- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286618 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) DR Mini: Necro-Mechanic
« Reply #1425 on: February 07, 2015, 12:43:24 pm »

MS: Consult Shelder for advice on dealing with the last rat
SS: Leap over the roach, chopping the rat's head off as you fly by

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 07, 2015, 04:16:16 pm »

> Continue with the testing and excavation like you were going to before this interruption.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: February 07, 2015, 06:04:33 pm »

MS: Consult Shelder for advice on dealing with the last rat
SS: Leap over the roach, chopping the rat's head off as you fly by
+1

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: February 07, 2015, 06:31:29 pm »

Summon the GM of the thread!
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 17, 2015, 09:25:52 pm »

... what's the holdup?
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: February 18, 2015, 06:23:29 pm »

Remember that quote about jumping really well on the fountain in the Skullduggery plotline? It was a reference to Samurai Jack (metaquest). Speaking of Skullduggery, will we continue his subplot? Finally, I propse that we eventually hire actors to act out the scene in the beggining of the thread so that we don't have to end up captured by paladins to maintain continuity. Or, if we are cheapskates, we can try to dream about it.

Edit: I just re-looked at the first post. Is the first image new? If not, when was it added?

Edit Two: GM, what was the plan for the original Darkness Redeemed? Was it supposed to be an evil-focused game? Why did you stop it?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:56:34 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: February 21, 2015, 03:35:52 pm »

I won't be continuing this, but unlike my last game, i might as well give some closure, The gist of it was that this one and "The many" took place in a universe controlled by the dreams of a sleeping child, in "The many" you would eventually discover a plot by Lord winter to end suffering by freezing time around the child-god instead of simply killing him, which would prompt a new "World of suffering" according to him. Freezing time would in turn end the cycle of new worlds being made, and old ones being recycled. In Necromechanic you travel the country doing as you please, with opportunities for both good and evil actions, eventually finding that your tower has been taken over by a power hungry paladin who seeks to eradicate everything that isn't good in the world, there would have been boat scenes, the mobile fortress would eventually be retrofitted with weaponry, inciting tank battles, and the like, along with several side stories leading up to a villain being revealed who was behind it all, known as the speaking one, he attempts to assemble several magical objects in order to grant himself a physical form and take over the multiverse. Skullduggery is revealed to be the essential component in creating the backup weapon, as the players manage to destroy one of the magic objects necessary to bring him onto the physical world. The box referenced in the poem is actually the funnel, or rather the original version of it, which the speaking one used to destroy the wood tinkerer's clan, who held the secret to removing what little influence he had. The bamboo shoot is a supermassive tree that would be revealed later to have been the ruin of the stone tinkerer's tribe, and the mirror was the ruin of the glass tinkerer's tribe, the speaking one would not have been able to be defeated in the final battle if you were not very evil, as he had a great deal of experiance destroying heroes. thus, you would have gotten the bad ending if you kept up with all the hero business. along with another separate ending if you prevented his resurrection in the first place by saving skulldugery AND destroying one of the magical objects.

"Two Roads taken, One road is lost,
Three roads are gained, and each with a cost,
For others most foul the toll is done paid
On your road you discovered a mystical blade."

The two roads allude you you having the main story, and then skullduggery's story, which was temporarily lost, and would have reappeared when the other side stories concluded.

three roads are gained, alludes to the fact that there would have been three other side stories aside from skullduggery's, and each one would end poorly without some forethought.

The mystical blade is the Life sword that was the very first magical object that would have been used in the speaking one's ressurection.

As for the original, story, "The many" You would have had 4 heroes, each one representing a part of the world creation cycle, where a world would start with a great number of heroes, but each subsequent generation would have half as many, and when the last hero died it would spell Armageddon for that world.

The previous generation was Lord Aestival, (The pirate king) Lord Winter, (The main villain) Lord Fal (The necromancer you fought) Lady Spring (The main charecter's Love) Lady Lovers (A slime queen that you would have met later on) Lord Grocer (The guy who had the Edguardo bracer) Lord Shelter (King of the first kingdom) And lastly, Lord Prepared (The main charecter when he was a normal human instead of a shadow.)

Their names are a reference to the four seasons:
Aestival, Winter, Spring and Fall,
And related to them:
Grocer (Groceries, and food being grown) Shelter (Taking shelter during winter) Lovers (Animals mating in the spring) And Prepared, (Preparing for the winter to come.)

The main charecter would have turned out to have never been a hero, but rather the other four, and as such, Lord winter had been able to control Him throughout the game, which was aluuded to once or twice., and at the climax the party would have to fight him, either killing him and then fighting winter, Or saving him, in which case he would fight winter alone using his full powers, unlocked after coming to the stunning realization of his origins, while the rest of the party attempt to undo Winters spell and destroy the hourglass that freezes time, which was in turn made by Lord Prepared in the first place, before the sacred zone is frozen, and all reality is frozen with it. Winter opens the sacred zone by manipulating Prepared into making the heroes realize their power, and in turn opening up the realm where the chile lied.

Any other questions? I feel I owe that much.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 03:45:30 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: February 21, 2015, 04:20:41 pm »

D:

Why? A hiatus is fine, but this seems really drastic.

Will you be starting any other game?

I'm not sure what other questions would be, other than "identify all our items/minions fully". For me, what defined this and make me aghast at it ending is not any of this big plot stuff, but all the beautiful tinkering and science and magic system. The million shards of tiny peaceful stories about making things.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: February 21, 2015, 04:47:06 pm »

Out of all of the actions we took in the game, which one impressed/surprised you the most (Ignore the abandoning a dungeon just because of a giant mushroom please)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: February 21, 2015, 05:14:54 pm »

D:

Why? A hiatus is fine, but this seems really drastic.

Will you be starting any other game?

I'm not sure what other questions would be, other than "identify all our items/minions fully". For me, what defined this and make me aghast at it ending is not any of this big plot stuff, but all the beautiful tinkering and science and magic system. The million shards of tiny peaceful stories about making things.
Would you like your possessions identified? Y/N

I suppose those explanations of the plot would make sense if I had read "The Many", but unfortunately I have not. Can you post a link to it?

So... is Valeric related to the plot of the original Darkness Redeemed? I'm confused.

This was a great game, and I'm sad to see it go. You still didn't answer my question on why you stopped though. Was there a time limit before the world was destroyed or something?

Also, who made the portal in the Skullduggery plotline?

Finally, the first letter of the fourth paragraph of your previous post should be capitalized.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 05:17:14 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: February 21, 2015, 09:16:05 pm »

Aw, and I just got here too, but I suppose if you've lost interest/time to keep Necromechanic going then that's that.

Also, that's a lot of plot we never got to, this adventure probably would've gone on for at least a year or two longer (considering this was apparently started in October of 2014 and it's now 5 months later, that is several times longer than the story has already gone on for)... If you ever plan to do another ISG, perhaps something a bit shorter, or at least simpler would be better.

Armok, I'm a little concerned about this obsession with identifying items, it seems like at least half your in-game commands involved using identification scrolls. I think you may have a problem...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: February 21, 2015, 09:30:07 pm »

I sorta would like to know why the game stopped.

(Also Armok, you're likely going to enjoy the Mutation and Strain systems for Exponential once we get to it.)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: February 22, 2015, 12:04:09 am »

One of the primary reasons the game stopped was because a little bug Caused my current files for this to go flying right out the window. Nothing after entering the sewer is obtainable now. That and the fact that i am dealing with some depression issues that rear their ugly heads every so often, I may start another game, but With two games down the crapper, I am admittedly losing faith in myself to be consistent.

The Speaking one's minions made the portal, their names would have been Whisper, Shout and Mumble, and yes, the opportunity to turn them over to your side would have been available.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138445.0

This was The Many, It died to to it being way too freeform, and the characters got so absurdly overpowered so quickly that I could not make any realistic excuses for enemies/scenarios difficult enough to pose any threat.

If I do start another game, It will either have no overarching plot and just be a tinkerer's paradise, or be extremely limited in terms of inventory, and have a strict system for actions and combat. To be honest, I have a great idea, but once again I am not sure I will be able to finish it.

So, Bare bones or no story? I can give it one more go either way. And I sincerely hope that maybe I can revisit both of these one day when I have more experience, and apologise for not being able to power through some lost image sets.

((Also armok, you love crafting and you missed out on one of the best opportunities, the Caliber recipe Had the potential to create Excalibur, Caliburn, and then ultimately A fusion of the two, Which were all variable depending on objects used.))
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 12:11:20 am by Shadestyle »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: February 22, 2015, 03:01:31 am »

No story, and keep inventory and/or some characters from at least one of these two? Pretty please? :)

Seriously thou, you do absolutely know what way my vote goes. I'm not very complicated in my tastes like that.

But yea. I suggest not OFFICIALLY ending this when you're feeling like this. just let it rest for  few months, and see how you feel about it then?

oh and regarding The Many balance: just throw some gods at us, maybe mountain sized golems made from all those fancy metals. :p

Also I think this is the second or thid time you lose all the files? for the next one, I strongly recomend keeping backups on an USB stick and/or the cloud. especialyt sinc e the filesizes are probably tiny.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: February 22, 2015, 10:37:01 am »

Well that's just it, I kept my files open for long periods of time while editing multiple updates, and Paint.net does not autosave. Which means if anything decided to shut off my computer, there goes all my progress. the worst part being that since you cannot upload layered images or paint.net files to imgur, I couldn't use it like a sort of backup system.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 250