Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 52

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - IC Thread  (Read 58706 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2014, 04:28:41 pm »

"Plenty of quiet places, I reckon. I've got a spare sack, though. Y'know, in case like."

"I've always wanted to see Bodydump Alley. Does that actually exist?" Osirio mentions. He had heard they dumped bodies there.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 01, 2014, 04:32:37 pm »

"Well, I'm not sure if the actual real name is rightfully Bodydump- actually no, it is, if I recall. Bit of a walk across town though, all the while lugging this eejit about. How about we just pop down the sidestreet here? Or we could gag the fecker, stick 'im in a bag, and go for a pint?"

Ari looked up (as he nearly always had to) hopefully (as he quite often did) and put his best convincing look on, but judged Osirio's eyes to probably not be the eyes of a man wanting a pint of mild after a hard day's work. Damn.

"Okay. The sidestreet then."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 01, 2014, 04:41:49 pm »

"You can have your 'pints' later." Osirio says, with full measures of disdain.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 01, 2014, 04:54:39 pm »

Having bent down to pick the Kobold back up Culpa fidgeted for several moments in an attempt to free a hand and rest the kobold comfortably. Having, by this point in the exchange, managed to do both he took the offered meat and bit into it almost immediately recoiled and dropped the kobold in his haste.

"Gyack! What the hell did you put on this? Alchemist's Fire is right!" Culpa seemed of two minds though and after a few seconds took another bite "Ach... This is... Ugh, not that bad but... Fire. I'm done with this... One more." Culpa took another bite and nodded lightly "Yeah... okay... Not so bad. Just... I think I won't be able to taste anything for a month." Having finished his venture into torture Culpa seemed surprised that the Kobold was on the floor. Bending over, sheepishly, he picked him up "Where are we off to? A bar or something?"
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 01, 2014, 05:01:09 pm »

"Where are we off to? A bar or something?"

"A quiet place where we can ask rat-dragons questions then leave a mess we won't have to pay to clean up. Avi knows many such places."

"Gyack! What the hell did you put on this? Alchemist's Fire is right!"

"At least someone appreciates it." Osirio says defensively.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 01, 2014, 05:16:43 pm »

"I have known of some who appreciate being bled and beaten. Maybe you are similar vith zhe zeazoning.

Vhat vill ve do about the betrayer? Ve still have to kill him."

Ava looked up, judging the time of day.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 01, 2014, 05:22:05 pm »

"Avi or Ava or Ari? Pints is pints, in any case."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 01, 2014, 05:25:48 pm »

Osirio decided not to get into an argument about how Ava could beat the seasoning. Gods above, the woman thought everything had to be fought and killed.

"Avi or Ava or Ari? Pints is pints, in any case."

"You should refer yourself in the third person more, so Osirio would remember it better."

The team was getting awfully snippy!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 01, 2014, 05:28:47 pm »

Apparently trying to scrape the spice off of his tongue Culpa chose to interject "Okay, let's get moving please. We should save our anger for the captain. My god has spoken to me while I was eating and declared we should destroy him as soon as possible. I think we can all work together nicely for that long right?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 01, 2014, 05:29:58 pm »

"Snippy or snappy, Ari would like to know - let's be getting off to a dark alley to interrify this fecker so we can all have some rest. Eh?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 01, 2014, 05:31:22 pm »

Apparently trying to scrape the spice off of his tongue Culpa chose to interject "Okay, let's get moving please. We should save our anger for the captain. My god has spoken to me while I was eating and declared we should destroy him as soon as possible. I think we can all work together nicely for that long right?"

"Your god is in his jerkybeefstuff? Can Osirio be giving Ari some?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 01, 2014, 05:32:23 pm »

"Snippy or snappy, Ari would like to know - let's be getting off to a dark alley to interrify this fecker so we can all have some rest. Eh?"

Osirio decided not to pursue the fact that Ari had apparently read his mind.

Osirio was glad they weren't talking about him. He was their captain too.

"Your god is in his jerkybeefstuff? Can Osirio be giving Ari some?"

"I have enough to share. Enjoy...little one." He said, handing him the jerky bag.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 01, 2014, 05:33:32 pm »

"Well... Um... Not quite what happened but... I would also... enjoy... a bit more if that's not an issue Cap-... I should probably point out that it was the man who hired us. Not our Captain Osiro. Either way we should get going."

Get going

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 01, 2014, 05:41:59 pm »

"Thanks," mumbled Ari, eying the dried beefthing with mild suspicion. He poked it with his finger, half expecting Culpa's god to materialise out the face of it, daft as he was sure it sounded. But said god has appeared in the tall one's mouth! Not something to be trusted, clearly. "Most foods goes better with some kind of drink or two; I'll be saving this one for later. No time for gods. But Ari is noting your generousness with dried meat."

Also get going!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 01, 2014, 05:44:01 pm »

((If you'll let me after my absence...))

"Can't we be taking him back to the watch, like - our employers? Find a little cell or something? Otherwise I might know a place... We could just stuff 'im in a sack and go for a drink. Laugh of the Avalanche, I have some blander food if you be wanting it, but me portions are terribly big, like you."

Knowledge Local check at +4 to see if I know somewhere quiet already! And then Knowledge Local and Bardic Knowledge if it'll help  to see if I've heard of the best inn round here for honest crime fighting types like we. Suggest we go there for non-fiery food.
If you want quiet, you aren't exactly in the best part of Aretrian for it. Most of the "quiet" places are found to the north, along the border between the market district and some of the finer homes. The alleys there are far from devoid of people, but most will be concerned with interrogating their own prisoners.
However, even nearby, some of the alleys and smaller side streets tend to be mostly deserted. The worst likely scenario is that an urchin will discover you. Should your memory serve correctly, the closest such road would be just a few blocks down; the 'bold is fairly light, even by the standards of a 'bold, and it won't be hard to carry him there.
As for inns suitable for heroes, there are a handful throughout Aretrian (Inns with more shady corners than planks are more common in this day and age), but most are in some of the richer districts, and tend to be pricey. The Holy Rat, however, is fairly close, and not too expensive. The patrons are usually acolytes, incognito church members breaking temperance vows, and the occasional vigilante (The latter are easily identifiable due to the painfully bright clothing they were, and before long, the large stab wounds in them). All told, a relatively good place, morally speaking, though not as far as quality goes.

"I digress-fire is the best taste. I'd prefer the burn, myself, when it comes to these things-who eats just to eat? Who loves, just to love? Boring. Send me to the long sleep. Every meal should be a battle. Every lover should carry a dagger. A life ought to be flavorful, I think-sweet or sour or hot, Osirio cares not." Osirio replies poetically, and perhaps a bit melodramatically.

"Is it really that hot? Well... No matter. We should probably get off the streets before someone comes asking questions or tries to kill our captive. Captain, do you know anywhere we could have some privacy with our... friend?"

"Abandoned warehouses just pop up around every corner...though a back alley would suffice..."

Osirio continues to nosh his basilisk, enjoying the brisk nostril cleansing flames. He offers some to Culpa, hoping the priest will appreciate his cultured fare.

Action: To a quiet torturing place, we go-surely Avi knows?
Ari leads the party to a small side street; narrow, and due to a small turn, nigh invisible from the main street. The 'bold begins to weakly stir; he isn't quite awake yet, but it won't be long.

"I have known of some who appreciate being bled and beaten. Maybe you are similar vith zhe zeazoning.

Vhat vill ve do about the betrayer? Ve still have to kill him."

Ava looked up, judging the time of day.

The buildings of Aretrian are built close, and so you can't judge as accurately as you would in the open. However, twilight is beginning to set in, and from the light, you'd say that night will soon fall.
Though you yourself would be fine, having lived in the mountains for so long, you wonder how your companions will fare; Aretrian nights can be bitterly cold, after all, and the end of fall is nearing, if you haven't lost track of the days. There aren't any trees to really judge here, though, so you might be off.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 52