Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76462 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #480 on: January 09, 2015, 12:06:43 am »

Fix Maurice and attempt CPR or something on Jim.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 09, 2015, 12:26:06 am »

((Kinetic amp-powered CPR seems like a good excuse to get out of assaulting someone.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 09, 2015, 02:04:46 am »

Lyra, "Diplomacy" team
stay in the shadow of the Miya's Avatar, and watch what happens. use my amp to protect him from weapons fire that might actually harm him, and to protect myself as necessary. If he accidently goops someone too much, making them unable to breathe, then run over to them and taking my time, carefully remove the goop covering their mouth or nose.

((humans can hold their breath / handle not breathing with no harm for up to approximately three minutes. after three minutes brain damage begins to occur, but it isn't instantly lethal or anything like that. professional pearl divers of the old no-scuba-gear kind typically held their breath for up to five minutes on their dives.

lack of blood flow to the brain does its harm much, much faster.))

Give Lyra my spraycan of goop dissolvant to make this easier for her.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 09, 2015, 06:24:31 am »

Amp-break the counter in their direction, followed by attempt to fly back out of the room the way I came.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 09, 2015, 08:43:11 am »

Lars nodded.  "We shall take wing to save our wounded brother!"

Be cavalry.  Haul Maurice to Bartholomew, shooting any hostiles on the way.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 09, 2015, 09:39:23 am »

A teammate needs help it seems. I'll go there. But just a warning, don't think that just because this is a religous building and they seem to be civilians that we have to have pity for them. You never know where the enemy will be. Also, you should watch out making team mates into enemies. The last guy who did it ruined the mission.

Say. Then go to C-14 building in BT. Kill any hostiles that is not a team mate. Make sure to protect any team mates there.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 09, 2015, 07:21:33 pm »

(Apologies for inactivity. Midterms x_x
Also, I didn't realize this game was picking back up so quickly. Jeez.)

Consider what still needs to be accomplished, for Team Koala. Examine current surroundings.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:24:39 pm by Icefire2314 »
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #487 on: January 10, 2015, 04:32:46 pm »

You duck behind the counter. Turns out the counter is less than bullet proof and several men firing handguns and rifles at you, even blindly through a counter, is bad. You manage not to die and to avoid a direct hit, but in the hail of gunfire you do catch a bullet to both your left thigh, the right side of your gut and one of your biceps. You go down against the wall behind the counter, unable to stand. The shooting stops but you can hear them coming over to the counter.

((You are lucky you had a mk.III to save your butt there. Hopefully this'll show why going out alone is a bad idea! Either,way, you might want to fly the hell out of there, if you can. Or you could punch the counter with your amp and send a hail of shrapnel their way.))

Well, good news first. You manage to really throw the people and stuff inside the garage with that shockwave. Bad news, you're standing right next to the building and just sent a shockwave rolling through the ground from the back of the garage, to the front. You are in the front. As such, you manage to sweep yourself off your feet and end up on all fours with your and upper body partially pierced through the wall of the building.

((Wasn't I supposed to be on the side of the building? My previous action said so:

Approach d-6 from the side, then check inside. Be sure to use cameyes.
Oh well, better just roll with it.))

start gooping people, try to make sure their head stays clear. Use manip to hold down any that try to escape, except if they're obviously civilians. Check around what's in the garage.
Does he have a MK III? Wiki said he had a MK I.

You leap up, tearing through the thin metal wall of the building and start spraying foam around with reckless abandon, coating the entire room in your sticky white fluid. You succeed at gooping everyone in the building, least everyone you can see, though the whole "Leave their heads out of it" part was hit or miss.

Team suit monitoring system let out a beep when Bartholomew's suit registered the damage.
Damnation, he just got injured. Sharp pang of guilt managed to provide some desperately needed clarity to Maurice's thoughts.
Team Panda, annd now I mean it, please come by C-14 to provide support to Bartholomew. I'd guess Renen would fit better, but it's really up to you.
Now, Brother Lars, Mesk. I understand the importancy of the currennt task, but I have a soldier out there wounded, and he nneeds my help. Sure, he has a Mk III, but that only postpones the problems.
Mesk, can you please activate the
bloody detox system now? Jim can wait a few more moments.
Brother, may I request your ride to C-14? We've cleared that hospital building anyway.

General Miyamoto, requesting Lars's temporary assistance.

Read the health monitoring system data. Preferably after I've been thoroughly detoxed by Mesk.

((If anything, Bartholomew's injury is my fault as I suggested this offensive reconnaisance mission of his. However, if we act quickly and in coordinated manner, further damage can be avoided.))
Ok, according to the wiki, and this could very well be wrong because I distinctly remember him flying to get to where he is, but according to the wiki he has a MKI. (http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Bartolomew_Markov)
So thats how I'm gonna run with it, at least till thats corrected.

As such, you can't really see much about him except that his suit is registering punctures.

((Well, at least piecewise was kind enough to not interpret my action as resistance and have Renen attack.))

"There is no need for this. They are innocent civilians. They pose no danger. Stand down."
Flint tensed as he practised the motions he'd have to execute to defend himself and the others in his mind.
Damn psychos.

If conflicting actions continue:
   Flint stared the process of closing Gilgamesh's armour, took on a more aggressive posture, pointing his weapons at Rene and took a step towards him, as if ready to jump.
   His advantage is at speed and close range. I should be on the defensive, backing away. But they are like animals. If I want to prevent conflict, I need to give him the impression that even if he can win, it's not worth messing with me. Even sand worms will back off when they find out you won't be an easy meal.
   "These humans are mine. Leave now or face the consequences."
   Close armour and do my most intimidating "you shall not pass" manoeuvre in an attempt to intimidate Renen and keep him from hurting the civilians and give them time to escape.
   If Renen does anything to hurt the civilians, try to disable him using a wide low power blast of my advanced laser cannon, preferably in a non-lethal manner.
   If Renen attacks, get out of the building and try to lure him away from the civilians. As long as he's hurting me, he's not hurting them and I can probably tank whatever he can throw at me

Else:
   Proceed with my previous attempt to gain knowledge from the civilians about the nature of various buildings in the base, mostly interested in buildings that could contain the UWM commander or other high ranking officers.

Seriously, you'd think having two murder robots in the same room, one of which is a superfast samurai skeleton and another which is a psychedelically painted tank with giant alien guns, would be enough incentive for civilians to run away. People have been watching way too many of those transforming robot movies, it seems.
Good news, Renen's departure means that everyone stops having a conniption and runs. Bad news, none of them bother to tell you much of anything. One of them shouts that there's no soldiers on this side of the base, though you're not really sure what they mean by that since there were very clearly soldiers just outside this building. There still are soldiers outside this building, just in more pieces then before.

Lyra, "Diplomacy" team
stay in the shadow of the Miya's Avatar, and watch what happens. use my amp to protect him from weapons fire that might actually harm him, and to protect myself as necessary. If he accidently goops someone too much, making them unable to breathe, then run over to them and taking my time, carefully remove the goop covering their mouth or nose.

((humans can hold their breath / handle not breathing with no harm for up to approximately three minutes. after three minutes brain damage begins to occur, but it isn't instantly lethal or anything like that. professional pearl divers of the old no-scuba-gear kind typically held their breath for up to five minutes on their dives.

You walk around, carefully scraping and puncturing holes in the goop to let people breathe. You knock a few teeth out and cut some faces in the process, but you're gonna assume they'd rather have that than suffocate.

Fix Maurice and attempt CPR or something on Jim.
Jim is dead.

You manage to use Maurice's suit to get him almost completely detoxed. He's a bit buzzed, but other then that, fine.

Lyra, "Diplomacy" team

Give Lyra my spraycan of goop dissolvant to make this easier for her.
Gahh. Fine. I suppose she doesn't have to bash in teeth and that roll was for naught then.

Ruining my fun.

Amp-break the counter in their direction, followed by attempt to fly back out of the room the way I came.
You got the amp but I'm still iffy on the suit, and that makes a difference. We'll hold your turn till next time, by which time I assume someone will have straightened this out. Just repost it. I don't want to make your life harder by having you attempt to fight  while injured.

Lars nodded.  "We shall take wing to save our wounded brother!"

Be cavalry.  Haul Maurice to Bartholomew, shooting any hostiles on the way.
You grab maurice and start running toward where Bartholomew is.

A teammate needs help it seems. I'll go there. But just a warning, don't think that just because this is a religous building and they seem to be civilians that we have to have pity for them. You never know where the enemy will be. Also, you should watch out making team mates into enemies. The last guy who did it ruined the mission.

Say. Then go to C-14 building in BT. Kill any hostiles that is not a team mate. Make sure to protect any team mates there.
Actually, never mind. Renen here gets there before Lars and Maurice and honestly probably before Bart would have had a chance to do anything anyways.  From his place behind the counter Bart would probably hear nothing except some glass breaking and a few strange grunts before everything went very suddenly silent.

(Apologies for inactivity. Midterms x_x
Also, I didn't realize this game was picking back up so quickly. Jeez.)

Consider what still needs to be accomplished, for Team Koala. Examine current surroundings.
Not a lot left to do, honestly. THough No one has actually stuck Jim in that cart yet. But thats a med roll, so...your choice there.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 10, 2015, 05:14:38 pm »

Does he have a MK III? Wiki said he had a MK I.

yes he does. The two newbs and the cat lady all got a mk.III for this mission, you allowed them to. The wiki is wrong I'm afraid. You greenlit those suits as mission equipment to make up a bit for the power gap.

"Lars, Daineal, regroup and finish clearing out the hospital. And stay together, for heaven's sake. Mesk, finish up with Jim, put him in the cart and on the shuttle, then come to where Lyra and I am. I want you to unlock these battlesuits for us and disable any lifelocks there might be."

Take stock. What is there in this garage, how many suits, what equipment, etc. ask Steve if he think these will be lifelocked. Then go outside and check around with cameyes.

Help Lyra get on my shoulder if whe wants to.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:17:17 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 10, 2015, 06:41:39 pm »

((Lyra STR: 0, Lyra size: tiny. I'm not sure it's even possible for me to accidently bash in teeth unless I have something to help brace them.))

Lyra, "Diplomacy" team.

slip outside and look around, how are our opponents reacting? are they organizing or gathering anywhere? have any of them with battlesuits or other heavy equipment emerged? or are they still in a lightly armed disorganized panic?

when Miya emerges, climb up on his shoulder.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 11:57:59 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 10, 2015, 06:43:15 pm »

Regroup and finish clearing out the hospital.  Fly a bit with Maurice back there for speed.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 08:13:20 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 10, 2015, 07:41:02 pm »

I would've never thought of saying this, but - I am grateful to you, Mesk.

Now, Brother Lars, I believe our paths diverge here. There is something odd with the medical system feed here, and I will have to check up on my injured fellow in person. Be careful, and may Pathmas watch over you!

Get to C-14. Remain alert on the way there, look out for retaliatory attacks, ambushes, nasty surprises.

Team Panda, status report.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 10, 2015, 08:13:46 pm »

Lars nodded.  "Fare well, disciple of Emar-i."

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 10, 2015, 08:21:12 pm »

To Lars:Our orders are now to clear out the hospital, whatever's left. Ready?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 11:09:22 am by Icefire2314 »
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 10, 2015, 08:30:17 pm »

"We shall ride on the wing of victory, Brother Daineal!  May Ingram guide our shots!"
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 45