Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 52

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - IC Thread  (Read 58823 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« Reply #330 on: December 17, 2014, 04:02:57 pm »

"Given the trouble we are being in, Osirio has no doubt he will have need of a life-debt soon, or late...

Yet, he would have hoped to show you some reasons to stay, at least for a time."
He comments.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 17, 2014, 04:19:11 pm »

"I vill at least stay until zhis business is done, and you have your place in the Zity Guard. Maybe until you find a vife, like you mentioned earlier. Zhere is still time yet to find a reazon. And if not, I am sure I am replacable, vunce you have your position."

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 17, 2014, 04:27:11 pm »

Osirio agrees with a wave of his hand.

"Yes, as you imply-the future is unknown. You still have your debt, and I still have yet to find my place. We will do these things, but for now they remain a time away. I do warn you, I am not easily deterred. If I find your continued services invaluable, I may very well take a great effort to keep you in my company." he says, the left side of his mouth twitching in a smile.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 17, 2014, 05:04:54 pm »

She let out a small rumble of laughter. "If zhis vedding is just a small scheme of yours, I am left in vonder of vhat you might try to keep me."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 17, 2014, 05:22:57 pm »

Osirio heard the basso-profundo of Ava's laugh with a hearty smile.

"Ah, the fabled Laugh of Avalanche. Osirio is glad in his heart, to hear it again, and fortunate it is not followed by a hammerfall-thankfully, for our guests."

Osirio suspected the last thing many had heard was her laugh.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 23, 2014, 11:09:02 pm »

And so the night draws to a close. Soon, morning arrives; though given the late -- er, early -- hour that sleep finally came, you wake a considerable time after the sun rises. The party meets outside the Bludleter's Buut, Culpa swallowing his hatred of orcs for the time being. Ari is nursing a severe hangover, given he's drunk enough to put even the most alcoholic dwarf under.
Doing some basic reconnaissance, you find that the noble at 255 Hallas is known to be a bit of an eccentric. His surname is Arias, though you can't find his first. He's hired several mining crews, stating that he intends to enlarge his basement. There's a few links between him and criminals, though most could be chalked up coincidence and rumors. You do manage to find information about a servant's entrance. It might serve as a suitable entrance point.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 11:17:57 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 23, 2014, 11:14:23 pm »

Culpa, being a man, mannily mans up to mannily ask his fellow man, Osiro the following manly question: "Any thoughts captain?"

Yes, truly this, the manliest of questions puts to rest any further mistakes of Culpa being a female. Which he is not.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 24, 2014, 09:52:28 am »

Osirio blinks like an owl, hiding from the sun in a shady corner.

"Seems good enough. We need information on the staff, however-we want to infiltrate when the place is least...occupied...better chance we get a man alive, which Osirio intends to. The underlings do not matter."

He yawns.

"...Gnome, do you have any more of the hot-waking-up potion?" Osirio says, while rattling his empty mug-referring to Ari's alchemical concoction of roasted beans and hot water.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 24, 2014, 10:30:37 am »

Ava seemed only mildly put out from the drinking that she had undergone, or maybe she was just too stoic and grouchy normally to show much difference.

"Couid ve not just visit him? Then ve kill zhe guards and beat him until ze talks."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 24, 2014, 10:43:49 am »

"We have to catch a man first. He may try to run while we are being occupied by the hirelings. If he gets away, we've done nothing but expose ourselves to the cult, and killed a bunch of weaklings.

Thus, Osirio thinks we should attack at a proper time, when his many are absent, or asleep."

Osirio hadn't actually drunk very much last night, but he hadn't slept very well-due to Ava's snoring, which it turns out was also like an avalanche.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 10:45:52 am by Dwarmin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 24, 2014, 11:34:07 am »

"An ambush, zhen. I break zhe puny door and vhen he vuns the drow and zhe gnome ambush him. I kill his men."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 24, 2014, 11:58:02 am »

"A good plan...but, we shouldn't have to break down any doors, hopefully."

((Speaking of which, how big is this place, how many stories/entrances in all? Is this going to be a single scene, or more like a mini-dungeon?

Also, do we know what the guy looks like we're supposed to kidnap? :P I'm willing for a retcon of them giving us his personal description.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 24, 2014, 12:17:40 pm »

Osirio thinks.

"Let us make our final preparations and make an attack at nightfall.

I need to make some purchases...a good pair of chains, a decent lock, and a few lead-weighted saps. Good for taking a man, if he's not good enough to avoid being taken.

Ah, I will need but 5 gold from each of you, as this will deplete my funds entirely. Osirio has no doubt he and you will be able to recoup his costs with the job, however."

Action: Osirio goes and purchases four saps, one for every team member who doesn't have one.

He also buys a pair of manacles, with an average lock.

Total Cost: 60 Gold
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 12:20:28 pm by Dwarmin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 24, 2014, 01:27:17 pm »

Ava handed over the gold without complaint.
"Are ve avoiding killing? It vould be more secretive if ve killed any vitnesses. I am not sneaky." Her tone had a hint of distaste. Fighting without killing someone just wasn't right. She covered her face as a matter of course, but there were only going to be so many blue-armoured snow-barbarians with a giant hammer in the city.

She didn't like the idea of leaving her hammer behind, but it was very distinctive. She could use her knife, she supposed, and with her magic it should make up for the less deadly blows.

"If ve must fight without bloodzhed, get me a larger zap zhan the vest of you. Veapons are easy to handle vith the blessing of my god."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 24, 2014, 01:33:46 pm »

Osirio nods.

"Only the noble need be taken alive, if that's possible...

It's better if we kill everyone else, as you say. You need not hold back against the rest of the scum, Ava."

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 52