Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 52

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - IC Thread  (Read 58688 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2014, 12:22:12 pm »

The party, finished investigating the writing, heads on through the door. Oddly, the corridor is studded with torches; perhaps something other than kobolds live down here?
Eventually, the corridor leads to a large, high room. The work here is of much higher quality than the previous caverns, seeming to have been carved out by something more skilled. Two doorways lead out, barring the one you came from. One contains a rope ladder, leading up to what you suspect is the surface. The other leads deeper into the depths of the caverns; you have a feeling of foreboding about it. Should you continue through it, you suspect you'll face many uphill battles.

Initially, the room seems empty save for you four. However, as the party reaches the middle, you notice small crevices in the corners of the room, and in each one, a kobold hunched over with a crossbow. Almost synchronized in their movements, they fire a volley of bolts, aimed at Ava's larger frame. One hits the ground and breaks, another flies just over her shoulder, and the final two punch through the armor [4 DAMAGE].
From a small, shadowed hole in the ceiling, a lizardfolk drops down, brandishing a long sword.
I wonder if anybody will notice this?
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ASCII Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:56:06 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2014, 12:37:10 pm »

"Yes," she said bluntly, not taking the bait. "But you require- gurgh!"

She staggered as the bolts punched into her chest.

((why does Ava not have a initiative?))
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2014, 12:57:37 pm »

At the sound of bolts snicking the air, and the glimpse of sun, Osirio steps forward, his flail singing, his curses screaming...he paused, chanting...and striking...

Action: Curse and Melee strike the Lizardman

---
Attack: +3 to-hit, 1d8+2 damage

Hex: Will save Dc 15, or suffer -2 penalty on attacks, saves, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls for 1 hour
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2014, 02:16:33 pm »

"I suggest you flee my friend, we have killed many of your allies today. Can we not leave the bloodshed at that?" Culpa said more for his own benefit than the Lizardman and the Kobolds.

+2 Attack, 1d8+1 damage
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2014, 02:33:55 pm »

Ava yanked the bolts out of her chest, red spraying forth. The bloody missiles clattered to the floor. She snarled, deep and gutteral, like a wolf before it leaps.

If the lizardman is still up, splatter it across the nearby wall.
If it's dead, Blood Wind the bottom right kobold. Take a step if I have to to get in range.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2014, 09:26:49 am »

"I suggest you flee my friend, we have killed many of your allies today. Can we not leave the bloodshed at that?" Culpa said more for his own benefit than the Lizardman and the Kobolds.

+2 Attack, 1d8+1 damage
The Lizardfolk begins rasping in Common, though with a heavy Draconic accent.
"You are the Sacrifices of Tolor, and the slayer of our slave-priests. Such crimes are not to be forgiven."
At the savage's threat, you send your flail hurtling towards him, and it hits with a satisfying crack. [8 DAMAGE]

He isn't down yet, though, and in a rage he swings wildly at Culpa, though he doesn't manage to land a hit.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 01:58:57 pm by flameboy99 »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2014, 09:48:39 am »

If it's dead, Blood Wind the bottom right kobold. Take a step if I have to to get in range.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2014, 10:22:38 am »

*changing*

Action: Melee strike the Lizardman, if dead, hit the bottom left Kobold.

Curse the bottom left Kobold.

---

Hex: Will save Dc 15, or suffer -2 penalty on attacks, saves, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls for 1 hour

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 10:30:21 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2014, 11:26:08 pm »

"Ithy" moves 1 square South-West, 2 Squares South, and takes cover below the ledge, Hiding in Plain Sight.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2014, 02:25:13 pm »

Ari will move three squares south east and one south. Try to get a flask of oil over the kobold and Hide! Next round try to light it. But first CLW Ithy if it requests it.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 01:47:36 am by lawastooshort »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 25, 2014, 12:24:27 am »

"Ithy" moves 1 square South-West, 2 Squares South, and takes cover below the ledge, Hiding in Plain Sight.
Slipping away in the chaos, you hide yourself in the shade of the room left by the weakly flickering torches. The kobolds are fooled; to their black-and-white vision, you're just another crag on the rough walls. The lizardfolk's eyes are sharper, however. He seems to notice you flee despite his melee with Culpa, though he can't do much to stop it at the moment.

*changing*

Action: Melee strike the Lizardman, if dead, hit the bottom left Kobold.

Curse the bottom left Kobold.

---

The lizardfolk is preoccupied with Culpa; you see your chance. With a swift motion, the guisarme blade whistles through the air, carving deep into the beast's torso, shattering scales and bones. He fights fitfully, convulsing, still trying to raise his blade it would seem, but soon gives up his efforts and embraces death, though not before a few curses are muttered.

Ava yanked the bolts out of her chest, red spraying forth. The bloody missiles clattered to the floor. She snarled, deep and gutteral, like a wolf before it leaps.

You give an invocation to Kostchtchie, but the projected swing of your maul merely glances off of the nearby wall. It destroys a decent chunk of the ledge, but the fleshy 'bold inside is untouched, if scared.

Speaking of which, the creatures have meanwhile prepared another volley. However, not all of them fire. The bottom right one leaps from his small hiding place, making for the exit. He shouts in Draconic that the Slave Master is dead, and runs for the exit to the surface. The top right one hesitates for a moment, seemingly weighing its options. The top left pulls a previously camouflaged cord; small vents flick open in the floor, releasing the gas you remember from your entrance, though not flowing nearly as fast. It wafts slowly upwards; for now, it isn't enough to affect you, but it soon will begin to.
The fourth and final kobold simply takes a shot at Culpa, though proves to be a bad shot, hitting the ground. Actually, judging from the angle, you think he was the one that hit it last time too.

Ari will move three squares south east and one south. Try to get a flask of oil over the kobold and Hide! Next round try to light it. But first CLW Ithy if it requests it.

A flask of oil flies over it; you throw it a little high, but it instead hits the ceiling and coats the 'bold instead. Lighting it will involve a little hopping, but shouldn't be a problem. The top left clearly notices you; the bottom left is too busy being shocked by the sudden rain of oil, and the top right is still pondering what to do with his leader dead.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 25, 2014, 10:28:51 am »

Ava scowled under her scarf as her magic merely crumbled the rock of the kobold's cubbyhole.

She had no wish to succumb to the cowardly rat-dragon's gas again. This time, she may nit wak, and she had no wish to meet her end - or, more importantly, for Osirio to meet his - being stabbed to death while unconscious by kobolds. Kostchtchie would spit on her soul.

Regretfully, she bit down on her bloodlust, swallowing the rage with difficulty. At least she had not been injured more... it would have been likely then she would not have stopped until all the kobolds were paste, dripping from the walls, gas be damned.

"Ve should leave, Osirio." she said, maintaining her neutral tone.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2014, 09:36:21 am »

The Half-Elves nose caught a whiff of the gas-he hadn't been able to place it in the time afforded to him before, but now it clicked-he was vaguely reminded him of a certain bitter-sweet perfume he had once known a certain woman to wear...or maybe it was so much the effects were similar. If you breathed her in, you were lost to the world...

Osiro's calm, misty grey eyes flicked over to Ava. Even she seemed to be swallowing her rage, urging a retreat. That couldn't be easy for her, though it was for him-they were betrayed, outnumbered, and facing an enemy on bad terms. Next time he would make sure they had some way to resist the gas.

"Agreed. There will be another battle, another day, a ground of our choosing. Let us be going..."

He began striding to the door on his long legs only pausing to pick up the sword of the fallen lizardfolk, but after a moment he decided to leave it-he wanted the blade, a mark of his kill, but there was no time...

At the end, he paused and swung around, his shield raised to deflect the arrows he was sure were coming-what better odds than to shoot at a fleeing enemy, climbing up a rope ladder?

"Everyone up now! Osirio's Bold Men do not run away, we merely reposition for the tactical advantage!"

Action: Stride over and guard those climbing on the ladder with my shield. Use Total Defense/Fighting Defensively as warranted. I.e I'm acting as cover for them.

Afterwards climb up myself. Toss curses liberally at every kobold I can see who is a threat.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 09:42:32 am by Dwarmin »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 26, 2014, 01:49:44 pm »

Culpa looked at the body of the lizard man and sighed "You fought well... Or tried to at least. I wish you the best of luck in your afterlife." His condolences given he ran for the exit.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2014, 05:06:11 pm »

Ithy looks up at the oil-soaked Kobold above her, shrugs, and sprints for the exit.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 52