Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 289588 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"Speaking in head. How do? Explain?"

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

((Sorry for the long delay everyone, was having issues scrubbing my PC from viruses!))

Dogou - Interior Floor 1

Propman was somewhat startled at the mention of Zanzetkucken mentioning her earlier demise, remembering the shredded cutlet of a man back in the room that stank of dog's blood. That must have been him he thought, causing the adventurer to shiver internally.

"So, it's a function of this bracelet, then, and only those that wield them..."respawn"? If not, I've-We've likely made a rather powerful enemy-"

The passage down bellow opened up once more, while a rope suddenly fell down from the upper part of the ceiling, a bunch of solid cardboard tubes tied to it to function as a crude latter. Down bellow, the master shouted. "So, do you wish to ask questions, find more about your situation mentally, or fight more, and figure out your situation through physical action?"
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 02:44:08 pm by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

"Doing both is good, but as this is possibly going to be one of the only chances we get to practice physical combat, we can put mental figuring to the wayside for now," Zanzetkuken said, climbing the ladder.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle is busy observing the effects of the potion on his katana.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

"Speaking in head. How do? Explain?"
It's magic.
Literally.
I think it's tied to this.
He shakes his left arm, highlighting the device. These seem to grant the bearer semi-unique abilities. The head-talking is one of mine. Anything else? We really need to be going...

"Unless someone wants to loot the car stereo or take the windshield squeegee, we should probably get moving now."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"Interesting.. Tata for now then.

I will talk to You again later.

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile

Omeganaut nods.  "As necessary as peaceful negotiations are, having a staring contest with a tiger is somewhat unnerving.  But then again, Kevak over there apparently absorbs corpses, and Glados is around, so strange is the new normal I guess."
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

I'm ready to go when you guys are.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Let's get moving, then." As soon as they left the car, more of the small cats all over the street climbed into it to sleep on the seats. After giving the lion a wide berth, they returned to the tiled line, following it for a couple more blocks.

(Rolls for lootable cars = 15, 3)
(Roll for encounter = 10)

They came at last to the end of the line, in front of a building just before a four-way intersection, the line terminating in "310". A pair of crashed, burnt-out cars sat on one corner, having dented the one of the lightposts. Spraypainted on the wrecks were the numbers 5 and 2.

"Well, end of the line it looks like. Think these numbers have something to do with the combination?"
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:01:15 am by HugoLuman »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

((So how is everybody doing?))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

Wonder if anything is in the cars
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

[3/6*] A sound reminiscent of a weight colliding with a metal floor could be heard as the liquid caused the blade to glow a metallic sheen and absorb the potion into its structure, shining as if it were freshly polished. Though dulled, it was in a much better visual condition then before, and would likely be serviceable in the event it were sharpened, if not exactly equivalent to a properly forged blade; the hard outer coat working in tandem with the more flexible mild steel to ensure it would at very least not likely snap the moment it met resistance.

Propman trailed behind Zanzetkucken, noting that her new garb, aside from looking gaudy when worn over her jeans, reeked of graveyards and antiseptics, as if she looted a tomb. He wouldn't have approved of looting the dead in any other circumstance, but he was quite sure that if it was a room from Skyrim, the dead would have had an ample opportunity to protest.

*d6 used to determine the BUC of certain objects, i.e blessed uncursed cursed, like most conventional roguelikes. Certain character traits can ignore these implications, but for most everyone else, how they exactly react when used relies on these pointers, with blessed generally being preferable*, and cursed being detestable, especially with cursed gear, which tends to graft itself to to user until uncursed, if not something equally unpleasant like sucking their blood. The exception to this are poisons and other toxins, which tend to be more potent when cursed, as well as certain demonic objects which are intrinsically cursed to give them their abilities. For now, 1 = cursed, 6 = blessed, and 2-4 = uncursed. Whether items need to be checked for BUC is determined by the creator of the room they're found in, and/or a full identification given to objects received prior. Generally, most items are uncursed with few items explicitly blessed unless further identified.

*Implications of corruption of the priesthood aside, blessed items are, contrary to popular belief, no more expensive then their uncursed counterparts in exchange in spite of their scarcity (though this is mostly perceptive; most priests/kanushi/rabi/ect. would likely bless your sword if you just asked, and were willing to sit through the ritual each time for each object blessed), and blessing an object with the intent of inflating it at a higher price is generally frowned upon by the locals; many discussions are made on whether an object blessed in one way is actually blessed compared to another, as even the gauntlets seem to be fickle with the whole ordeal, while others argue that blessed items are hardly useful outside of slaying demons anyway, or that its something that isn't actually tied to religion (those on the other side argue the opposite, with blessed items being blessed in a religious nature while cursed items are "merely mechanical". It tends to be a major theological past-time to discuss such in the dungeons). Evidently, a good way to figure out whether an item is truly blessed as far as the dungeon mechanics are concerned is to plunge it into a demon, and see their reaction.

((This was just a test for the system. Should we actually implement it?))
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Requires some thinking. There are a variety of status effects or enchantments and given item could have, to be sure. And someone's status as a priest/rabbi/kanushi/etc can be entirely separate from their actual class, when talking about players.))

((So how is everybody doing?))
((IRL? Still recovering from midterms week, though despite prolonged sleep deprivation I have avoided the seasonal ailments thus far.))

Wonder if anything is in the cars
"They look pretty burnt out, but maybe."

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Arcvasti nudges Hugo.

**You said you had paper and a pencil. Might not be a bad idea to write down the house numbers for the whole "getting the vault open" thing.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle starts the climb down the stairs.
"Actually, if you don't mind I'd like a sharpening stone to make my katana actually worth shit!"
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 427