Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292583 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 9: The Decisive Day
« Reply #6765 on: August 27, 2017, 03:35:59 am »

Harold couldn't help but giggle back.

: It's alright, you'll get better with practice. So, do you want to take a walk or just sit here for a bit?

Jacob looked at Albert again.

: Working with Ixion? From what you say this seems like they sold their soul for power... And the same for Ixion. That would explain such a victory on the north, and the current state of overextension. Laura, we will need to put in some serious work to bring Ixion back to what it was, to what it's supposed to be.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: August 27, 2017, 04:21:21 am »

As the sword spoke, Ketsuki swiftly pushed the blade back into its sheath.
"I am afraid of nothing, Galeforce. Be quiet, unless you wish to end up as a ploughshare."
Despite the annoyance in her tone, there was also some amusement.

She glanced up at Albert, then away. Her voice became slightly self-concious.
"It is as the sword says. You are... very dear to me. Make of that as you will."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: August 27, 2017, 04:30:58 am »

Senija put a hand to her chin.
:"I think we're fine walking around! A, uh, a romantic walk, right? I'm pretty sure that's how it works."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 04:33:13 am by Powder Miner »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: August 27, 2017, 05:58:23 am »

: Haha, yeah, let's start with a regular walk until we figure out the romantic stuff.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: August 27, 2017, 06:09:16 am »

"Of course, dad. We should move on right away, then, lest more misfortunes befall Ixion!"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: August 27, 2017, 06:26:49 am »

: Yes, there is a lot to do. But we need to plan our actions so as to not waste your efforts. After I speak with the Alberal generals, I must warn your brother, he may be in mortal danger.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: August 28, 2017, 08:42:31 am »

Tomik looked over at Jacob and sighed quietly.

"I should go talk to him some more. I'll be back though, don't worry."

Heading back over, Tomik came across the just beginning to stir form of the enemy general.

"Well now! Perfect timing. You're coming with me."

Grabbing the man by his collar and kicking any weapons out of reach, Tomik dragged him over to Jacob.

"Your former ' friend' seems to be waking up. Any chance he'll know more about what Ixion is up to?"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: August 28, 2017, 08:50:10 am »

Gerald groaned as Tomik dragged him over to Jacob.

: Ah, yes. My former "superior". He surely knows a lot of things I'm interested to hear. But first-

Jacob kneeled near the semiconscious officer and *SLAP* *SLAP*

: Owgh! Huh... what? You! You will pay for this you trai- *SLAP*

: Just wanted to make sure you were awake. Now let's make the situation clear: you're now superior to nobody, there will be none of your "friends" helping you and this man right here wants to ask you some questions. I do as well, but first I want to calm down to make sure I won't strangle you.

Gerald, still dazed from the gauntlet smacking, kept his mouth shut.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: August 28, 2017, 08:56:14 am »

Tomik nodded as Jacob started things off. He'd prefer to get through this without any torture or the like but that didn't mean setting the tone was out of place. Besides, the man deserved worse if he was part of the reason this war was happening.

"Right then. Here's the situation. You're going to answer our questions. After that we will see, but you'll most likely become a prisoner of war. You don't answer our questions and you're just dead weight."

The emphasis Tomik put on dead made his meaning clear.

"So then. To start, what was the goal of all of this? The Waygate, the war, everything. What are you up to? It's clear there's some sort of inner circle controlling everything given how little some of your countrymen know. So tell us."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: August 28, 2017, 09:21:54 am »

Gerald grumbled, but eventually answered.

: ... Everything I did was direct orders from the King. I don't question him. I don't know anything about Waygates.

Jacob intervened before Tomik.

: About that, I doubt you don't know "anything". You mentioned you're a close friend of Serafini. Want to know how I know about him? He has quite a reputation after all, being nicknamed the Mad Monk, and committing several crimes that caused ALL prophets like him to be arrested. After all it was my son, Jacob Silfursverd Jr. who arrested him! And YOU, his friend, have to know SOMETHING about it!

Gerald visibly paled at this mention, but kept being defiant.

: Look who's talking... You betrayed your commander, and Ixion, and now you're trying to teach me morals or make me feel guilty so I talk?

Jacob raised his hand, making Gerald flinch, but didn't hit him.

: My loyalty lies within Ixion, and if the King was so... reckless to put someone like you at the head of a division, then it is him who betrayed our people's trust. So I will ask only one more time, and I'll make it easy for you to answer. How did you meet Serafini, how did you reach this position, and how did the King act when, by your own word, he gave you "direct orders"?

: ... I met him, and some other people, at Strohnban. One day we were brought to a dark place, where some weird robed guys were checking some of the prisoners. This one guy, named Magnussen, took me aside and then just said "You will do." and took me to the King. Serafini and some other prisoners were there. Gerald then grabbed the side of his head and winced in pain. The King... offered us a pardon and a good position in exchange of us volunteering to something. Most of us agreed. I can't remember much more.

Jacob kept quiet, waiting for Tomik to make his assessment.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: August 28, 2017, 09:32:18 am »

"That might have been around the Waygate but... Magnussen is dead so we can't learn anything more from him. He pretty clearly doesn't know anything more about it. Still."

Tomik looked at him and frowned.

"Do you often get head pain? Or just when you're trying to remember things about that time? Also, what do you know about the deployment of the remaining troops?"

Hopefully the pain in his head would distract him long enough that he wouldn't think before answering the questions.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: August 28, 2017, 09:41:13 am »

Albert paused, listening to Ketsuki berate Galeforce before turning to him.
  "O-oh! I see." Albert paused, as if In thought. "Well.. I'm happy to hear it." Albert gave Ketsuki a small smile.
  "I know we haven't known each other for ages, but you've been really kind to me, even getting me my first light tome... So, yes. You've become important and... I hold a close affection for you too."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: August 28, 2017, 09:42:40 am »

Gerald snapped at Tomik.

: Tends to happen when you get hit with several things there. The other troops? A lot were called back when Kizamo showed up at Auroch's door uninvited. So now the King has ordered all troops on the defensive. He expected an attack like this, but a lot of the troops were bogged down. Had they returned, you wouldn't be here right now... Gerald then grabbed his head with both hands, gritting his teeth.

: That explains why I was called back from retirement. What is this something you were asked to volunteer to?

: I'm telling you, I can't remember... AAGH! Gerald started twisting from the pain.

: Hmph. Might be worth getting a healer if the pain really doesn't let him remember.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: August 28, 2017, 09:47:41 am »

"This doesn't seem natural, but you're right. Albert, do you mind coming over here? Oh and Mason, you too please. I want to ask you some things about the Waygate."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: August 28, 2017, 09:52:44 am »

Mason soon wandered over to Tomik and the commanders.

: Sure. What things?
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 538