Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 52

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - IC Thread  (Read 58803 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« Reply #375 on: December 31, 2014, 12:39:28 am »

"He vas a victim of me. Zhe heart does not matter vith a crushed skull."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 31, 2014, 12:55:40 am »

"I was wondering if that would diminish the victory of slaying him. I suspect, now, that this wasn't the case. But it is relatively important for us however. We don't know how long you have left. Hm... Though if this demon escapes your heart condition will be the least of our worries and, I suspect, the greatest... Because we'll all be dead... From the demon... So they'll be the same... Because we're dead..." Culpa slowly trailed away. Being dramatic had never been his strong suit.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 31, 2014, 01:30:11 am »

She snoorted. "I am not about to drop dead any minute, priest. I have a greater death in ztore for me. Vhat about you, priest? Vhat do you vant for a death?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 31, 2014, 09:54:13 am »

Osirio enjoyed the byplay with a sly smile, watching silently. It had seemed everyone else in the party was afraid to speak to Ava. At least the priest wasn't afraid of the hammer!

As for his own thoughts, he thought that repairing a heart condition really was the sort of thing it would take a miracle to perform-from what he knew, Gods tended to reserve their powers for injuries and sicknesses of a temporal nature, obtained more or less from your and others free wills and random consequences-things like blood weaknesses and old age, that you were inherit to suffer from as a mortal, they were much less likely to help with. He thought it had something to do with the whole celestial balance thing, how if every God began improving their worshipers to much, eventually there would be no mortals to worship them-only demigods, who didn't really need the Gods help anymore.

Or maybe he was just being cynical.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 31, 2014, 01:10:55 pm »

Culpa took several moments before he answered "I don't want to die. I'm still a bit young to thing of things like that I think. But if I had to choose... I'd prefer to die helping my god."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 31, 2014, 01:25:35 pm »

Osirio claps Culpa on the back.

"A very Priestly answer, oh priestly-one. But, what does your God want you do? You can find specifics, among friends.

I admit, I know little of your Hex-tor, except he is God of War, and has many hands."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 31, 2014, 01:28:36 pm »

"For now I'm simply atoning for my sins. Before I worshiped Hextor I worshiped his half-brother you see. The two are not on the best of terms to put it lightly. I... Made many mistakes. Hextor saved me where his brother would not. I do what I do now to make up for those mistakes."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 31, 2014, 01:38:20 pm »

"Ah ah ah. Don't be the evasion of the question, my friend!

Osirio knows his Goddess Wee Jas-blessed be her eternal beauty-wants him to advance law and order, be protecting and learning the arcane arts, and respecting the ancestors. She also likes flattery, as most women do, and is fond of the glory and praise as reward for her lonely duties as the Kind Shepard of the Dead.

So, what does your Hex-tor God want from you, The Culpa?"

Osirio speaks with great reverence whenever he speaks about Wee Jas, and usually rolls the small ruby skull-the emblem he wears on his neck-in his hand when doing so.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 31, 2014, 05:18:44 pm »

And so the conversation goes, branching into new topics and lines of discussion for many hours. Soon, the veil of night falls; and with it, the party begins preparations to break into the home of Arias, though earlier in the day, you do confirm that your kobold ex-captive has indeed left a message saying that they're willing to accept your aid.
However, for now you possess the equipment you shopped for, and stand in front of the gate. Surprisingly well hidden behind a hedge to the side is a servant's entrance, which is supposed to lead into a smallish complex containing servant's quarters, which connects to the house proper. You don't have disguises, so if you intend to enter there, you better hope none of the servants like their master.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 31, 2014, 07:02:25 pm »

"Vell? Unlock it, drow."

Ava could try to pick the lock herself, but she was no master with it, only having primitive tools and not much practice in the north. Meat wagons don't lock up much, and she otherwise smashed the lockboxes with her hammer.

She had pulled the scarf up over her face, and painted on her white face-paint to cover what wasn't hidden by scarf. The great maul rested on her shoulder.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 31, 2014, 10:53:37 pm »

Ithy looks at Ava from her spot beside the gate and quirks an eyebrow, face somewhere between amusement and confusion.
"Why would you assume I can do that? I don't have my lockpick with me; it was one of the many things I lost recently, and it's far too expensive to replace just yet."
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 01, 2015, 12:01:07 pm »

Ava regarded 'her' for a moment.
"Ah. I azzumed you vould have use."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 01, 2015, 03:55:22 pm »

"Ah... Well could we bust it down? It seems a waste but the surprise might send the servants running and cause enough confusion for us to reach the target."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 01, 2015, 04:08:04 pm »

"I have lockpicks myzelf. I have no great skill vith zhem, but I could try."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 01, 2015, 04:19:39 pm »