- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286619 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: (Mostly-ISG) Darkness Redeemed: Necromechanic
« Reply #2985 on: July 31, 2015, 05:42:48 pm »

Mostly they are a perquisite to a bunch of other stuff. Also, more autonomous minions.

Most golemancy is good, so that works I guess. It just seems that since we come up with orders for the golems ourselves, the Magitech cores are kind of a waste.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: July 31, 2015, 11:03:13 pm »

Page 200!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: August 01, 2015, 02:58:42 pm »

You get a call:

"What is it? Can't you see I am getting these poor people hopelessly drunk?"

You pause for a few seconds before sheepishly realizing that no, they cannot see.

"Nevermind..."

"Well I've got some magical goop and a doomsday device both of which I am willing to sell to you."

Seems to be the weasel thing from before that gave you the compression spell.

"I like magical goop and doomsday devices."

"Who doesn't?"
"Well except Galarn't"
"And the other demon."
"I'm beginning to notice a trend."
"But I digress I have something you could probably distill into pure luck and a spacebrella."

"Space?"

You chuckle at the idea of you getting it to space this easily.

"Let me finish up here and I'll check it out."

You end the call.

You search for any Eleet bandits, but the closest is the large one with the Knife thing. All of them seem pretty crazy, though you lack the talent to measure exactly how crazy they are.

One of the bandits has a wrench instead of a hand, so you approach him.

"Hey, you any smarter than these piss-for-brains?

"I's marter than You! pish-fer-brans."

He collapses on his rear guzzling from a bottle kept in his wrench hand.

There is also one bandit wearing heavy metal boots up to his knee, they are covered in green glass.

Yet another has a bundle on his back filled with Low quality glass cannons.

One is shattering bottles with throwing knives as soon as he finishes them.

Other than that? Generic drunken rabble.

You learn Perspectivity. -2 Pontification Points.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 03:01:42 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: August 01, 2015, 03:16:03 pm »

Leave these idiots to their drunken partying and get those sweet sweet trade goods.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: August 02, 2015, 05:52:54 pm »

You decide to leave this particular group now that your initial mission is complete, and head back to base for that weasel guy's Loot.

On the way back you encounter an odd three way fight between three equally odd creatures.

Contestant number one looks like an ape, or some manner of monkey, with cloven hooves, there are 3 of them, and from the looks of their teeth, they are very carnivorous.

Contestant number two is an utterly massive bird, with a long hooked beak and absurdly large feathers stained with what seem to be years worth of prey's blood. It reeks of rot and decay.

Contestant Number three is more of those damn mirage scorpions.

The Carrion Roc devours the small creatures, but cannot catch the Mirage Scorpions, who are devoured by the creatures as they all try to combat both other sides

"Huh, Cameldogs, haven't seen a pack of those in a while. We should leave."

"Why? nothing here can kill me."

Cameldogs and the bird eat dead rotting things, do you want to test if they can make them too?"

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: August 02, 2015, 06:04:20 pm »

Grab a feather and send a false target to capture a few scorpions and go around them.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: August 02, 2015, 06:58:41 pm »

We have three flame charges, some mana, and a large bag of tricks. That should make killing these things easy enough.

Use mutate-imbued flame charges to disconnect their spines.

It worked on a room full of bandits, it can work on a few animals.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: August 02, 2015, 07:15:13 pm »

Can we adjectify the bird with "pygmy" or "miniature"? It would make an adorable pet...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: August 02, 2015, 07:57:53 pm »

You probably couldn't, considering how adjectivity works, but there is always sizification.

You belt out a purple mutate imbued flame charge, intended to kill them all instantly, the Camel dogs catch fire and begin to run about, trying to escape the mutating fire before dropping to the ground. -3 Flame Charges, -1 Mana

One particularly dirty one escapes, rolling on the ground to put itself out.

The giant bird's greasy feathers seem to absorb the fire, and it only shudders, flapping it's wings a bit before continuing on, deciding to ignore the scorpions and eviscerate it's new prey.

You decide that is a good opportunity to take your leave as well, you cast False target and command the status absorbing illusion to grab a mirage scorpion for experimentation.

You also manage to snatch a feather, the bird rounds about snapping at you, but when you back up enough, it takes the hint and returns to it's meal after squawking at you in offense for trying to steal it, consuming the entrails before cleaning it's beak off on itself.

"So, that thing was what you tested this on first?" she waves at herself as you both walk along.

"Yeah, mad little thing went crazy, and I lost control of it when I got distracted, it ran out into the desert, and now it has become a bit of an epidemic."

She stays silent the rest of the trip.

You and Jeanne make it back in due time, Harkim and... James? you think it was, are tossing valuable rocks at some weird looking umbrella.

You stop them in a panic, sending your false target and Jeanne off to store the mirage scorpion.

"Ok, so what is this about luck and umbrellas?"

"Well I've got this shit in a bottle which can apparently make shirts lucky. I don't wear clothes and my friends all wear armor so I figured you might be able to do something with it. Free of charge but if you do figure out how to make pure luck I want some for this project I'm working on."

"I also have that umbrella over there that appears to be a portal into deep space. I will accept payment in any combination of gold, jewels, magic items and a pool table."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: August 02, 2015, 08:04:49 pm »

After peering around with his one Mage Eye Gerod says "Mindy vampire babe, getting people drunk, abominations against life as we know it. You've been busy."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: August 02, 2015, 08:06:13 pm »

We can probably spend the Elbow Grease to build a pool table.  Hell, we can have minions build it for us.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: August 02, 2015, 08:53:08 pm »

After peering around with his one Mage Eye Gerod says "Mindy vampire babe, getting people drunk, abominations against life as we know it. You've been busy."

"I hope you don't count that as 'busy', considering babes, booze, and abominations against life are what I do, Heh heh."

We can probably spend the Elbow Grease to build a pool table.  Hell, we can have minions build it for us.

"Gods know I need something entertaining to do.  Designing something like that would be pretty fun."

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: August 02, 2015, 08:54:41 pm »

Magic items are relatively easy as well.

Give him an article of clothing with "support sigil" on it, and offer to put "jaded sigil" on his weapon. That should give him automatic healing, and further damage any non-undead he sticks the weapon in, right?

Make another soul orb and give it to him. (That was the magic-absorbing orb we found in our last ABT, right? It should absorb opponent's spells and let him use their mana.)

Ask him whether he wants to borrow any of our spells. Suspend a few copies of whatever he asks for and give the orbs to him so he can use them a few times.

If at all possible, give him one of those wooden communication devices for the sake of further conversation and trade

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: August 02, 2015, 09:01:28 pm »

"I was thinking more a specific pool table. In space. A space pool table. Anyway unless you get that table (and presumably billiard balls) back the oasis demon cannot know about this. He would flip. I was supposed to destroy it but I rather prefer the monster corpse I call home not in space while I asphyxiate in the distance. Well I wouldn't mind a bag of holding considering how hard it is to carry things around with only Bartholomew and angry snake women none of which have pockets. Having an extra defence against magic would be nice. Also supposing I gained access to a shard of your soul would you give me copies of spellbooks and a miniature version of that sick bed in exchange? I may have a lead."
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 10:03:46 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: August 03, 2015, 07:47:07 am »

> Scan all the weasle things items with that phsycocite scanner thing we made. As for payment, we get to know about his stuff in exchange for he gets to keep a copy and also know about his stuff, and with the scanner we should be able to get a lot of technical and reverse-engineering-useful details Mage Eye doesn't.

> We need to do Wizard Trade! What spells do you got?

> What kind of magic items did you have in mind? Any of the things Jeanne got? A Bigbot with a customized cockpit to use as power armor? Guns?

> How much mana do we have in the varius mana engines and such? Also we REALY need to remeber next time we go to sleep that we should do so *full* of mana to almost geting burn, since the mana we produce ourselves is a rounding error but on the other hand our cappaciy needs to be trained, wich hopefully this'll do.

> You want a bag of holding you say. What abaut... a book of holding? :) Lot's more organized, and we can throw in a bunch more features. Like, store one object per page, with automatic serch and an index page and a page that automatically counts coins and all sorts of stuff. Oh, and lets throw in raritanium thrusters and a golem core so it can hover in front of you and... Lots of ideas.

> Defense against magic, you say... We just made a hematite shield we don't have much use for, lets enchant that with Great Shield, will that do?

> We want tissue samples of various creatures to base clones of of!

> I also recommend a Spell Quiver, like the ones we have ourselves and also gave to Dublin.

> Do a bunch of ABT

> Learn Rayman Limb (1 pp)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 250