Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 76426 times)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #495 on: January 10, 2015, 09:04:19 pm »

Locate Lars, and make way to him. Fly if it's faster.

(After speaking)

Finish clearing hospital with Lars. Kill anything that is hostile. If anything non-hostile attempts to flee, kill it. Order any non-hostiles to stand down.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 11:09:45 am by Icefire2314 »
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 10, 2015, 09:52:05 pm »

((Consider putting those in one post for ease of GMing))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 10, 2015, 10:41:54 pm »

Mesk turns away from Maurice, scarcely acknowledging his thanks as he looks over the lifeless body of Jim.
"Hhh.  Just what did it take to bring you down...?  Well... I-I'll see you again soon as they bring you back, old friend."
Place Jim's body in the stasis cart and bring it back out of the building.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 11, 2015, 04:13:04 am »

((Lyra STR: 0, Lyra size: tiny. I'm not sure it's even possible for me to accidently bash in teeth unless I have something to help brace them.))

Lyra, "Diplomacy" team.

Quote from: Lyra to Miya
Lifelocks?

((Lyra never was part of battlesuit lifelocks discussions. also, her aux isn't particularly high.))

((I meant: "mesk, come to where I and lyra are, then disable the lifelocks." It was kinda ambiguous I see now, edited for clarification.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 11, 2015, 11:10:01 am »

((Consider putting those in one post for ease of GMing))

(Done, albeit looks a little strange now :P)
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #500 on: January 12, 2015, 11:18:07 am »

I must have used the wrong word. Reminds me of that incident in Mexico.

After making sure there's nobody left in this building, go search the next one, using cameyes to watch out for ambushes. Same as before, if someone tries to use anti-armour, try to subdue them non-lethally with microwaves.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 01:33:55 pm by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #501 on: January 13, 2015, 04:05:48 pm »

Does he have a MK III? Wiki said he had a MK I.

yes he does. The two newbs and the cat lady all got a mk.III for this mission, you allowed them to. The wiki is wrong I'm afraid. You greenlit those suits as mission equipment to make up a bit for the power gap.

"Lars, Daineal, regroup and finish clearing out the hospital. And stay together, for heaven's sake. Mesk, finish up with Jim, put him in the cart and on the shuttle, then come to where Lyra and I am. I want you to unlock these battlesuits for us and disable any lifelocks there might be."

Take stock. What is there in this garage, how many suits, what equipment, etc. ask Steve if he think these will be lifelocked. Then go outside and check around with cameyes.

Help Lyra get on my shoulder if whe wants to.

Alright, good enough for me. Just checking. I have more trust in the gnomes then my own memory most of the time.

The garage contains a sort of rack or maintenance bay with individual support structures for 3 suits, all three of which are filled by battle suits. The suits are closed, but you can't sense any human heat in them, though there is some sort of heat signature in the cockpit area; though the way it's distributed makes it look much more like electronics.

There are a few vehicles, jeep like things, and scattered tools and parts for the suits and the jeeps. In all, fairly bare.

>They shouldn't be life locked unless they had a specific pilot designated to them and the system added, which I doubt. Life locking is common in front line forces but rarer in places and circumstances like this.

You look back outside. Things are still quiet out there, no new waves of soldiers running in.

((Lyra STR: 0, Lyra size: tiny. I'm not sure it's even possible for me to accidently bash in teeth unless I have something to help brace them.))

Lyra, "Diplomacy" team.

slip outside and look around, how are our opponents reacting? are they organizing or gathering anywhere? have any of them with battlesuits or other heavy equipment emerged? or are they still in a lightly armed disorganized panic?

when Miya emerges, climb up on his shoulder.
Apparently you have a MKIII so teeth smashing is totally in your capacity.

You don't see any opponents anywhere, aside from one or two people running off into the wilderness on the other side of the base. Hm.

Regroup and finish clearing out the hospital.  Fly a bit with Maurice back there for speed.
You get to the hospital again, though now I must ask how you want to clear, and what clearing entails. Ie, are we purging the building or just making sure there is no armed resistance building strength in there.

I would've never thought of saying this, but - I am grateful to you, Mesk.

Now, Brother Lars, I believe our paths diverge here. There is something odd with the medical system feed here, and I will have to check up on my injured fellow in person. Be careful, and may Pathmas watch over you!

Get to C-14. Remain alert on the way there, look out for retaliatory attacks, ambushes, nasty surprises.

Team Panda, status report.
You get to C-14 and step over the thinly sliced pieces of soldiers laying in steaming piles around Renen's feet. You hop behind the counter and Find Bart. He's shot to shit but stable and conscious thanks to the suit.

Locate Lars, and make way to him. Fly if it's faster.

(After speaking)

Finish clearing hospital with Lars. Kill anything that is hostile. If anything non-hostile attempts to flee, kill it. Order any non-hostiles to stand down.
This line up wit your idea of clearing Lars? Dis what we doing here?

Mesk turns away from Maurice, scarcely acknowledging his thanks as he looks over the lifeless body of Jim.
"Hhh.  Just what did it take to bring you down...?  Well... I-I'll see you again soon as they bring you back, old friend."
Place Jim's body in the stasis cart and bring it back out of the building.
You, with great effort, manage to heft Jim up onto the cart and get the proper tubes and devices attached to him before closing the cylinder and starting the stasis process. That should keep him good and fresh for...whatever they wanted him for.

After making sure there's nobody left in this building, go search the next one, using cameyes to watch out for ambushes. Same as before, if someone tries to use anti-armour, try to subdue them non-lethally with microwaves.

Does that mean c-12 or c-9? Both are about equidistant from you.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 13, 2015, 04:15:36 pm »

This line up wit your idea of clearing Lars? Dis what we doing here?

Sure.  Fug em up.

Are there giant bombs waiting to go off hidden in the floor underneath us?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:56:04 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 13, 2015, 04:27:44 pm »

Alright, good enough for me. Just checking. I have more trust in the gnomes then my own memory most of the time.
((Swell, thanks.))

Channel to Mesk:
"It seems we have three battlesuits we might be able to commandeer, if we can crack  these turkeys open. Mesk, do you think you know how to manage that? There should be an emergency release hatch on the underside to open them up. Ask Flint if you can't find it, heh, he knows. Steve might be able to help you if you run into any software locks once inside."

Think about whether there should have been many more dudes to fight us, given the size of the base. Ask Steve about his opinion if I can't come up with a sensible answer. Also ask the captured dude(ttes) if there are more of them (or if there are more vehicles) in the base, and if yes, where. Let Steve translate for me if needed.

Lyra action (she said she'd be gone for a while): chill out on top of the robot.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 01:44:25 am by Radio Controlled »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 13, 2015, 05:15:46 pm »

"Oh um... sure, ok.  I can do that."
Get Jim's body somewhere secure and then find Miya and the Battlesuits (have you heard my new band, Miya and the Battlesuits?).  Try and figure out the internal workings before opening them for aux dynamic bonus.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 13, 2015, 06:27:52 pm »

Let's see... Maurice smiled to Bartholomew Frankly, you are a little bit botched up, but nothing medicine can't deal with, and it seems it can wait for now - until we finish this mission and get back to the Sword. What's this, a cafeteria, huh?

Charge up Uncon! Stay alert.
Also, clarification: 1)Is there anything immediately life-threatening with Bartholomew's injuries?
2)Is he in any way impaired/disabled because of the injury, and is that treatable in the field (with the use of the local UWM hospital equipment/resources, if needed)?

((By the way, are those battlesuits to be transferred to Steve, or do they go to Mission pool? Battlesuit-battalion coming sense I.))
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 06:37:37 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 13, 2015, 07:18:06 pm »

Lyra action (she said she'd be gone for a while): chill out on top of the robot.[/b]
((Not gone yet, probably will be at the end of the week or so.))

Clamber up on top of Mr. Giant Deathbot and sit on his shoulder, facing backwards. Watch for threats and wait for orders or follow-up.

((However, your posted action for me was pretty on the mark...))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 14, 2015, 01:54:05 am »

((Not gone yet, probably will be at the end of the week or so.))
((Kay, just say when then.))

((By the way, are those battlesuits to be transferred to Steve, or do they go to Mission pool? Battlesuit-battalion coming sense I.))

((No idea. Was gonna ask him what we can do with them at mission end if we actually get there with these intact and working. If we aren't allowed to keep them, then perhaps he'll buy them from us for tokens we can divide.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #508 on: January 14, 2015, 07:01:35 am »

Does that mean c-12 or c-9? Both are about equidistant from you.
Let's say c-9, since there's a higher chance of enemies being there. Get there and scan the building. Don't go in yet.

Say something along the lines of
"You are defeated. Come out slowly, unarmed, with your hands above your head." in the local language, if I can find the words for it (or something similar) in the phrasebook.
Else say it in Galactic English, as usual, and hope they can understand it or at least the tone of voice behind it.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 14, 2015, 09:34:28 am »

Well, that's great, messer. Out of commission for the first mission because of assault of cafeteria.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 45