Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 289614 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

((In this case, logic probably works better than luck. If party doesn't have anything the lion would want (or doesn't think of anything real soon), then it attacks. Our challenge here is to come up with something it wants and fast, which to be honest I'm not sure we can.))

Info? You want info?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

((It isn't rollbased. It's interaction based. Chance isn't particularly logical for interactions, these aren't chaosspawn, they do what the do for a reason, their personalities aren't randorandom. You can botch it if you fuggle the talking or lack a way to talk. Only reason we haven't been mauled yet is because Hugo can talk to them. And the lion may still attack if suitable compensation is not delivered.))

See if the lion is interested in food?

((In this case, logic probably works better than luck. If party doesn't have anything the lion would want (or doesn't think of anything real soon), then it attacks. Our challenge here is to come up with something it wants and fast, which to be honest I'm not sure we can.))

Info? You want info?
"No."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 07:13:14 pm by Kevak »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"What the hell do we feed him, though? The only bodies we have left are way back in the dungeon!" Nevertheless, he wanted to forestall attack. He realized that while their weapons likely had sufficient killing power to put down a lion, they probably didn't have the stopping power to prevent it from putting at least one of them down first. Food, then?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

((It isn't rollbased. It's interaction based. Chance isn't particularly logical for interactions, these aren't chaosspawn, they do what the do for a reason, their personalities aren't randorandom. You can botch it if you fuggle the talking or lack a way to talk. Only reason we haven't been mauled yet is because Hugo can talk to them. And the lion may still attack if suitable compensation is not delivered.))

(Use it when you first encounter it, in that case.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I have a table of different personalities for them. Not including special ones. I roll for that. Some like the lion are less agreeable. I'm actually rolling for likes/dislikes also. So no idea if the beef jerky is enough to appease till I roll.))

We have several pounds of beef jerky in my bag. But possibly not enough to appease him.

"Depends on quality, quanity, and type."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Get it out." You like jerky? It's salty! HugoLuman could feel his heart beating pretty hard. Here's the story primal humanity... spear in hand, facing down a lion, scared as shit...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Soooooo lucky. Needed 15-20 for the jerky to work. Got 16.))

Kevak gets the several pound bag of jerky out of his bag and tosses the lion a piece. The lion sniffs it and licks it up. "Acceptable. Tell him to pour it out of that plastic bag. I'm allergic to suffocating on garbage."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"He says pour it out. Then I think we're good." HugoLuman relaxes somewhat, though the tension was far from over.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kevak pours out the beef jerky and stores the plastic bag in his bag.

"I will retrieve it when you leave this area."

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

**How the hell did you even GET that jerky. Some of us came in here with little more then the clothes on our backs.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I came in with about a fourth of the stuff normally in my bag. I have a habit of carrying around fiftysome pounds of stuff in it daily.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HugoLuman releases a long sigh, extremely relieved to not fight a lion. "Alright... we're good... we'd best get what we want from this car and get a move on."
I came in with about a fourth of the stuff normally in my bag. I have a habit of carrying around fiftysome pounds of stuff in it daily.
"Guess there is some kind of limit. I showed up with everything I usually have going to class, minus my pocketknife. I don't suppose you have any more food on you?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No additional food. I normally carry some hardtack with me but that didn't come with.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Then, unless one of them wants gum..." he sniffs, and looks in the trunk, frowning, "or, and what the fuck, weed, then we are out of bargaining material."

Hey, he's not going to eat us anymore, so ask away!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:22:48 pm by HugoLuman »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Where exactly did you come from."
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 427