Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 52

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - IC Thread  (Read 58825 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« Reply #345 on: December 24, 2014, 01:46:32 pm »

Ava gave a small smile to Osirio.
"Zhat is good."

She regarded him a minute.
"You look tired. Did you sleep poorly?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 24, 2014, 02:33:54 pm »

Osirio scratched the back of his head. Then he leaned toward her and spoke softly, so only she could hear.

"Ah, well...the room sounded as if you were wielding a hammer in your dreams last night. You snore in your sleep."

He folds his arms.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 24, 2014, 03:10:44 pm »

Without a change in her facial expression, and equally quietly, Ava responded.
"You are miztaken. I do not znore."

The notion she did, for some reason, annoyed her immensely, and she was careful not to let it show.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 24, 2014, 03:16:55 pm »

*whisper, whisper*

"I suppose there was a Dragon sleeping in the loft above us, then, ey? Osirio must have merely imagined that sound, like roof was about to fall in and crush him."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 24, 2014, 03:23:38 pm »

Ava leaned in close, whispering back.

"Maybe zhat wound you took has poizoned your blood, and given you a fever of zhe mind. I can give you zome bloodletting to let zhe poizon out if you vish. Maybe aftervard you vill not be hearing false zhings."
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 04:00:55 pm by GiglameshDespair »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 24, 2014, 03:47:53 pm »

Osirio leans in too.

"Maybe Osirio can fix that unhealthy rumbling noise your nose makes by cutting off your head, little-snow-girl. Then, he will sleep so more fitfully."
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 04:01:56 pm by Dwarmin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 24, 2014, 04:00:40 pm »

Ava leaned closer in, until they were almost butting heads.

"If you want to sleep vell, I vould alvays be happy to help with a blow from my hammer, zhough I can't promise you'd vake up. Maybe that's zzomething you'd like."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 24, 2014, 04:06:22 pm »

Osirio matched her movements, his usually calm grey eyes blazing like fog-lights.

"Osirio thinks your snoring would waken him even if he was dead-perhaps he should take the precaution of having you buried, so those of us still alive can get some sleep."
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 04:25:51 pm by Dwarmin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 24, 2014, 04:54:47 pm »

Ava's forehead met Osirios. Her eyes were narrowed now, and her eyelid twitched slightly.

"You vill not need to vorry. Maybe vhen I turn your head into an ornament for my hammer I vill be zure to have cut off your ears virst."

All this exchange, of course, had been whispered. Maybe from a further away perspective, it would have seemed sweet - two leaning in together, eyes locked, whispering.

Unless one of the other members of Osirio's Bold Men stepped in, though, there very well might be more than words exchanged.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 24, 2014, 06:14:32 pm »

"I'm... Not very good with Saps you know? Perhaps I can simply... Help somehow. You don't need to fetch me one." Culpa said before his captain left.

"Hey..." Culpa inturrupted the conversation "I hate to break up the married couple but we have other things to do don't we?"
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 24, 2014, 07:27:40 pm »

Ava leaned back with a hmmph before her anger melted like snow in a furnace.
"Very vell. Do not vorry, Culpa. I vill deal vith our voes."

She strongly considered using her hammer anyway - hitting non lethally was more difficult, but few remained standing after, alive or no.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 26, 2014, 04:31:01 pm »

"...Gnome, do you have any more of the hot-waking-up potion?" Osirio says, while rattling his empty mug-referring to Ari's alchemical concoction of roasted beans and hot water.

"Elf: no more of this batch, no. Luckily I need more. Or something stronger. Gah. Are we going right away? If not perhaps we could find one of these mining crews and interrogate them. Find out what they're doing. Or another way in. Anyway. Not the time for quickwitted planning. Let's go."

Let Osirio have some coffee. Accept a sap and tag along, massaging my temples.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 27, 2014, 09:28:31 am »

Ava leaned back with a hmmph before her anger melted like snow in a furnace.
"Very vell. Do not vorry, Culpa. I vill deal vith our voes."

She strongly considered using her hammer anyway - hitting non lethally was more difficult, but few remained standing after, alive or no.

Osirio hmmphed as well, turning away, trying to control his temper. He noticed his hand had been clenching the tabletop, leaving a peculiar purple indent where he had released some of his cursed magic in his temper...well, he supposed the owners of this place had better have bought insurance.

He thought for a moment, tamping down the anger. Stop, and think, had been his training...he had never known a woman so stubborn. Even to the point of denying reality! Even more so, he had to wonder...after awhile of simmering, he turned to Ava and started again, modulating his tone to be somewhat softer and more placatory. It seemed to him that his biting sarcasm quickly stoked her rage, so he tried to keep that down. He spoke to her quietly again.

"...Alright, so the fact that you snore, is a point I will admit is under some contention. The question is, why does this thing bother you so much?" He asked, genuinely curious.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 09:46:46 am by Dwarmin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 27, 2014, 05:42:58 pm »

Why did it?

In truth, it was more she didn't know the words. The idea of snoring was abhorrent to her. Maybe as a child, she had hated and feared someone who snored, but she did not recall. The White Days had had a long a reach, and she had no great wish to remember her childhood. But for the naturally taciturn woman, speaking in a tongue not her own, she couldn't explain. Ava regarded him with eyes calm once more, locking any emotion behind a stoic mask.

She hesitated for a moment, before slowly saying "I do not think I can explain vell enough. Maybe zome ozer time, Ozirio. Common is not my tongue. Giantspeak is."

She paused again before adding: "Of courze, zhe matter is moot, as I do not znore."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 28, 2014, 01:15:55 pm »

"Undoubtedly." Osirio quips, in a tone as dry as the deserts of his homeland.

Still, his body language suggested he was mollified for the moment. She seemed to be genuinely at a loss-literally or emotionally-to answer his question. He felt a a small measure keen pity for her, mixed with greater amount of more prodigious hawkish curiosity.

He decided at that moment he would have to learn Giantspeak. He knew it was similar to Dwarven and Terran in certain regards, but he only knew certain trade words in those languages, ones he would he be hard pressed to recall. He couldn't hope to understand her in any meaningful regard until he understood the subtle nuances of her own tongue...er, language.

Most telling, the book (Osirio is often seen reading) in his hands next time he gets a free moment will be titled "The Ways of Maat and Maug-Understanding our Tallbrothers"

[End]
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 01:26:57 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 52