- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 286444 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) DR Mini: Necro-Mechanic
« Reply #1185 on: January 11, 2015, 04:46:10 pm »

You investigate the mechanical components. It seems to be Some kind of needle, with a hollow opening, A glass tank with a blending device inside,  some unknown machine with two prongs, a handgrip, and a cord hanging out of it. and and an unknown metal box that whirrs a bit when shook.

You would need a book to know where even to start on reverse engineering the robot. While it is made of a few solid parts, the parts themselves are exceedingly complex and mostly nonmagical. you aren't sure you could replicate one on your own even if you knew exactly how it was made.  Maybe the wood mechanic has a book on robots or something.

Fiddling with the golem core, You conclude that it would take some more study to learn to edit Cores. You add your theory to the blank pages in the back of your golem crafting spellbook.

They seem to be perfectly normal statues of Flowing waves, crescent moons, and trees with no leaves, They are very beautiful.

You test the mechanical guns, they seem to use some kind of Highly tensile material combined with a Crank in order to fire tiny metal pellets at high speed. - 2 pellets

You give a drop of Miracle serum to one of the criminal zombies, It's entire body balloons outward, and the skin splits open as muscle and fat burst from it. The entire thing is on fire the whole time. It is now a very fat smoldering corpse.

"After the fight was over, The runes kept disappearing, and when all of them turned black, Fenrir's summon faded."

You pulverize a skeleton worth of bones using a tombstone and a steel lump. -1 Skeleton, +1 Pile of Bone shards. -2 Elbow grease.

You mutate blood cattle, taking him out from under his tarp. Witha bit of fiddleing and some memory manipulation, He is now Fiercely protective of Harkim, And keeps a constant eye pointed in his direction.

"Yes sir, I will study this serum to the best of my ability. Just from a glance at the evidence, it is clear that it was the cause of those fat zombies. If you could graciously grant me 4000 Gold, and a clear room, I can purchase equipment to work on refining and studying it much more efficiently when we get to town."

Judging from the gun you Tested, It is made from a Steel box, An adamantine gearbox, an iron crank, and some kind of Complex mechanism made of Adamantine and mysterious Strands of an unknown material.

You decide to Learn the command for purifying metal from ores. -1 Pontification point.

"Hmm. Tough to decide what other spells I should learn so here is my thoughts.

Craft tissue could be good, in case I needed something to Patch up my Zombies. but other than that, It just wouldn't be good enough on it's own.

Near death is a direct attack spell, I have no direct attack spells, Ten out of ten definitely.

Salvage would cure my "Useless crap" woes, Since I could salvage anything I don't use into raw materials, Which would help immensely in saving space.

Engrave runes would let me enhance basically anything metal with any of my spells so long as it had a mana supply to fuel the runes.

Advanced raise dead would let me Just skip over the organs, and raise the muscles only, saving quite a bit on mana, and I could raise specific organs on their own, and use them in machinery, probably.

Craft basic shape would be great if salvage and purify were paired with it. I could turn all my junk into metal bricks, or cannonballs, Or poles, The possibilities are endless, so long as it is a basic shape.

So all in all, my ideal kit would be;

Craft Basic Shape, Salvage, Engrave Runes, and Near death.

Does this sound good?

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells/Strategies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill books (click to show/hide)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: January 11, 2015, 07:47:30 pm »

> Learn those spells!

> Head an hour into the wilderness away from your wagon, start the process of making 50 identify scrolls like you did erlier, run to a safe distance, have an expendable skeleton fetch them from the magic depleted hell-portal when done.

> Divide up the exploded zombie by tisue type into individual usable muscles and stuff

> use identify scrolls (regardless of if previous plan worked) on: Mechanical component, each reversibly detachable part of the robot separately.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: January 11, 2015, 08:22:52 pm »

Near death because direct attacks are superbly needed.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: January 11, 2015, 08:23:07 pm »

Perhaps we could just use identification scrolls as needed? They don't cost much and we have plenty in excess plus I think Shadstyle gave us some leeway there, I think we'll end up with a fight on our hands if we do that again.

Also, get a skeleton and Luggage on the job of processing all the metals (As well as salvaging broken parts, like the robot arms, legs, the metal plates Etc, not the mechanical components, however), form everything into solid bars and do not mix the metals together, while doing this, store each kind of metal into a separate chest, to help with space issues.
"Oh, hey, Harkim, just to let you know, this guy is going to be your protector for now, and he is fiercely protective of you, so he'll probably give his life defending you.

Oh, and wizard butler, I'll see what I can do, I certainly have plenty in excess, but- and don't take this the wrong way but I need to fix that kid up with some proper tools, it probably will cost far less than 2900 but I need to be on the safe side considering he will probably grow up to be one of the most powerful necromancers the world has ever seen.

Also, couple questions, can blood cattle speak properly now? And would the creatures from False life count for the true resurrection spell?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 08:31:03 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: January 11, 2015, 09:24:55 pm »

You learn the aforementioned skills. -4 pontification points.

A skeleton, and luggage get to work on Turning your junk into materials.

"Bringing something to life that was never alive in the first place? I'm not sure. Most stable resurrection spells require the spirit if the deceaced. Homunculi have no souls of their own. It would take some doing, but if it did work... Well, The term i believe is "Playing god".

The point is, using Daged's research notes, I am sure I could develop a spell to resurrect even Creatures made from false life.

Not sure if Blood cattle can speak, That mask garbled anything he would had said."

« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 10:38:56 pm by Shadestyle »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: January 11, 2015, 09:44:08 pm »

Ask heifling if we could use his soul to create another soul powered undead such as butler.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: January 11, 2015, 11:06:16 pm »

Halfling? Ohhhh, Heiflam, we've already left his castle, so I don't think we can ask him anything for now.
Anyway, that fourth little mechanical machine seems like it could quite nicely be used, make a big magic vault that can store obscene amounts of death magic, and we would probably be set for death magic.
Still, that would require a lot of bones, so that's something for later.
Give the syringe to wizard butler for future testing the weird goop on subjects and...
Did we forget about the princess?
I hope not.

Anyway, I think we should continue on our path for now, we've...
Actually, take out our changing sigil tarp and form some nice steel armour for Blood cattle, then continue.
Alan help.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: January 11, 2015, 11:29:09 pm »

> inject another droplet of serum into one of the purest pieces of muscle.

> Use Basic Shape to make bunch of huge, thin silver bowls. Engrave crackpot sigils to them. Add a Sustained Flame Inhale to one, and the two bone plates to another.

> use mutate and/or changing sigil to attach 200 pound of giant muscles directly to the cranks, then animate them.

> Engrave Runes of Flame Inhale + Near Death on the metal tube the alchemical recepie came in.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: January 12, 2015, 01:48:37 pm »

SS: Onward!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: January 13, 2015, 07:38:05 pm »

You inject a drop of the serum into one of the pieces of muscle, It balloons outward until you can faintly see the individual muscles.

Basic Shape can only make basic shapes as you might have guessed. Any regular polygon, A cylinder of any length or width, a sphere of any size, or a rectangle of any size, they can be filled or hollow.

You use Mutate to attach muscles to all of the cranks, With a bit of finagling, you manage to get all of them working, But without some protection, and a source of fuel, they will eventually rot to the point of uselessness, or cease function. -200 pounds of muscle. -3 Mana

You engrave Runes of Flame Inhale and Near death on the Metal Cylinder, the runes are flawless, and convey the purpose of the device perfectly. -what will you call this contraption, and what is it supposed to do?- -1 Mana. Artifact created.

You add "Giant death magic battery" to your blueprints.

We did not forget about the princess, She is playing "Play under the tarp full of dangerous and expensive equipment". You cannot bring yourself to contest her decision.

With a a fair amount of muscle, You force the steel into a mediocre breastplate for Blood cattle. It fits comfortably on him. -1 Mana, -2 Elbow Grease, -2 Steel bars.

You continue on. Eventually arriving at a large pond. With lily-pad like plants in it.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 07:40:23 pm by Shadestyle »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: January 13, 2015, 07:47:56 pm »

Ask my companions why they are still hanging out with us?

Also try fording the river (never played oregon trail)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: January 13, 2015, 08:18:53 pm »

SS: *Tink Tink*(The heat star, that has to be it, try not to make any loud noises or we are all dead.)
Try to listen in on what they are saying, if they discover us, go in guns blazing.
NS: Don't ford it just yet, get our false target to walk into the water, see if anything dangerous may lie there.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 08:21:15 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: January 13, 2015, 09:34:09 pm »

> Bowls = Hollow spheres cut in half. Engrave crackpot sigils to them. Add a Sustained Flame Inhale to one, and the two bone plates to another.

> Purpose of artifact fairly obvious: Projecting attacks out when triggered, first Near Death, then a bit of fire to finish it of.

> Melt a steel bar, use Fusion Sigil to fuse molten metal + bone shards/dust. Animate it.

> Remake one fat zombie + tombstones + 1 steel bar Basic Shaped in order to make a grindstone/mill for making things into very very fine dusts overnight.

> Use the above two things to make the steelbonedust much more finely grained.

> Extract a corpses brain+eyes, mix a drop of miracle elexir and a drop of oasis water, inject and animate.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: January 13, 2015, 09:43:14 pm »

Test wether or not it's possible to harvest blood from fat zombies so we won't need to use blood cattle

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: January 14, 2015, 06:09:04 pm »

SS: *Tink Tink*(The heat star, that has to be it, try not to make any loud noises or we are all dead.)
Try to listen in on what they are saying, if they discover us, go in guns blazing.
NS: Don't ford it just yet, get our false target to walk into the water, see if anything dangerous may lie there.
+1 Purpose of artifact: Device that absorbs fire and mana and can blow out gouts of Near Death-infused flame.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 06:41:04 pm by The Froggy Ninja »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 250