Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Goblin Clan! [OOC Thread]  (Read 4430 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Clan! [OOC Thread]
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 08:31:21 am »

Had a tie for Expansion, Workshops and Armoury, so I rolled for it and it came up Armoury.  Looks like we're going Human Plains; Unknown Location, Existing Armoury.  I'll get started on an IC thread.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 09:32:33 am »

Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 03:10:33 pm »

You know chief, assiging the Ant Princess who can fly to scouting and is super-perceptive might be a better idea than to trudge away on foot...just saying...it might at least be more clever than assigning an ANTwoman to organize the workforce in something that isnt a hive of antmen.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 03:10:35 pm »

Oh darn, this looks fun. Waitlist it is then.

Wish I coulda been an ork, not gonna lie :P.

Name: Groggle
Character: Quiet, analytical and sarcastic. He's loyal to a tribe, though. A patient hunter of both man and beast.
Background: Groggle was almost a joke of a goblin in his childhood. During adolescence, though, he quickly found his niche as a hunter and fighter. Preferring to fight from afar with a bow, he also proved skilful with a javelin and sword. Often away for days on his own on a large hunt, he learned to look after his own equipment, making arrows, javelins and whatever else. He was learning some metalwork before the elves attacked. Despite the goblins fighting back, the tribe was either killed or scattered. He was on the run the whole time the towers fell before coming across this group. Finally finding a group of goblins, this is now his home.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 03:37:28 pm »

You know chief, assiging the Ant Princess who can fly to scouting and is super-perceptive might be a better idea than to trudge away on foot...just saying...it might at least be more clever than assigning an ANTwoman to organize the workforce in something that isnt a hive of antmen.

I have a Beakdog, and a kobold should fit on it. So no trudging for us. And I only asked to observe and access the workforce, not organize it. :p I'm sure my character will be in for a pleasant surprise.

But OOCly, your observation is the best skill we have for judging/sorting the slaves, and it is kinda important we make the most out of them.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 08:22:25 pm »

As a side note, please bold actions you are definitely taking.  Makes it easier for me to account it all.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 09:46:26 pm »

As a side note, please bold actions you are definitely taking.  Makes it easier for me to account it all.

I'm not bolding any action quite yet, as I'm hoping somebody will give me a good IC excuse to put off/take the slave audit before Kae gets snippy and/or murderous. Clearly if everybody remains on this path, it will be bad, but I don't see a way out without breaking character at the moment. If you are in a rush to crank out the first turn, just assume I go scouting with the Kobold.

OOCly I wasn't expecting to be made chief, and I had assumed that the ant had been around long enough to figure out how goblins differ from her own kind. Might have to suck it up, and pull out some sort of lame 'changed my mind' excuse to avoid getting most of our slaves neutered, but hopefully I can get some help.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2014, 09:56:56 pm »

Well, you were the only goblin, it made sense.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2014, 10:02:46 pm »

I was hoping that butcher guy was gonna get in. :p

He might have been a goblin. I think.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 10:19:14 pm »

If yall want you could ask me to look into the health of the slaves, it would be appropriate after a journey? That way I could be around long enough to stop the. Um. Practices of the ant queen. I might not care about the welfare of the slaves, but I can recognize a ridiculously stupid idea when I see it. Unless it has to do with whether or not to obey a order not to steal in order for us not to be found out by the locals.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2014, 10:25:37 pm »

I actually got a PM explaining some things. It will all be fine. Crisis averted.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2014, 10:28:25 pm »

I'm the most useful PC, as I have long lasting, no upkeep, emotionless, free soldiers.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2014, 10:34:56 pm »

Also don't worry about having leadership thrust upon you Weirdsound, I'll make sure to usurp you with a wacky and poorly researched theocracy that gets us butchered by the forces of good within the week.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2014, 10:43:35 pm »

A healer, yes... That might be helpful in my experiments. I'll work horrors with a knife and a sewing kit.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2014, 06:51:46 pm »

Are you looking for a new town, or investigating the village thus seen?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5