Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Conscript Armor: Droids  (Read 9995 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Conscript Armor: Droids
« on: October 17, 2014, 04:32:28 am »

CONSCRIPT ARMOR

In the bureaucratic dystopian (à la Paranoia) world of Conscript Armor, three players take the role of the crew of a tank. AFTER the apocalypse. WAY AFTER the apocalypse. No one's even really sure what happened but someone probably pushed buttons somewhere because things exploded real good. You're pretty sure a lot of people died.

You live in the country of WM-22, which resembles a modern day France in it's geography and climate. An isolated continent surrounded completely on all sides by an ocean, it mostly consists of cities of grey square-shaped buildings populated by snarky, cynical, genre-savvy humans and non-sentient worker androids. They were at war with HV-116 across the ocean when the largely genocidal apocalypse happened, creating tons of paperwork with no one to fill it out and causing complete civil collapse.

You guys were part of the state-mandated conscription. They forgot to train you or they made budget cuts or whatever and you were assigned together to (L)AU-12. The genocidal event occurred, and from that point on it's been every man for himself.

Driver - "Do you know what this button does? How about this panel over here? Exactly, so don't tell me how to do my job!"
The driver drives, he knows every inch of the tank and how it works. Kicks ass at understanding mechanical things and applying them to make stuff tougher and pointier. Has a tendency to lose rock-paper-scissors whenever someone has to make a run outside the tank.

Commander - "Mutants? I don't give a damn about how many mutants there are! You assholes'd better finish brewing my damn coffee first!"
TC makes everyone else get out and push while he kicks his feet up and listens to Zep. He's also the one who has to stick his head out the tank daily and he's in great shape from braining scavengers who try to clamber on his hull, so you damn well better show him some respect. Else you'll get the wrench. He's also a whiz with computers.

Gunner - "ZZZ"
The Gunner lays the main gun and aims and whatever. No one really cares what he does. Knows everything there is to know about deathtubes and is generally knowledgeable about !!SCIENCE!!, including chemistry, metals, creature species and anatomy, and how those things react to stuff fired from deathtubes. Is the second best with computers and electrical stuff.

Universe

Picture 1970s America. Except digital tech was never a thing, all electronics remain analogue. Here's a bunch of stuff from Alien:Iso to give you an idea of what the general aesthetic is.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's all kinds of awesome soft science tech and baddies but other than that stuff's pretty realistic. Do your best to be as lazy as possible while you're surviving.

Code: (Character Sheet) [Select]
Name: Pick something that sounds good to you
Appearance: Describe your body, features, clothes and demeanor!

There will be more than three players. Anyone who signs up will have a chance to appear in the game as mainstay characters who team up with the tankmans! The three tankcrew spots are pretty much already spoken for anyways:
Code: ((L)AU-12) [Select]
Driver: Adwarf
Commander: Strife
Gunner: USEC

Spoiler: Character Pool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 12:14:42 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Conscript Armor: Science Fiction Post-Apocalypyse
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 04:35:37 am »

First.
PTW
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 06:06:46 am »

Ooh. Can I grab the gunner spot?

Name: Jeff Puller
Appearance: Short, very tan man with black hair who always has a smile on his face. He's always wearing a cobbled-together flak jacket and a too-big helmet, saying that they will "protect his precious squishy body". Is a wee bit paranoid, after an unfortunate incident involving a surveillance system, a toaster, and enemy fire.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 04:59:29 pm by GentlemanRaptor »
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 12:57:06 pm »

Only if you think you are science enough. Adwarf and I have been discussing who is the most science on the forums.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 01:10:31 pm »

Name: Aedan.
Appearance: Has red hair, green eyes, an Irish accent and is pissed that someone drank all his whiskey. Wears a T-shirt under a leather jacket. He wear an army helmet that can be set on fire in case of emergency.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 02:21:54 pm »

Well, I did build a secret underground laboratory in Murdermachines, complete with lava chamber, day care, danger room bloody spikes of death room, and a sacrifice chamber...
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 02:24:32 pm »

Im in, writing up now.

Name: Everett Owen
Appearance: Short, stocky, covered in black hair. Obsessed with stores of space, wears cargo pants and boots. Brought as many books as he can shove in his pockets.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 02:26:23 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 04:07:10 pm »

Question: how do you picture the 3D visualiser and the other computer tech working without digital technology?
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 04:13:53 pm »

If you look, the things in the images he showed technically are digital. Mostly analog, but theres digital things in there too.
Highly Opinionated Fool

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 04:53:46 pm »

Name: Rolf D. Dolivich
Appearance: Of average height and his build borders on fat, but with just a hint of muscle that shows that is isn't as weak as he seems to be. He has short black hair, a short black beard, and beady, blue eyes. His outfit can only be described as post-apocalypsic hobo for he is covered in several layers of ragged, faded clothing with immumerable pockets to hide junk in. He also has a giant pack full of 'wares' on his back, which he tries to peddle to anyone who'll listen. He can usually be seen wearing a faded blue uniform with a vast array of medals pinned to his breast, which is odd because most of his medals seem to be handmade out of solder and scrap iron. His uniform has also been altered slightly, so that he has plenty of pockets to hide bits and pieces in. To top off his look, he has a faded blue, wide-brim hat on his head.

Obviously I'm in, as this sounds too amazing not to join.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 08:32:11 am by USEC_OFFICER »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 05:23:05 pm »

Question: how do you picture the 3D visualiser and the other computer tech working without digital technology?
I don't know.

There's all kinds of awesome soft science tech and baddies but other than that stuff's pretty realistic.
But if it sounds cool and fits with my aesthetic, it's in.

E: I'm no expert. I'm under the impression that you can do most of the same things with analogue as with digital, your device will just be less efficient and/or bulkier.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 05:26:56 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2014, 07:24:54 pm »

Name: Georgia Zietboro

Description: A no-nonsense professional of the armored corps, Zietboro's a lady of average looks and brown hair shoved underneath a CVC helmet. She's a serious stickler at making sure her crew regular change their socks, but is always found wearing the same set of coveralls, held together more with thread and repair jobs than original fabric at this point.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 07:30:37 pm »

Name: Hank Munson

Description: Hank has green eyes and messy brown hair. He stands at a 6' 2" when standing upright, however, as one of the field mechanics, he is usually hunched over fixing something
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2014, 07:38:17 pm »

I don't know.

There's all kinds of awesome soft science tech and baddies but other than that stuff's pretty realistic.
But if it sounds cool and fits with my aesthetic, it's in.

E: I'm no expert. I'm under the impression that you can do most of the same things with analogue as with digital, your device will just be less efficient and/or bulkier.
For all I dislike Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor, it had an interesting look at a world with modern tactics but analog systems (some virus ate all the silicon). The VTs, or Vertical Tanks, are clunky diesel powered machines, but the designers did the best they could (CRT displays, vacuum tubes, etc.)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 07:40:52 pm by GentlemanRaptor »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 07:40:32 pm »

Looks like theres enough for two tanks.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9