Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Conscript Armor: Droids  (Read 10024 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Conscript Armor: Science Fiction Post-Apocalypyse
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2014, 01:24:04 am »

Dolivich crawls forward a bit and retrieves the hull tool from Yulvich's station. Zietboro has already moved to allow him to open the turret hatch and climb out. She purposefully leans out after him and watches out from the safety of the cupola; she isn't expecting to see anyone this far out in the country but her chest holster is unfastened regardless.

Dolivich slides off the side of the turret and drops a few feet to the pavement. He takes a step and his heart jumps as he feels something catch his pant leg. He looks down and curses as he realizes the sensation was caused by a small thorny sprig jutting from the suspension where it had somehow been caught. The man's mouth tilts expressionlessly and he tugs the branch away, tossing it clear of the road before finishing his walk around to the front of the tank. The foot and a half long two-piece hull tool is clutched in one hand, he's already screwing the two ends together to complete the handle, and it has a special head for opening the various armored access points situated ergonimcally across the hull. Despite his having done this job on a number of occasions, to his annoyance he has to spend a few seconds locating the armored panel so he can unset the flat, hardened bolt that holds it in place. He sets the perhaps 2 foot square metal plate aside and leans inside to retrieve the belt.

Zietboro leaves her place at the cupola momentarily to put the primary computer through it's paces. Hey Yul, I'm gonna put a bit of drain on. After a short pause he grunts enigmatically, probably keeping a vigilant watch on the power readouts.. For a few seconds. Then he goes back to snoring. The computer completes it's boot sequence and Zietboro inputs a short series of commands. The computer starts the process of recalibrating the radio receiver in order to check the regional topographical data from the COMBAS (Communications Offering, Mobile Base Attachment for Satellite). That should take some time, and while it's updating the vehicle needs to remain stationary.

Meanwhile Dolivich finishes the ammo swap and starts climbing back atop the tank just as Zietboro reappeared in the cupola. Zietboro looks around while the gunner stands on the hull and disassembles the hull tool. Shit, you may have screwed it on too tight.

The commander turns slowly, observing the terrain in every direction. A wide, featureless expanse of short grass as far as the eye can see, broken by the occasional dead patch. Not even tall enough to hide in, you could spot someone from miles away. It's this way across most of the continent, until you reach the coast. Out there nothing lives.

Spoiler: (L)AU-12 (click to show/hide)
Condition - Top Hatch Open
Armor
 - Forward (Thick, pocked)
 - Right (Thick, scarred)
 - Left (Thick)
 - Rear (Thin)
Electric Engine (Running Smoothly)
 - 30 Pound Battery Cell (Active, 32%)
 - 6 Pound Reserve Cell (Inactive, 0%)

Weapons
Main 100mm (Cleared) (1x HEAT, 1x SABOT)
 - Coaxial 12.7mm (0043/1000)
Pintle Dual 13.2mm (10/50) (03/50)
Forward Hull 12.7mm (0000/1000)

Inventory
P22 9mm Service Pistol 05/10
 - 1x P22 Magazine 00/10

Inventory
Various Compact Cassette Tapes

Inventory
3x Cigarettes
Personal Lighter

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2014, 04:57:03 am »

Mumbling to himself Anston sits up, and begins to mess about with the hull mounted 12.7mm.

Examine the 12.7mm and see if I could modify it to fire scrap instead of bullets.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2014, 05:08:30 am »

Mumbling to himself Anston sits up, and begins to mess about with the hull mounted 12.7mm.

Examine the 12.7mm and see if I could modify it to fire scrap instead of bullets.
Specifics on "scrap"? What do you have in mind?

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2014, 11:19:28 am »

Is there any room in here? I would love to be part of this. I could probably be a commander.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2014, 12:07:30 pm »

Only adwarf, strife and USEC were pre-war tankmans, but yeah go ahead and sign up. As soon as they decide to do stuff interesting things might start to happen.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2014, 03:01:16 pm »

Specifics on "scrap"? What do you have in mind?
Just like bits of scrap metal, I'm think pressurize it and make it a pneumatic scrap MG basically.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2014, 03:37:17 pm »

Hm. Accuracy and damage would be questionable but if you can find a way, sure it's possible. You need something to generate and contain the pressure, you could probably achieve that by creating some kind of airtight chamber that connects to the barrel with a pump attached to it. The MG would probably not be usable for 12.7mm after you were done with it, since you'd need to basically remove everything behind the barrel.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2014, 03:40:04 pm »

((I was thinking of something like a blunderbuss ))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2014, 04:35:25 pm »

((That wouldent work well in a gun with rifling.))
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2014, 04:38:18 pm »

In general any projectile being fired from this gun that isn't fitted to the bore is probably not going where you want it to.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2014, 05:42:14 pm »

In general any projectile being fired from this gun that isn't fitted to the bore is probably not going where you want it to.
And if I'm actually firing it they're probably so close it doesn't matter :P

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2014, 08:37:49 pm »

Just making it clear what my ruling is on this so that when someone acts surprised when the gun does something unexpected I can go back and point at this and say: "I warned you!"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2014, 01:49:12 am »

* GUNINANRUNIN bumps USEC and Strife with his face.

If nothing happens soon I'll just push you guys in a direction.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2014, 09:59:08 am »

Rolf grumbles, "Well? Are we going or not? If I knew that we were to be spending all day here I would have laid out a blanket outside and not be so cramped in this tin can for hours on end. Bah, still better than nothing I suppose. Could use more leg room though."

((Honestly I've been waiting for our fearless leader to push us to a direction. Pretty sure I've made it clear that Rolf wants to get his looting on.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2014, 10:31:10 pm »

*checks his watch* Okay while we're waiting on Strife, everyone in the character pool pair up. Pick a partner and I'm gonna start you guys off.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 10:32:45 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9