions and keeping a token. Resetting is the pure-economic choice, plot armour is the convenient and reliable choice.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: August 09, 2015, 04:13:33 pm »

You can still cast normally, It is just Absorbing  mana that starts to get into the risk factor of having explosive crystals in you, though it is only a risk once they have grown enough.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: August 09, 2015, 05:20:44 pm »

I vote reset, I don't feel confident that it is the right choice, but I am sort of curious as to how much things would change...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: August 09, 2015, 05:32:39 pm »

I say we use the token - there are inconsistencies with a different PC and i do not want to miss the new toys ... i mean the caravan.
also - following nietzsche surviving this will likely make us stronger.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: August 09, 2015, 06:00:06 pm »

Use the token and just have Galar'nt cut it out of us with a non-magical knife or sword while I use my unique non-mana healing magic to keep you from dieing. Also start producing sunstone and split some of the magnesium.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: August 09, 2015, 06:09:47 pm »

Use the token.

Ghost Muscle is just too good of a spell component to give up.

Where did the crystal come from/get introduced again?

I bet we can fuse a crystal with Designate Object to get the ability to make things explode.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 06:12:22 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: August 09, 2015, 06:22:40 pm »

When we took a nuke to the face we got explody crystals in out blood... They are the substitute for gunpowder in this magic-verse

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: August 09, 2015, 06:34:23 pm »

When we took a nuke to the face we got explody crystals in out blood... They are the substitute for gunpowder in this magic-verse

Nope, that was explosive putty. I belive we got the crystals shot into us as the result of a channeling experiment gone wrong.

EDIT: Updated the pro/con list again.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 07:50:50 pm by Whisperling »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: August 09, 2015, 07:16:01 pm »

We were carrying the crystals and then the explosion Starked them up in our blood.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 07:18:05 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: August 09, 2015, 08:52:44 pm »

Could we remove the crystals, fire them at our foes, then channel mana into them to kill people?

I think our current situation is actually better for our crystal problem, because now we can just pull it out.

If we use the token, then die before peacetime is over, will we get it back when we revert to the beginning of peacetime?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 08:54:18 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: August 09, 2015, 09:18:46 pm »

Volatile crystal was initially made through fusing Platinum and Silicon, From there, you stored some on your person after confiscating it from Harkim, took it on the mission to disarm the missile, and Got a healthy dose of Shrapnel for your troubles, which included the Volatile Crystal Shards, From there it fractured and Grew as you occasionally purged the largest ones with Nanites unintentionally.

You could make things out of Volitile crystal already, Harkim has a small growing operation for his own usage after all, and ironically probably knows more about it than you.

You could with training probably Learn to fire them from your body if that is what you mean.

Pulling out the crystal doesn't fix the tiny tiny bits left over that will in a few months grow off of your own natural mana back into more sizable crystals.

Yes, if you use the token and then die afterwards, you regain the token, against my better judgement.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: August 09, 2015, 09:27:18 pm »

Volatile crystal was initially made through fusing Platinum and Silicon, From there, you stored some on your person after confiscating it from Harkim, took it on the mission to disarm the missile, and Got a healthy dose of Shrapnel for your troubles, which included the Volatile Crystal Shards, From there it fractured and Grew as you occasionally purged the largest ones with Nanites unintentionally.

You could make things out of Volitile crystal already, Harkim has a small growing operation for his own usage after all, and ironically probably knows more about it than you.

You could with training probably Learn to fire them from your body if that is what you mean.

Pulling out the crystal doesn't fix the tiny tiny bits left over that will in a few months grow off of your own natural mana back into more sizable crystals.

Yes, if you use the token and then die afterwards, you regain the token, against my better judgement.
Hm. Well, maybe we could study the crystal to learn how to fix ourselves. What's the tally so far?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: August 10, 2015, 01:38:49 am »

The plot token seems pretty valuable, I am not convinced it would have been acquired in the absence of deus ex magma...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 250