Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Goblin Clan! [OOC Thread]  (Read 4423 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Clan! [OOC Thread]
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2014, 11:21:47 pm »

Alright. So I think it is time to put together a pre-violence checklist of things we want to accomplish before we start sorely provoking the humans. Feel free to suggest new items or amend existing ones.

1: Train the slaves. Spears and a few healers for now methinks.
2: Case the humans out. This is mostly on Alex and Kae. We want to know where there towns are, what is of value in those towns, and where any large army that might come to said town's aid against us might be located.
3: Obtain a defensible position. This likely means finding a new base. I propose following the stream I found until it reaches a larger body of water, and looking for shelter around there, that way we can supplement our food through fishing. Alternatively, we can risk finding and raiding some small farms outside of the towns for tools that we can use to improve our current hideout.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2014, 04:25:06 am »

Can someone let me know when a place opens up in this?

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2014, 05:57:48 am »

Are you looking for a new town, or investigating the village thus seen?
Looking for a new town
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2014, 07:03:40 am »

Can you teach the goblins as well? It seems to me that lighting would be far more useful in battle then healing. Although both would be useful. And I think raiding the town to get stuff to improve our current fort would be best. I'm not sure if we have the architectural skills to make a fortress from scratch. Although a fort on the sea would be cool.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2014, 09:05:40 am »

Can you teach the goblins as well? It seems to me that lighting would be far more useful in battle then healing. Although both would be useful. And I think raiding the town to get stuff to improve our current fort would be best. I'm not sure if we have the architectural skills to make a fortress from scratch. Although a fort on the sea would be cool.

Teaching them lightning might be okay. I'll try that.

What concerns me is doing so might draw heat before we have our defenses ready... Although I guess if Alex can stomach a few weeks honest labor, we can just send him to town to work and buy stuff. Perhaps he can even  bring a few slaves, and a cute story about how he captured them in the war against goblinkind.

It might also be prudent to find and raid some animal-men, come to think of it. Soft targets and all.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2014, 10:10:28 am »

Aye. Perhaps unknown location wasn't the smartest choice I've ever voted for...

Also JackoftheBox, I don't think my guy can actually heal poison or sickness. My healing ability seems to be specifically for wounds. I'll give it a try if you want though. You might realistically be better off trying to make a cure for yourself though.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:12:09 am by Criptfeind »

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2014, 02:29:37 pm »

Labor. I'll start doing labor once you guys give me better tools to work with. I need a sewing kit, a knife, a workshop, a healer! Then I can make undead abominations who do the work for us while I lay back and guard.
10/10.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2014, 02:38:39 pm »

You already have four basic zombie labourers, who are currently better fighters than your slaves.  Although admittedly not so useful in town.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2014, 02:45:17 pm »

Labor. I'll start doing labor once you guys give me better tools to work with. I need a sewing kit, a knife, a workshop, a healer! Then I can make undead abominations who do the work for us while I lay back and guard.

I'm talking about exploiting the fact that you are human to peacefully enter the human towns, perhaps with a few 'captured' goblin slaves, and doing some honest work for them so that you can buy a sewing kit, knife, workshop, and other things we need but are not quite ready to steal.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2014, 07:54:23 am »

Also JackoftheBox, I don't think my guy can actually heal poison or sickness. My healing ability seems to be specifically for wounds. I'll give it a try if you want though. You might realistically be better off trying to make a cure for yourself though.

Yeah I think that it won't work, just seemed something to do in character.

Also I think that it would be wise for our human to infiltrate the town. Could be useful for gathering information on the area, possibly leading us to find easier targets for raiding.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2014, 10:21:11 am »

Second question, Yourmaster; are you taking the undead mule & cart with you or leaving it at the den?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2014, 03:47:22 pm »

I'm taking it with me.
10/10.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2014, 05:25:53 am »

Will turn once Ghaz has decided/confirmed any actions.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2014, 06:49:43 am »

whoops sorry weirdsounds imadeacrazycult kthxbia

Edit: At least my prayers to the gods have clearly cured the kobold.

Also I sorta wanta see what will happen if we chop up a goblin and put him in the manure pile and then I cast my spells on it. Maybe goblins are plants, like in warhammer?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 07:03:00 am by Criptfeind »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2014, 07:12:13 am »

I can't promise anything, but I imagine you will get some crazy fertile manure.

You might need to jot down what the basic tenets of your faith are, because if you don't I'm going to go all "Kali-Ma" on you and require the faithful to periodically commit ritualistic murder to prevent the coming of the horrifying Kea-man gods.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5