Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 538

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. The End.  (Read 292606 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 9: The Decisive Day
« Reply #6690 on: August 21, 2017, 07:58:05 pm »

Lilly let Tomik take the weapon with no protest. Better for him to have it than her. Bemused, she followed him over to Modra and - with assistance - got into the saddle. The ride didn't last long before he guided the wyvern down among the upper reaches of the southern mountain.

"I'm fine with this. It's a lovely view, isn't it? A bit cold, though..."

Lilly dismounted as well, taking his other hand in hers and looking up at him with a small, curious smile. What did he have in mind?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: August 21, 2017, 08:17:09 pm »

Tomik took a deep breath, staring out at the view, trying to organize his thoughts.

"This is bringing back memories. Like the first time I took you up on Modra. I barely knew you and yet I was enticed by you in a lot of ways. Your voice from when we were imprisoned, how cheerful you could still be, how beautiful you are..."

He turned back to facing her, starting to turn slightly red, but he pushed through and continued,

"And then somehow you were interested in me too and everything was so amazing. And... even when things fell apart, I couldn't stop thinking about you. I was so upset at myself for hurting you. For... for possibly losing you."

His face grew serious as he walked over and took her hands in his.

"When I was warped away from everyone and was stuck behind enemy lines, not knowing what was going to happen to me or if I was ever going to see you again, I had time to think. And I guess I confirmed something I've known for a really long time. And I know this isn't exactly the proper way of doing things, but I didn't exactly have time to prepare so..."

Kneeling down, he pulled out his sword and placed it down at her feet, hilt pointed towards her. Looking up into her eyes, he smiled.

"Lillian Rose, you make every part of my life better. I cannot possibly express the joy that I find just in being around you and I cannot imagine being without you. And so I pledge my sword to you. I am yours now and forever. And it would make me the happiest person on earth if you answered yes to this. Lilly, will you marry me?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour IC thread. Chapter 8: Desperate Measures
« Reply #6692 on: August 21, 2017, 08:36:33 pm »

Kyle walks over to Catherine occasionally casting a glance to the mountains.
"So... exactly how long did you need to study that magic stuff to do all that uh..."
Unable to find the appropriate phrasing, Kyle starts making explodey noises and gestures.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: August 21, 2017, 09:33:07 pm »

Catherine had been just doing a last round to make sure everyone was topped off on health when Kyle approached.

"Well, I've been studying since I was a kid. I'm in my early twenties now. About twenty years to figure it out enough to have an impact going off experience. Probably a bit longer if you start when you're an adult, shorter if you've got the talent for it. Normally it takes much much longer to make... she mirrors the explodey gesture, "Happen, but there are some theories that using magic frequently in high pressure situations can exponentially speed up that process. ...Well, I guess they aren't theories now. I should tell Professor Kolam when I go home, he'll be overjoyed."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: August 21, 2017, 10:08:19 pm »

Kyle looks contemplative at this explanation. After a couple moment he nods in understanding.
"So it's like getting stronger the normal way basically?"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6695 on: August 22, 2017, 03:24:21 am »

"Oh, Ketsuki.." Albert quickly fixed her up, glaring at the mages while doing so.
  "It is a good staff, isnt it? I'll have to thank the Archbishop again.. Oh, but you were just equally as amazing Ketsuki. Even if I can't approve of how you wanted to stay that bloodied."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: August 22, 2017, 07:41:12 am »

Lillian had listened quietly up to this point. Tomik seemed to really be struggling to express himself and she didn't want to derail him for any reason. But... was this going where she thought it might be? Hoped it might?

"When I was warped away from everyone and was stuck behind enemy lines, not knowing what was going to happen to me or if I was ever going to see you again, I had time to think. And I guess I confirmed something I've known for a really long time. And I know this isn't exactly the proper way of doing things, but I didn't exactly have time to prepare so..."

Kneeling down, he pulled out his sword and placed it down at her feet, hilt pointed towards her. Looking up into her eyes, he smiled.

"Lillian Rose, you make every part of my life better."

"I cannot possibly express the joy that I find just in being around you and I cannot imagine being without you"

"And so I pledge my sword to you. I am yours now and forever."

"And it would make me the happiest person on earth if you answered yes to this. Lilly, will you marry me?"

Lilly immediately fell to her knees as well, throwing her arms tightly around his neck and hugging him as closely as she could.

"Oh, Tomik... yes, yes, a thousand times yes, a million!"

She pulled back just enough to kiss him quickly on the lips, then resumed hugging him.

"There's nothing I would want more. Tomik, I am so, so sorry for hurting you too, and I don't know if I deserve you, but I'm going to try to earn this. I..."

Lilly disengaged a little with a sniffle and wiped her cheeks dry.

"I just... I look back on my life as a Rose, everything I did, and I'm tired of regretting my life and everything... But, I look at you and your sister, and you're both such good people... I want to be a Cizek too."

After a few moments, she leaned in and gently kissed him again.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: August 22, 2017, 10:33:41 am »

Tomik couldn't help but let out a delighted laugh as she threw herself into his arms and made his heart light up by answering yes. He hadn't realized quite how big a ball of nerves had gathered in his chest until it disappeared as he kissed his fiancee. Pulling away, he helped wipe away the few stray tears that she had missed and smiled down at her.

"I love you so much. And our family will welcome you with open arms. You can stop being stuck in your past and instead we can start a new future.
 Together."

He gently kissed her forehead, before pulling her against her chest for a few seconds before two thoughts occurred to him. Separating slightly, he quickly said,

"Also Senija knows. I just was worried and needed her to calm me down a bit. And I know that I don't have a ring or anything but I promise that the first chance we get, I'm getting you one that you'll love, ok?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: August 22, 2017, 03:09:17 pm »

Catherine shrugs.

"Yeah, pretty much. Just involves more academic study than physical study, mostly. Were you just curious, or did you have another reason for asking?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: August 22, 2017, 03:13:28 pm »

Lilly merely made a wordless contented noise when he wiped away her tears, and stayed against his chest.

"Silly. The only ring I need is right here, and I already love it."

She meant the circle of his arms around her, where stayed for a good minute before pulling away slightly as well to look up at him.

"So that's why you ran off to talk to her."

"I wondered what she had looked so excited about."

The bard was silent for a few moments, seemingly embarrassed about something.

"So, uh... that last song I played... It was, you know, a bit of a metaphor for all we'd gone through. I just wanted to say that I used to sing without a reason; it was all I could do so it was just what I did, like how I only fought because it was forced on me by Ixion. But now... now I do have a reason to sing, something to lay it all on the line for. A reason to fight."

Lilly met his eyes.

"It's you. Us. This."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6700 on: August 22, 2017, 03:38:50 pm »

"You, too, are a powerful warrior, especially considering how it is only recently you picked up the sword, metaphorically speaking."
She looked down, and ran a finger along her sword hilt.
"Perhasp you will not approve, but when I was on the edge of life and death... I felt stronger than before. Faster and deadlier. You know my inclinations towards pain, but that was... I feel on the sword edge, there, I was the most powerful I have ever been."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: August 22, 2017, 03:45:36 pm »

Catherine shrugs.

"Yeah, pretty much. Just involves more academic study than physical study, mostly. Were you just curious, or did you have another reason for asking?"
"Mostly because I think Lilly is uh... "riding Tomik's Wyvern" and wanted to get my mind off of it. But it is rather interesting. Say, do you think you'd keep doing this kind of thing? Like after the war is over. You've found some important stuff just with the trip through the portal and confirming that theory about increasing magical ability after all."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: August 22, 2017, 04:01:35 pm »

Albert paused, taking in Ketsuki's praise. Pausing and looking down at his tome, he looked back to Ketsuki and nodded.
  "I really can't say I approve, but. I trust you.. If you feel the need to be on the edge during battle.. I won't get in the way of that." He sighed.
  "You've proven yourself to be dependable in the time we've traveled together, and I know you're no fool.. And, well.. Yeah." Albert scratched the back of his head. "... I trust you."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: August 22, 2017, 04:46:32 pm »

The (probably slightly pyromanic) mage looks at Kyle blankly for a minute, processing this, and the makes that wordless 'ooooooh' expression.

"...Well, good for them I guess. After all this is over... I don't really know. I think I'll probably want to go home and relax for some time at the first opportunity. I don't believe I've gotten a chance to properly sit down and rest since you guys found me in that village. After that, I really don't know. What about you?"
Sigtext!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: August 22, 2017, 05:03:21 pm »

Tomik smiled, a content peace in his eyes as he watched Lilly.

"I'm glad to give you a reason to sing. And know that you're my reason to fight too. To protect. After all, I'm your sworn sword now. Sworn to protect and defend and obey for as long as you'll have me."

He paused and then he chuckled.

"You're still getting a ring though, whether you need it or not. I'm going to do this the right way and plus that'll help keep all the guys away."

He smirked, clearly joking with that last line and then reached out to take her hand and stand up.

"Shall we head back down and share the happy news? I'm sure that Senija is about to explode from keeping the secret after all..."
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 538