Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Battleship Commander  (Read 43010 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battleship Commander
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2014, 10:34:23 am »

Did you load ammunition? Are you at an alert level at which they are online? Did you put turret engines on them?
Yes, yes, and yes.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2014, 10:54:45 am »

im thinking of something witty to say how interested I am, but I can't think of anything, so PTW.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 12:32:14 am »

Anyone figured out how to use the in-game console? I kind of want to see if there's a command to just give myself lots of money, because I want to dick around with the best ship I can make to see what's possible.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 01:20:21 am »

Try posting on the guy's website?  Or on the SpaceSimCentral thread?

I'm not even having much luck with Cheat Engine, so not sure I can help there.

There is a  Components directory with stats and costs for things.  I tried addind a fake iterm to the files with a negaive Base_value_m3, but this did not work.. Or maybe the starting station just did not stock that item?

You could probably just lower the cost of the things you want to buy -- and maybe raise the cost of things that you start with and want to resell.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 01:59:27 am »

Tried this a little, first target practice ended up most critical systems 0% on my end. It seems flying through a cloud of 20mm rounds fired from my own guns killed my ship :) Promising game, here.

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2014, 02:21:50 am »

Hi everyone, i'm the developer of Battleship Commander.

This looks fantastic - exactly my kind of game. My only hope is that they flesh this out into a proper game, rather than just a sort of 'mission' simulator.
Some months ago i added a sandbox mode.

Is there anywhere to buy hydrazine?
Nowhere until next version. I forgot to put hydrazine for sale.

I really like the armor simulator, though I wish it had foamed metal and things like that.
Right now are supported only simple uniform metals and alloy, things you can simply melt and reshape. At some point i will add more complex materials. I *really* miss face-hardened armors.

Did you load ammunition? Are you at an alert level at which they are online? Did you put turret engines on them?
Yes, yes, and yes.
Did you have a capacitor with enough charge in it? The enemy was in range and in the cone of fire of the turret? The weapon is set to autofire?

Anyone figured out how to use the in-game console? I kind of want to see if there's a command to just give myself lots of money, because I want to dick around with the best ship I can make to see what's possible.
Add the line "dev_mode true" to configuration.txt. Then you can use left ctrl+k to add credits.

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 03:05:47 am »

It seems like the best tactic is either missile/rocket spam, which are relatively expensive
They are effective but you have to be careful, the credits gained are proportional to the state of the enemy. If it is totally destroyed you risk to gain less credits than the cost of the missiles used.
This tactic is safe only with enemies up to tier 8.  Stronger enemies have lasers and may be able to shoot down all your missiles.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 12:17:09 pm »

nice!

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 12:55:36 pm »

Hey mauridadde, welcome! Nice to hear from dev directly. I was wondering, would there be something like "show/edit energy distribution" in the future? When ship takes damage, it'd be nice to see what I can't support; perhaps in likeness of damage colour indicators.

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2014, 01:18:10 pm »

Not sure i understand. Did you intend showing which components are powered or unpowered?

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2014, 03:08:32 pm »

Yeah, component having power. Maybe I'm also just bad at designing ships, but half the time my ship's turrets ain't turning despite them having turret engines etc. , and I've checked also that I'm using rotating turrets. I'm not certain though, maybe it's something else, but I got this idea that it's because there's not enough power. Is that even possible?

mauridadde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2014, 04:45:23 pm »

Which version are you using? In the version released today i changed the electrical system. If you are using the 10/09/2014 version check that turret engines are powered. In the new version look at capacitor charge, if it is always near zero you do not have enough power.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2014, 05:16:15 pm »

An astounding program sir.  Just my cup of tea.

Looking forward to seeing more.  Any hints on your end-state goals?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2014, 05:18:22 pm »

Yes, yes, and yes.

I did nothing of anything. Got killed by first pirate wave.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2014, 10:48:35 pm »

Add the line "dev_mode true" to configuration.txt. Then you can use left ctrl+k to add credits.

Welcome! And thank you. This game is awesome so far.

If you don't mind, can I ask some questions about where you plan to take this?

Will there be some sort of technological progression as time goes on? For instance, moving on from nuclear reactors to perhaps fusion or antimatter down the line?

How big do you plan for the universe to be? One solar system, or multiple?

Any plans to add a multiplayer component?

Thanks in advance!

(Also, pirate cruisers are scary as hell.)

Edit: Forgot to mention, for an experiment I added Uranus and Neptune to the Sol system to see if they'd show up. They do, yay. They have proper mass values and orbits. Here's the .rar if you're interested; I included the Uranus and Neptune textures as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22122434/Sol.rar
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:29:02 pm by Pwnzerfaust »
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18