Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76488 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #465 on: January 07, 2015, 07:45:21 am »

Flip closest table and jump behind it.
((You are behind the counter, like the one they have in bars. That would require you to get/jump out from behind the counter, reach a table and flip it.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 07, 2015, 09:59:01 am »

Lars waved to Mesk.  "It is good to see you again, Brother Mesk!  We shall provide covering fire on your recovery of General Jim!"

Follow Mesk and provide holy covering fire.  Praise Ingram.

Also bring that freeloader Maurice along.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:20:47 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 07, 2015, 10:14:01 am »

Lars heard something interesting on team-comms.  "General Miyamoto!  Do you think we could commandeer those battlesuits in the glorious name of Steve?"

((How would Lars know this? Miya was talking to Lyra.

But yes, commandeering those was a possibility I was entertaining, hence me not just lasering that whole building into next week. We'll see if we can keep them whole, and if they aren't life locked. Reminds me, I should change my action a bit.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 07, 2015, 10:19:32 am »

Lars heard something interesting on team-comms.  "General Miyamoto!  Do you think we could commandeer those battlesuits in the glorious name of Steve?"

((How would Lars know this? Miya was talking to Lyra.

But yes, commandeering those was a possibility I was entertaining, hence me not just lasering that whole building into next week. We'll see if we can keep them whole, and if they aren't life locked. Reminds me, I should change my action a bit.))

((Oh, okay; I thought that was team comms.  Will edit that away.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 07, 2015, 10:28:59 am »

"Sorry Maurice, I'll get back to you once I get Jim back.  Thanks for the assist, Brother Lars."
Search for Jim.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 07, 2015, 12:54:56 pm »

Sure, sure, no problem with t-that. He suddenly laughed a little. Was that blood a poor civvie again? Guess it's good I'm too drunk at the momennt. To care, or anything.
Accept merciful sleep! Maybe after a nap I'll be able to sober up a little.
((I'd coordinate team support for Bartholomew, but as I see it Maurice hasn't been informed of enemy contact yet.))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:57:24 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 08, 2015, 09:41:49 am »

Search for any sign of armament or comunication device in the building (C-11). If find any, destroy it. Lock everybody in the building in a small room without any means to exit. If I find any type of resistence, start a killing spree.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 08, 2015, 12:21:02 pm »

Okay, team Panda, I trust you've got things finne where you are. However, Bartholomew enncountered some extra enemy resistance, so Ren-nen could you lend him a hand there? C-14.
Flinnt, I trust the situation does not require a battlesuit yet, so you probably better conntinue doing... whatever you're currently doing.
Maurice let out a small burst of laughter off the comms.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #473 on: January 08, 2015, 01:27:00 pm »

"Ok then, seems we found their battlesuits. Lyra, you ready?"

Create large shockwave, starting from the back of the hangar and rippling to the front, with the intent of throwing out all the people inside and toppling over the battlesuits (but without destroying them). If the garage is still closed in the front, then use manip to tear it away before doing the force push. Note that I'm NOT just trying to smash the people in there, just move them out of the way.

If still allowed after all that, move through wall into garage (try not to collapse the damn thing) and take stock, place myself between enemy and their battlesuits if possible (to cut them off). If enemy combatants, use monorazor naginata, or goop thrower if Steve thinks the battlesuits are life locked (be sure to ask him before moving on). If Steve doesn't know, then use goop.

Well, good news first. You manage to really throw the people and stuff inside the garage with that shockwave. Bad news, you're standing right next to the building and just sent a shockwave rolling through the ground from the back of the garage, to the front. You are in the front. As such, you manage to sweep yourself off your feet and end up on all fours with your and upper body partially pierced through the wall of the building.

Not the most dignified entrance, but it will work.

as before, I trust Miya will handle the big obvious problem in front, and instead focus on what else could be going on. I check the ceiling, catwalks, our rear, etc. look into shadowy corners, listen and smell for anything that Miya might have missed, any traps, whatever else like that might be going on.
You manage to leap over the shockwave by virtue of cat-like reflexes.

I am assuming the surrounding area is safe, since I've walked around and scanned things with cam-eyes many times.

"Please! Stop screaming! I am trying to help!"
Take a step back so that I am in cover, just in case there are snipers around, then open the battlesuit's front and my faceplate so that I can speak to those guys face to face.

Say the following (or the closest approximation I can manage) in the native language using the phrasebook/dictionary thingy. Use my awesome charisma to convey a sense of calmness, logic and non-panic (like those PA voices that say "Remain calm and proceed to the nearest exit."): "Please, remain calm and evacuate the area immediately. This is now a battlefield. We mean you no harm but the longer you stay here the greater the chance of collateral damage."

Assuming the above works and they begin calmly evacuating, show one of them the map of the base and ask them if they know where the commander is. If possible, also gain more info about the rest of the buildings around here.

If the above doesn't work and they are still running around, try to gently corner/grab one of them, keep him there until he/she calms down and ask for the above info.

Generally ask for directions like a clueless tourist.
Search for any sign of armament or comunication device in the building (C-11). If find any, destroy it. Lock everybody in the building in a small room without any means to exit. If I find any type of resistence, start a killing spree.

"Please evacuate the area in a calm and organized fashion through the hole I just punched in the wall."

"Get in the closet or I'll cut you in half."

No he won't, no he won't. Just calmly leave the area so you don't get hurt.

"Attempting to flee is punishable by disembowelment. Now line up so I may crush you into the nearest small room with wanton disregard for the direction or degree to which I bend your limbs."

"God damn it Renen!"

"God damns those who attempt to flee. Also, I kill them. Just as an additional thing. "

Flip closest table and jump behind it. Duck behind counter.
Located enemy. Six persons. Lightly armed
You duck behind the counter. Turns out the counter is less than bullet proof and several men firing handguns and rifles at you, even blindly through a counter, is bad. You manage not to die and to avoid a direct hit, but in the hail of gunfire you do catch a bullet to both your left thigh, the right side of your gut and one of your biceps. You go down against the wall behind the counter, unable to stand. The shooting stops but you can hear them coming over to the counter.

Lars waved to Mesk.  "It is good to see you again, Brother Mesk!  We shall provide covering fire on your recovery of General Jim!"

Follow Mesk and provide holy covering fire.  Praise Ingram.

Also bring that freeloader Maurice along.

"Sorry Maurice, I'll get back to you once I get Jim back.  Thanks for the assist, Brother Lars."
Search for Jim.
Sure, sure, no problem with t-that. He suddenly laughed a little. Was that blood a poor civvie again? Guess it's good I'm too drunk at the momennt. To care, or anything.
Accept merciful sleep! Maybe after a nap I'll be able to sober up a little.
((I'd coordinate team support for Bartholomew, but as I see it Maurice hasn't been informed of enemy contact yet.))

Mesk, Lars and Maurice roll out of the hospital in one cluster, shoving the stasis cart, a device clearly designed for clean tiled floors, through the grass and dirt with some degree of difficulty. The hill that encircles that base is a particular sticking point, but they finally mange to half shove, have carry the cart up and finally reach Jim's body.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 08, 2015, 01:39:20 pm »

You duck behind the counter. Turns out the counter is less than bullet proof and several men firing handguns and rifles at you, even blindly through a counter, is bad. You manage not to die and to avoid a direct hit, but in the hail of gunfire you do catch a bullet to both your left thigh, the right side of your gut and one of your biceps. You go down against the wall behind the counter, unable to stand. The shooting stops but you can hear them coming over to the counter.

((You are lucky you had a mk.III to save your butt there. Hopefully this'll show why going out alone is a bad idea! Either,way, you might want to fly the hell out of there, if you can. Or you could punch the counter with your amp and send a hail of shrapnel their way.))

Well, good news first. You manage to really throw the people and stuff inside the garage with that shockwave. Bad news, you're standing right next to the building and just sent a shockwave rolling through the ground from the back of the garage, to the front. You are in the front. As such, you manage to sweep yourself off your feet and end up on all fours with your and upper body partially pierced through the wall of the building.

((Wasn't I supposed to be on the side of the building? My previous action said so:

Approach d-6 from the side, then check inside. Be sure to use cameyes.
Oh well, better just roll with it.))

start gooping people, try to make sure their head stays clear. Use manip to hold down any that try to escape, except if they're obviously civilians. Check around what's in the garage.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 01:42:52 pm by Radio Controlled »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 08, 2015, 01:56:38 pm »

Brother Lars knelt next to Jim.  "O Glorious Steve!  I beg for your most divine blessings upon our fallen general!  May your light guide him to a swift recovery, or send him on to your ever-loving arms!  May the disciples of Emar-i find guidance and light, seeking the delivery of his mortal vessel back to the embrace of our ship!"

Help our doctors by praying, because like hell Lars should be allowed a med roll.  Also covering fire is good in case hostiles appear.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 08:41:52 am by Toaster »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 08, 2015, 04:53:43 pm »

Team suit monitoring system let out a beep when Bartholomew's suit registered the damage.
Damnation, he just got injured. Sharp pang of guilt managed to provide some desperately needed clarity to Maurice's thoughts.
Team Panda, annd now I mean it, please come by C-14 to provide support to Bartholomew. I'd guess Renen would fit better, but it's really up to you.
Now, Brother Lars, Mesk. I understand the importancy of the currennt task, but I have a soldier out there wounded, and he nneeds my help. Sure, he has a Mk III, but that only postpones the problems.
Mesk, can you please activate the
bloody detox system now? Jim can wait a few more moments.
Brother, may I request your ride to C-14? We've cleared that hospital building anyway.

General Miyamoto, requesting Lars's temporary assistance.

Read the health monitoring system data. Preferably after I've been thoroughly detoxed by Mesk.

((If anything, Bartholomew's injury is my fault as I suggested this offensive reconnaisance mission of his. However, if we act quickly and in coordinated manner, further damage can be avoided.))
Past Sigs

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 08, 2015, 05:07:40 pm »

"Permission granted, Mesk can handel himself from now. Go save your teammate."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #478 on: January 08, 2015, 06:08:33 pm »

((Well, at least piecewise was kind enough to not interpret my action as resistance and have Renen attack.))

"There is no need for this. They are innocent civilians. They pose no danger. Stand down."
Flint tensed as he practised the motions he'd have to execute to defend himself and the others in his mind.
Damn psychos.

If conflicting actions continue:
   Flint stared the process of closing Gilgamesh's armour, took on a more aggressive posture, pointing his weapons at Rene and took a step towards him, as if ready to jump.
   His advantage is at speed and close range. I should be on the defensive, backing away. But they are like animals. If I want to prevent conflict, I need to give him the impression that even if he can win, it's not worth messing with me. Even sand worms will back off when they find out you won't be an easy meal.
   "These humans are mine. Leave now or face the consequences."
   Close armour and do my most intimidating "you shall not pass" manoeuvre in an attempt to intimidate Renen and keep him from hurting the civilians and give them time to escape.
   If Renen does anything to hurt the civilians, try to disable him using a wide low power blast of my advanced laser cannon, preferably in a non-lethal manner.
   If Renen attacks, get out of the building and try to lure him away from the civilians. As long as he's hurting me, he's not hurting them and I can probably tank whatever he can throw at me

Else:
   Proceed with my previous attempt to gain knowledge from the civilians about the nature of various buildings in the base, mostly interested in buildings that could contain the UWM commander or other high ranking officers.

Seriously, you'd think having two murder robots in the same room, one of which is a superfast samurai skeleton and another which is a psychedelically painted tank with giant alien guns, would be enough incentive for civilians to run away. People have been watching way too many of those transforming robot movies, it seems.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 08, 2015, 06:25:50 pm »

Lyra, "Diplomacy" team
stay in the shadow of the Miya's Avatar, and watch what happens. use my amp to protect him from weapons fire that might actually harm him, and to protect myself as necessary. If he accidently goops someone too much, making them unable to breathe, then run over to them and taking my time, carefully remove the goop covering their mouth or nose.

((humans can hold their breath / handle not breathing with no harm for up to approximately three minutes. after three minutes brain damage begins to occur, but it isn't instantly lethal or anything like that. professional pearl divers of the old no-scuba-gear kind typically held their breath for up to five minutes on their dives.

lack of blood flow to the brain does its harm much, much faster.))
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 10:51:18 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 45