Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 52

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - IC Thread  (Read 58704 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« Reply #180 on: November 26, 2014, 08:15:13 pm »

Ava was uanble to contain her bloodlust quite so much as to miss the target on the way, however. She glanced around quickly, searching for the exit.

She held her breath so as to not inhale the coward's gas and charged the bottom left kobold. He, at least, would not be escaping.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2014, 01:39:41 pm »

Osirio, Culpa, and Ithy run for the ladder, and the latter two clamber up it, breaking free to the surface. The two of you see how the 'bolds got you before; diagonal holes in the sides of it rendered them effectively invisible. A pull cord releases a burst of the gas; it came suddenly enough that none of you could get a gasp of air.
Climbing to meet the sun, you emerge into a small alleyway between a couple tall buildings. The kobold you saw before is dashing through the streets, shielding his eyes from the sun. A small panic has erupted; people are scattering from him, and somebody's calling for the city guards.
Osirio stands guard should any of them try something, going on full defense. To your mild surprise, Ava doesn't run for the ladder; rather, she charges to kill the 'bolds.

Ava was uanble to contain her bloodlust quite so much as to miss the target on the way, however. She glanced around quickly, searching for the exit.

She held her breath so as to not inhale the coward's gas and charged the bottom left kobold. He, at least, would not be escaping.
You draw a deep breath, and charge the bottom left 'bold. The ledge provides him some cover, but you manage to awkwardly swing you maul in the small hole, killing him.

The kobolds have readied their crossbows once more; the top left can't see Ava, and so fires at Osirio. Presumably. You can't really tell, because the bolt doesn't even clear the ledge. You get the feeling he's never actually used a crossbow before today. Actually, you aren't totally convinced any of them have. The top right has slightly more luck, instead clearing the hole and hitting a wall in the general direction of Ava.
The gas has risen to become a threat. Before it can, however, Ari and Osirio manage to draw a quick gasp, following Ava's example.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ASCII Map (click to show/hide)
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2014, 04:46:17 pm »

Ava withdrew her hammer from the cubbyhole. She hadn't  swung it so much as thrust it like a spear, crushing the kobold against the wall. Now for the sword... She slung her small shield over her back and pulled out the mighty tower shield, using it for total cover as she moved to the swors and picked it up, still holding her breath.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2014, 06:13:27 pm »

Ithy sheaths her rapier, draws her sap and sprints for the Kobold (40ft movespeed go!).
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2014, 07:35:47 pm »

Culpa is caught off guard when his companion rushes off into the crowd "We should wait here for the captain!!" after a second or two he also rushes after the kobold having a bad feeling about this. He knew he likely couldn't keep up, but that wouldn't stop him from trying.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 29, 2014, 09:25:31 am »

Osirio motioned Ava to hurry up-he was holding steady, trying to conserve his air. Ava was straining herself-she was going to run out of breath very soon, and needed to get up into the light.

Ari just seemed a bit lost...Osirio didn't want to leave him, but, well...

Action: Up the ladder after Ava!

((Also, Lawas profile says he has been offline for like a week. Probably abducted by the Neptunians.
I suggest Ari be auto-ed.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 29, 2014, 11:22:26 am »

Ari is initially a bit dazed, but soon shakes out of it when he hears another thud of a bolt. At once, he begins fleeing for the ladder, pushing past Osirio and soon breaking to the surface.

Ava withdrew her hammer from the cubbyhole. She hadn't  swung it so much as thrust it like a spear, crushing the kobold against the wall. Now for the sword... She slung her small shield over her back and pulled out the mighty tower shield, using it for total cover as she moved to the swors and picked it up, still holding her breath.
Osirio waits for you to make your way up the ladder, still holding his breath. You take out your tower shield, and march forward under its protection. Soon, you're at the lizardman's corpse, and you pick up the sword. It seems like it was once fairly ornate, with what might have once been a jewel in the hilt and the remnants of an etching on the blade, but it's since fallen prey to rust and damage. However, it still holds a shard edge.

The top right 'bold has finally made up his mind, it would seem; abandoning his ally, he runs deeper into the caverns. The top left, being amazingly brave and loyal for a kobold, continues raining bolts on the party, landing a solid hit on Osirio, despite his defenses [6 DAMAGE].

Ithy sheaths her rapier, draws her sap and sprints for the Kobold (40ft movespeed go!).
You chase the kobold down successfully, and with a movement faster than the eye can follow, you bring the sap down on his head. Hard. He instantly falls unconscious, and frankly, from the sound of that crack, you suspect you might have done a bit of lethal damage as well.

Culpa is caught off guard when his companion rushes off into the crowd "We should wait here for the captain!!" after a second or two he also rushes after the kobold having a bad feeling about this. He knew he likely couldn't keep up, but that wouldn't stop him from trying.
Though you aren't so fast as to keep up with Ithy, you do manage to stay in the general area, and see her beat the 'bold senseless.

The crowd is still a but unnerved, but with the 'bold dealt with, many begin moving on about their day.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ASCII Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 11:27:13 am by flameboy99 »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2014, 11:33:08 am »

Ava backed up rapidly. If she could have killed the kobold, she would have, but Osirio was more importatn. She memorised what she could of the kobold's appearance, in case she ever encounted it again. It would die. Messily.

Go back, give Osirio cover, and leave up the ladder after he does.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 29, 2014, 07:16:08 pm »

Looking around at the crowd, Ithraeheste put on a reassuring smile and attempted to sooth them. "Nothing to worry about, fine citizens, simply a bit of sewer cleanup that got nasty. All taken care of now, no threat to anyone left."
That done, she looks over and addresses Culpa.
"Got any rope?"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 29, 2014, 11:47:50 pm »

Culpa looks at the kobold and pats his hip twice before answering "Uh, not as such I'm afraid. The best I have is my flail but that's not going to be much good I think. Maybe the captain has some rope? We could always... Well I hate to suggest it but we could break one of his limbs so he can't get away... If you're really that worried about it."

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 29, 2014, 11:58:19 pm »

"Not really, I just would have preferred to tie it up before carrying it back to the others. Alas, I am somewhat short on supplies at the moment; I... lost them after a recent... incident."
Ithraeheste shrugs, frisks the kobold for anything valuable or pointy, and starts dragging it back to the exit they just came through.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 30, 2014, 12:01:40 am »

"Uh, allow me Miss." Culpa makes to take over the dragging, or carrying, from Ithraeheste.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2014, 09:29:18 am »

Osirio couldn't exactly scream, because then he would breath in the gas, nevertheless the situation was quite infuriating. He was tired of tiny crossbow bolts!

A mad exchange played in his head as he leaped for the ladder, imagining his voice and Ava's. He didn't know why they sounded so ridiculous in his mind. He was sure it was due to the pain and lack of oxygen.

You go up first!
"You go up virst, comvrade!"
No, you go up first.
"Nooooo, you go up virst! <3 "

Action: Up the ladder before we all die!

7/13 HP
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2014, 10:05:14 am »

Ari, hearing Ithy speaking, hurries over to the unconscious kobold.

Osirio couldn't exactly scream, because then he would breath in the gas, nevertheless the situation was quite infuriating. He was tired of tiny crossbow bolts!

A mad exchange played in his head as he leaped for the ladder, imagining his voice and Ava's. He didn't know why they sounded so ridiculous in his mind. He was sure it was due to the pain and lack of oxygen.

You go up first!
"You go up virst, comvrade!"
No, you go up first.
"Nooooo, you go up virst! <3 "

Action: Up the ladder before we all die!

7/13 HP

After a little bit of a standoff between you and Ava, you grab the ladder, and climb. It's a little difficult, what with the lack of fresh air, but before long you've escaped the gas, and are breathing sweet, fresh air once more.
To your slight annoyance, the others initially seem to have wandered off, but you quickly find them gathered around the 'bold.

Ava backed up rapidly. If she could have killed the kobold, she would have, but Osirio was more importatn. She memorised what she could of the kobold's appearance, in case she ever encounted it again. It would die. Messily.

Go back, give Osirio cover, and leave up the ladder after he does.
You try to memorize the kobold, but to little avail; it's dim, his position makes him hard to see, and frankly, they all look fairly alike to you. However, you can make out a scar over his left eye. It's not a terribly rare trait among 'bolds, but it's something.
Memorizing done, you heft yourself up the ladder after Osirio, and join the party around the kobold.

Ithy and Culpa meet them halfway there, Culpa carrying the light figure of the beast towards them.

The crowd has largely begun moving on; monster attacks are uncommon, but certainly not unheard of.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2014, 10:08:48 am »

"Greetings captain. Ithy managed to capture this Kobold. He's alive so you can interrogate him if you wish. Do you have rope, perchance, to prevent him from dashing off when he wakes up? If not we were discussing crippling his legs... Though I'd prefer if you had rope."

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 52